“Delicious dish and warm smile:)”

Ristorante Allegria
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Allegria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 295 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: On Your Next Trip to Napa Valley, enjoy a cozy luncheon or a candle-lit dinner at Ristorante Allegria. Allegria is located in a Historic Bank Landmark, built in 1916, in the heart of downtown Napa. Ristorante Allegria is one of the top Napa Valley Dining Restaurants featuring a Breathtaking Ambiance, Delicious Italian and California Cuisine, Great Service and Relaxing Italian Music!"Dine at Allegria's for a great dining experience or host your next special event you and your friends won't soon forget.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Food and wine are delicious and sevice was warm and nice.
It's not easy to find good Italian restaurants that can cook pasta to al dente like them.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We arrived right at the time of our reservation and although the restaurant was full, we were seated immediately! I had booked the reservation on open table, and it was our 21st wedding anniversary, and the gave us each a free appetizer (a risotto ball, breaded and lightly fried, very tasty!) and a glass of champagne to celebrate! That was nice!!! The restaurant is located in an old bank and we saw you can eat in the vault for a small private party. The lighting is beautiful and the ambiance is fun and lively. Our server was really nice and attentive.

We first ordered the Warm Napa Cabbage Salad. WE LOVED IT!!! I'm looking for the recipe! It was crunchy, blue cheesy, bacon and mushroom loaded. Made our mouths sing! Then it was time for dinner. I ordered pesto gnocchi and the gnocchi was the best I've had since Florence, Italy. Puffy and buttery on their own, but the pesto cream sauce was perfect and not drowning the gnocchi. I had grilled chicken added to it and it was great. My husband had the veal scallopini, which was tender, light breaded, lemony and sprinkled with capers and sautéed mushrooms. Delicious! We were too full to order dessert - but we will absolutely return to this fabulous restaurant the next time we go to Napa.

2  Thank CharmChari
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I don't like giving out 5/5 ratings but Ristorante Allegria was great and fully deserved it.

I was staying in Sonoma with my wife and we made a trip to Napa - which was looking like a big mistake. Then we stumbled upon Ristorante Allegria. The moment we walked into the grand former bank I knew it was going to be good. The place was almost full with local business people - a big vote of confidence.

We were going to order but the waitress pointed out the "lunch-box" options and we went for these. The Napa Cabbage starter with blue cheese and bacon was something I have never had and it was amazing. Then the chicken sandwich was first rate also. And the lunch-box was great value.

I would definitely make a trip to Napa to eat at the Ristorante Allegria.

1  Thank BertBantham
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant review is a few months way overdue! We dined at this restaurant a few months ago on a trip to San Francisco. While there, we went to Napa Valley. This restaurant and the food it served was the best dining experience during our entire trip. The food was great and the service was fantastic. We ordered several items to get a variety of their dishes. The cook went as far as to create something special for my mom that wasn't on the menu.

From the food to the service to the decor of this restaurant, I loved everything about it! The next time I am in Northern California I will just bypass SF and stay in Napa. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Kstansb2003
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great atmosphere and centrally located in downtown Napa. Promptly seated on the main floor for 8 p.m. reservation as upper level was closed for a private party. Attentive service and honest recommendations from the main waiter. Did a great job of spreading out the courses so we could enjoy the meal without feeling rushed. Turned out to be the last table occupied and never felt rushed. No corkage fees on Monday enjoying the wine we brought at no charge was a pleasant surprise. Caesar salad, Rigatoni Salsiccia and Gnocci Al Pesto were absolutely all outstanding. We highly recommend and would go out of our way to eat here again when in the area.

2  Thank Joski69