“Enjoyable lunch spot”

Ristorante Allegria
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Allegria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 297 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: On Your Next Trip to Napa Valley, enjoy a cozy luncheon or a candle-lit dinner at Ristorante Allegria. Allegria is located in a Historic Bank Landmark, built in 1916, in the heart of downtown Napa. Ristorante Allegria is one of the top Napa Valley Dining Restaurants featuring a Breathtaking Ambiance, Delicious Italian and California Cuisine, Great Service and Relaxing Italian Music!"Dine at Allegria's for a great dining experience or host your next special event you and your friends won't soon forget.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant is located in an old bank building, with very high ceilings, giving it an interesting ambiance. We had a terrific lunch, with a great soup of the day -- chicken with wild rice. The menu has a range of Italian offerings, and I would definitely go back at dinner time to give it another try.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I went to Napa for our one year anniversary. This restaurant was recommended by several people, so we made reservations about three weeks in advance. Upon arriving a few minutes before our 8:00 PM reservation, we were told by the two hostesses to wait at the bar 5-10 minutes for our table. Fine by us because we know how to entertain ourselves at a bar in Napa for 10 minutes, however, our wait turned into a 47 minute wait that included the hostess all but calling us liars to our faces. Consequently, we will never return and have taken this opportunity to write our first ever Tripadvisor review of our experience.

When we arrived, the restaurant was crowded, but we were very accommodating and did not push things. After 20 minutes of waiting (standing at a crowded bar), I approached one of the hostesses to inquire about the status, and the hostess curtly said it would be just a few more minutes. After 35 minutes of waiting (still standing), I approached the same hostess to check on the status because many other two-tops were being seated and that we would like to be seated for our one-year anniversary dinner - hint hint that it was a special night and that, just maybe, common courtesy should be displayed to restaurant patrons. We were told to go wait at the bar a few more minutes, and within a few minutes one of the hostesses offered the worst table in the restaurant directly behind where she, the other hostess, and those waiting were standing. Who wants a nice, romantic table with everyone hovering over you? We politely declined as asked for one either upstairs or in the actual downstairs dining room - exactly what we had requested when making our reservation weeks earlier. This is when the quality of the restaurant dipped to a too-low-to-recover-from level. About a minute after we declined the table offered and returned to standing at the bar, the hostess approached my wife and said that we had only made our reservation that same day just before arriving and we should be happy with the table offered. My wife responded politely that she made the reservations weeks ago. In reply, the hostess told my wife to her face, "No, you are wrong, you spoke with me today and I took your reservation today." Unbelievable. This went on back and forth for a few moments until the hostess finally said, "Isn't your last name, __(NOT OUR NAME)__." We both said, "No, it is __(OUR NAME)__." Upon hearing this, the hostess abruptly walked away without another word. This hostess ignored us for the next 75 minutes until coming over to our table to say that the restaurant would "treat" for our appetizer because of the wait and that she was sorry that her computer messed up.

Long story short, we were eventually seated after a 47 minute wait. The problem was not the wait, because restaurants get crowded and seating mistakes happen. No big deal. The problem was how the restaurant employees treated us when they knew it was a special occasion for us. That really robbed us from our enjoyment of the evening at the restaurant. Aside from a lame and insulting "computer error" excuse after the way the hostess spoke to my wife, the food was rather average making this restaurant a "two thumbs down." By contrast, we ate at Auberge Du Soleil (Rutherford) and Celadon (downtown Napa) two other nights and recommend both of those restaurants in terms of service and quality of staff over this restaurant without hesitation.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great food, busy, but warm & inviting atmosphere, wonderful downtown Napa location.

The Napa cabbage salad is light, but smoky and flavorful. If I lived locally, I'd order that on a regular basis. The fresh bread and dipping sauce with onions is a flavorful change from plain olive oil and balsamic vinegar. They've achieved pasta perfection with their rigatoni with sausage, peppers and onions, as well as the wild mushroom raviolis.

Make reservations and give your taste buds a treat.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was with a large party of 15. We dined upstairs and had great and timely service. The bread and olive oil took me back to my last trip to Italy. A varied menu and great wine cellar enhanced the experience. We all "sampled" each other's selections and all dishes - pasta, beef, fish- were well prepared, cooked and served.
This restaurant is in "downtown" Napa, but parking is available nearby. Mangia! Mangia!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have recently traveled from Yosemite to San Francisco to Napa. This restaurant is one of our favorites! The staff was friendly, the atmosphere relaxing, and the food was great. Would highly recommend. The price was exceptional, and the portions "just right".

1  Thank Steve J