“Excellent experience for special occasion”

Bistro Don Giovanni
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Don Giovanni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 295 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 29
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Went w/friend for 50th birthday wanting light dinner. Lovely restaurant out of town w/charming patio and garden w/topiary and fun scuptures, views of vineyards and mountains. Nice ambiance inside, though very busy. Wait staff were friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Great attention to detail. Had Bruschetta w/Heirloom Tomatoes-very tasty and olives on the side were very good. Salmon w/Mashed Potatoes were easily the best piece of fish and mashed potatoes have had in very long time. Salmon was perfect size-not half of entire fish-had light crust yet tender and moist inside. Mashed potatoes done correctly-light and fluffy. Light gravy w/just right seasoning to enhance fish and potatoes. Bread had nice crust but very tender inside. Plain tho' very good olive oil for dipping. Thoroughly enjoyed this fine dining experience-wish I lived closer so could go more often.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,641)

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had a late lunch here and sat at the bar, as the restaurant was very busy. My husband ordered a salad and pasta dish, and I had a pizza. The pizza was cooked perfectly in their wood burning oven, and was one of the best I have ever had. Caramelized onions, gorgonzola, fresh figs, arugula and prosciutto was an amazing combination, and the crust was just right. My husband's pasta was cooked perfectly, and the salad was as good as you will have anywhere. We will definitely return.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I had reservations and were immediately seated on a steamy hot Sunday evening. It took the server over 5 minutes to greet us which was disappointing. However, once she did, everything was great. The Caprese was made up of different tomato varietals and what at seemed like homemade mozzarella. Wine list was fantastic, including lots of Napa and Italian selections. Main entrees came out quickly and were al dente. My husband loved it, so I know we will be back.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Had lunch at this restaurant on June 27th. Bistro Don Giovanni was a recommendation for lunch for us by a winery owner in the area. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is gorgeous with its inside/outside seating areas, on beautiful grounds and service was prompt and attentive. We did an appetizer with drinks and had the tri pasta sampler plate for lunch. We thoroughly enjoyed it but, keep a hand on your checkbook, its pricey for lunch. Aside from that, it is a wonderful stop for a break while experiencing wineries in Napa. Loved it!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I stopped here for a late lunch and could not have been more pleased. We split meals everywhere we go, so we had a salad and chicken with vegetables. The complimentary bread was worth the trip alone, it was light and well seasoned. The salad was comprised of very fresh produce and the dressing was light and perfectly complemented the rest of the ingredients. The chicken with vegetables made us wonder if Julia Child reincarnate was in the kitchen.
When the price is considered, I could not more highly recommend this restaurant as an amazing meal and stellar value.