“Fabulous food”
Review of Brix

Brix
Reserve with OpenTable
Brix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 286 Restaurants in Napa
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1 mile north of Madison St
Description: Located in the heart of Napa Valley! 1 Mile North of Yountville on Highway 29. Take a walk around the grounds or through the vineyard after your meal. You are sure to fall in love with our property. We have 25 raised beds of herbs and vegetables that supply our kitchen on a daily basis so take a minute to stroll around and see what is ready to be harvested! If you are celebrating a Birthday, Anniversary, or other special occasion, please note that restaurant policy is to provide custom handwriting on the plate of the person celebrating when you order dessert.
JACKSONVILLE
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The restaurant was extra busy due to chilly weather driving the outdoor seated guests inside, so our table was delayed 15 minutes. We started with appetizers at the bar which was fun. Prompt service. Moving to our table from there we continued with a beautiful salad including caramalized apples which set this salad apart from any other. My favorite dish of all was fresh split English pea soup. Delectable!
Quiet enough to easily hear your dinner partners easily.
On a warmer evening, we would have gone out to walk their beautiful gardens.
A nice 15 minute drive past beautiful vineyards from downtown Carmel, where we stayed.

• Visited May 2014
Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us, Lynne. It means a lot to hear you enjoyed your beautiful salad and delectable split English pea soup. I look forward to passing these kind words about to our chef! Next time you're in Napa, I sincerely hope you'll keep us in mind. You've always got a spot at our table!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
“Brix needs a refresher course in customer service”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I couldn't wait to get back to Brix. The interior is well done but the real star is the rear patio. It's among the most beautiful, and well tended gardens in the Napa Valley. It is a wonderful experience to dine al fresco here.

Unfortunately that is pretty much where the great experience stopped. The service was painfully slow and erratic. One drink order was taken and the other three of us waited about 15 minutes til the one drink arrived and then the waiter suggested we order our lunch. The wait was very long with no attention from our waiter, water refill or anything. Finally we asked a manager to please check on the order as we had been waiting close to any hour, he scoffed and said well I'm sure it hasn't been an hour and left. Our waiter came by a bit later and simply said, I'll bring it out when it's ready (not helpful).

The food arrived shortly thereafter. The chicken salad i ordered was room temperature and apppeared to have been sitting out for some time. One hamburger ordered very rare was well overcooked and when we pointed it out, the waiters response was well I'll gte yoo another rare hamburger as if he first one presented was just right.

The real topper was when we had literally put down our forks the waiter plopped the bill down on the table and said here's the check I know you all are in a hurry. HUH? I asked fora dessert menus and we ordered creme brulee that was wonderful.

I've had many wonderful meals at Brix, and maybe we caught an off day but it wasn't up to par and and though their reputation is great, you can't rest on your laurels in this biz.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank charlesj18
Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
It's truly disheartening to read this review, Charles, as it's the absolute last impression we wish to leave on our guests. When it comes to your meal, you're right. Having to wait so long to order is not acceptable! While we certainly want our guests to relax and enjoy our tasty food and beautiful views, we never want them to feel frustrated with the wait time. Please let me assure you that what you describe sounds very out of character for us, and the last thing we want is for you to feel disappointed.

As for the food, I apologize that your dishes did little for your taste buds. While I cannot change the past, I'd like to personally invite you back for another opportunity to impress. I know we are the same restaurant you've grown to love, and want you to see your feedback in action.

Kindly,
New York
“Best value buffet brunch if you are a oyster lover”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

be honest, we went there for the oysters and nothing else. for $42.5, i ate 40 oysters, another dozen baked clams and shrimps, plus other hot dishes, i had my money back. their oysters were from virginia, don't know the name but the size was small. so 40 isn't a lot. my other friend chowed down 50 easily. they were fresh, tasty but not too briny (that's what i like). their beef steak was so smoky and full of flavor too. after the brunch, we hanged out in their garden with out drink with a vineyard behind us. it can't be better.

Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
What a lovely review! My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share such kind words with us here on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear just how much you enjoyed our oysters and as we say: The more, the merrier! Next time you're in Napa, I sincerely hope you'll keep us in mind. You've always got a spot at our table!

Until then,
Long Beach, California
“Best Easter Brunch ever”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is the second time we have had Easter Brunch here, the setting is so beautiful with the gardens and all the flowers. The stations are set up by theme and there is plenty of variety. I like that many of the portions are small so you can try different things and not fill up so fast. Sat outside and loved the view. It is expensive and hard to justify that for breakfast foods.

1 Thank lanzie99
Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Best Easter Brunch ever? Wow! What a heartwarming compliment! Thank you for taking the time to share this glowing recommendation for us here on TripAdvisor. It means the world to hear you enjoyed a happy Easter with us and I cannot wait to share your kind words with the team. Next time you're craving a delicious brunch -- I hope you'll keep us in mind! You've always got a spot at our table.

Danville, California
“A Nice Surpise”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My wife and I spent the day in the Napa valley picking up some wine and decided to look for a place to stop for lunch. We stopped at a few of the more well known reataurants only to find that you needed reservations. When we stopped at the Brix restaurant the manager went out of his way to accomodate us and we were seated outside under a shaded patio with hundreds of trellis roses sourrounding us. The menu was delightful and there was a nice selection of wine by the glass. WE started with two appetizers. My wife chose Beef Carpaccio with a soft boiled crusted quail egg which my wife remarked was the best egg that she ever tasted. I chose the steamed mussels in a lemon garlic saffron sauce that was to die for. This was accompanied by a glass of 2008 Kelleher Cabernet Savignon and my wife chose a nice 2010 Dry Creek Zinfandel to go with her lunch which was a Papperdelle pasta with a ragu of pork and beef tomatoe sauce. I chose the grilled chicken salad which was laced with bits of bacon and avacado. The chicken was moist and the salad had a citrus tang which gave the salad some real zest. The service was a little slow however considering the crowd and the great tasting dishes it was worth the wait. Stopping at the Brix reataurant was a nice surprise and a compliment t a day in the Napa Valley!

Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
There's nothing we love more than impressing our guests! Thank you, Jerome, for taking the time to share such a heartfelt, detailed review here on TripAdvisor. From our delightful menu to our nice selection of wine, I couldn't be happier to hear just how much you and your wife enjoyed dining with us. Next time you're in Napa, I sincerely hope you'll keep us in mind! You've always got a spot at our table.