Napa Valley Tours - Why Spit
Review Highlights
Best guide in the Napa Valley!

Why Spit is my first and favorite choice for touring the Napa Valley. Barry is tightly knit into... read more

Reviewed March 10, 2020
580justinv
As Expected

We were referred by a friend who raved about Barry. We were not disappointed. Received a... read more

Reviewed March 3, 2020
AndrewCHouston_Texas
Houston, Texas

Recommended experiences in and around Napa
from $136.22
from $119.00
from $203.85
from $107.89
More Info
All reviews bottle of champagne wine country napa valley look no further took pictures his knowledge likes and dislikes an unforgettable experience day tour great conversation off the beaten path anniversary trip great trip winery visits birthday celebration great suggestions fantastic wine
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Born and raised in Napa, I didn't believe I needed any assistance in planning my trip "home". It was, however, the first time I was hiring a driver, so I asked my friends and family in the industry who they recommended, and unanimously, it was Barry. From the first email exchange, I knew he was my guy. I emailed him my itinerary and he very politely asked if he could offer a few suggestions.
All I can say is that it was my best trip to Napa..ever. My family owns Whetstone(not to be missed), and I come home several times a year, so I feel like I have the insiders edge, but Barry introduced me to gems I would not have found on my own.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I can say that our entire group looked forward to our day with Barry and what he had up his sleeve.

Barry is a master of his profession and handled every detail with charm, humor and wit.
He is full of historical knowledge and answered all our questions while not overwhelming us with his presence.

There is not one suggestion or comment I could think of to improve the experience. Barry, you nailed it, and I just hope you're not to busy to drive us on our next trip home in July!

Marlene

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank aboymom3
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

What a blast! Barry made the trip very personal and extremely fun. My wife and myself are (where ) not big wine fans but Barry took us to the wineries that helped us to understand in a very fun way. Thanks for the day converted Colorado couple.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

What a great way to see wine country. Barry was great! He helped plan the day and made it special for us the entire time. Genuine, friendly, knowledgeable and fun! Highly recommend Barry & Why Spit!!

1  Thank davidrsr
Reviewed March 11, 2017

Welcoming, inviting, no stress. They just took care of everything so all we had to do was enjoy the day. I didn't have to think about anything other than being with my family and friends and taking in all that Napa has to offer! Loved the inside tidbits about the towns, shopping, restaurants and vineyards. Carrie and Barry were simply wonderful. They made an already special day for me that much more special!!

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Can't speak enough about the level of concierge and perfection! Barry and Carrie will set it and you forget it! Pay the money and be pampered by the valleys best! Tell them your flavor profile and price point and let them do their magic! They will blow your mind with places you have never heard of and far better wines than the cattle calls of national brands!

1  Thank Travelwellnow