“Locals love it”
Review of Il Posto Trattoria

Il Posto Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Posto Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 295 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wine Country Ave.
Description: We have a smaller midday menu from 2-5 in the afternoons in order to prep for dinner, thanks for understanding.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Other than some spotty service the evening was fun. Lively place with lots of locals. Good ravioli for me and linguini with clams for my wife. And terrific value. Might be worth a return trip in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I stumbled across this little jewel of a restaurant on our recent visit to Napa. I had chicken marsala with creamy polenta, my husband had the spaghetti and meatballs, and we shared the mixed green salad. Everything was wonderful. The atmosphere and tastes transported me back to meals with my extended Italian family when I was a child. The service was excellent and the price reasonable in a warm, homey environment.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I had heard a lot about Il Posto from our friends and decided to try on a day off. Wow, good food, good prices, easy comfortable casual atmosphere. A gem in the rough - local's style. Nicely appointed tables, smart casual dress by most customers. Some kids but not over run. Nice selection of wine by the glass (decent wine list overall). Not expensive or over-priced. We started with the Arancini - what a delightful Italian treat! I had the seafood fettuccine in a pesto Alfredo sauce (yum), although would have been better w/o the small bay scallops. My wife had the gnocchi in a meaty marinara sauce (double yum). Portions come in two sizes for those of varying appetites. We didn't make it to dessert. Next time, and there will be plenty. We have found another locals hang out for us! Parking is easy, anywhere in the little shopping plaza. If you are looking for a breather from the $$$$ restaurants in the Napa Valley, this should be near the top of your list. Takes reservations and credit cards. Good place for a date or a low key dinner out! Enjoy!

arikjih, Owner at Il Posto Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thanks for joining us. We are glad you enjoyed the exact experience we envisioned from the beginning.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

After several days of wine drinking and several nights eating in restaurants that "other people" told us to eat, we looked for a place where locals ate. We landed at Il Posto on our last night in Napa. Pulling into a small strip mall on the west side of the railroad tracks, we wondered if we had made a mistake. We had not. This unassuming Italian restaurant had everything we wanted: terrific food, a warm atmosphere, very good service, and a business-like wine selection. It might not be for everyone, but it should be if you are looking for the alternative to the French Laundry and it's price tag. Go, relax, and just unwind over good food and your own conversation. Have fun.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I ordered spaghetti and meatballs - something generally considered safe in pretentious restaurants. Would have been better off getting a can of chef boyardee- would have been able to eat it and not spent $100.00. Spaghetti was wet, meatballs were dry and waiter was rude.

1  Thank Judith M