“Decent but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Brix

Brix
Reserve with OpenTable
Brix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1 mile north of Madison St
Description: Located in the heart of Napa Valley! 1 Mile North of Yountville on Highway 29. Take a walk around the grounds or through the vineyard after your meal. You are sure to fall in love with our property. We have 25 raised beds of herbs and vegetables that supply our kitchen on a daily basis so take a minute to stroll around and see what is ready to be harvested! If you are celebrating a Birthday, Anniversary, or other special occasion, please note that restaurant policy is to provide custom handwriting on the plate of the person celebrating when you order dessert.
Columbus, Ohio
“Decent but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2007

My wife and I went to Brix on our first night in Napa/Yountville. I made reservations several weeks prior, and mentioned that it was our 2 year anniversary. It would have been nice if they acknowledge our special occassion. A complimentary dessert, a congratulations from our server, or even a note card on the table would have been sufficient.

Based on reviews, I was expect a great meal but I felt the food was average at best, especially for the price. I ordered the lamb and my wife ordered the scallops, neither one of us finished our entrees.

One thing i did appreciate was the bar tender. We sat at the bar and ordered drinks prior to taking a table. The bar tender poured a generous glass of wine, and even topped my glass off a second time w/o me asking.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbus, Ohio
“Very Good...would definitely recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2007

I was very impressed with this restaurant. First of all, the service was absolutely incredible and I am typically hard to impress when it comes to service. The wine sommelier was awesome, and not only helped us enjoy our experience but was happy to give us advice on wineries to visit. Then there is the food…awesome. We started with oysters that were fresh and tasty. I then had a fantastic salad course, followed by a very well prepared lamb dish. I am a huge lamb fan and it was perfect. Sometimes you go to higher priced restaurants and come away with an empty, “I didn’t get what I paid for feeling”, but other times you are happy to sign that fat check at the end of the night. This was one of those latter experiences. Brix was a great end to our first night in wine country and set the tone for a great Napa vacation!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Consistently good food & lovely grounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2007

This place is a pleasure. First of all the gardens and the grounds are a nice touch. Second, Brix has been around for a number of years and still provides consistently good California cuisine with fresh ingredients and cooked expertly. I wouldn't say it's five star but I would say its a great value when you don't want to pay $200/per person. Visit in the summer when the chef is cooking right out of his garden. Heck bring your favorite bottle of wine, too! You wont be dissappointed!

Princeton, New Jersey
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2007

Wonderful romantic view coupled with Great food, wine and service makes this restaurant a must for a fine dining experience in beautiful Napa Valley. We arrived at 7 PM and sat outside on the patio dining area. From bread to desert everything was perfect. The wine list is one of the best California lists I have ever experienced with all the top producers reseves represented. We chose a 2001 Shafer Hillside Select Cabernet. I had the Wild King salmon in a Black berry Rouge that was exquisite. The Kobe flat iron steak that my wife ordered was accented by a flavorful foie gras sauce.After dinner you can walk in the flower and herb garden with your wine where convenient chaise lounges for two are set up. Yes, it is expensive but well worth the experience. Bon Appetite

New Jersey
“Perfect in the Napa Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2007

What a wonderful meal...the service and food all excellent. The wine list even has a page titled "Wines we love to crow about under $30." After dinner our waiter invited to take our wine glasses (that were still somewhat full) out to the gardens. What a perfect end to a lovely evening.

RandR2