As noted on the other reviews, Jim and Jamie are gracious hosts for this outstanding respite at the end of a long day of touring and tasting. Both really care for their guests well being, something that is all but gone in any Inn or Hotel today. When they say, "come back home soon" at the end of the stay, you get the sense they mean it. Their home is your home when you are there. The Inn has supremely comfortable rooms, large and with all the touches you would expect from the best Inn in the valley (or anywhere else for that matter.) The location is perfect and leads you to easy access to all the highways in the valley. Mercedes is a a wonderful person as well and seems genuinely interested in helping each set of guests with their unique desires. Each question we asked of them was always met with a successful response and with grace. Booking anywhere else in Napa would be a mistake. The only nit I would pick is that the beds are quite firm. If you are used to a pillow top softie, these will give you a firm-a-thon that may not be to your taste. Other than that, run, don't walk, to the Inn on First for a stay you will remember forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are setting the new standard for the American Bed and Breakfast Inn. This is not an inn for traditional B&B people. We are attracting the next generation who want great food for breakfast, well beyond the traditional omelets, frittatas, and egg bakes of old. This is where you get to experience a chef's creative innovation each morning, one of his 130 recipes for breakfast, such as Corndog Omelets, Tomato and Egg Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons, or S'mores French Toast with house made Marshmallows.WARNING: we do not cater to people who want to stay connected to the television. We purposely removed all televisions so that couples can enjoy the intimacy of whirlpool tubs in the rooms with gas fireplaces, or sit out in the garden sipping on wine and enjoying great conversation. Yes, WiFi is available for those who feel they must stay connected to the outside world, but our hope is that you will learn to leave all that aside to enjoy great Napa hospitality here at the inn and at the wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your The Inn On First reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On 1st
- The Inn On First Hotel Napa
- The Inn On First Napa, Napa Valley, CA