“Lovely stay!”

River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Inn is tucked away from the highway in a quiet, tranquil spot. We stayed in one of the "River View Deluxe Whirlpool" rooms. It actually looked just like the pictures on their website (when does that ever happen!). The room was quite large and the bed was very comfy! It had a small refrigerator and even a place to sit and put on my makeup! I loved sitting out on the balcony and watching the sun come up in the morning. Between touring the area, I even made time to soak in the big whirlpool tub ... so relaxing! My husband appreciated the free WiFi. As soon as we arrived at the hotel, the woman behind the counter made us feel welcome and even helped book a wine tour for us (which was also wonderful). We really enjoyed our stay. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Only stayed in one room here ... 3rd floor with a river view ... it was quite nice!
1  Thank Woodchipperwife
There are newer reviews for River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel

Reviewed February 17, 2013

A really nice Inn within walking distance of the Oxbow market. Downtown was also within a short walk. We chose to drive since it was pretty chilly in the mornings and evening. Staff were courteous. Other travelers mostly seemed to be there for business. I think it would be a better stay when it is warmer and the river path could be better enjoyed (bikes available) as well as a walk to downtown. We stayed in the king room on the second floor overlooking the river. The room was a little small but had a very nice bathroom with whirlpool tub as well as a area for putting on makeup outside the bathroom. Very nice use of the space.We stayed three nights and had the 3rd night free so for the price it was well worth it.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our first time at the River Terrace Inn, and I was completely impressed. I'm highly allergic to scents and perfumes, and most hotels use some kind of fragrance as part of their usual housekeeping procedure. I called ahead to request a fragrance-free room, then confirmed the request the day before arriving; the room was completely scent-free! It was a tremendous relief, and harder to accomplish (for someone as sensitive to such things as I am) than it sounds.

The staff was welcoming and friendly every single time we saw anyone, but they were never intrusive or overly-helpful. We did have a problem with the heat in our room (couldn't turn it on at first, then couldn't turn it off), but we never got around to reporting it, so it's hardly the hotel's fault. The one problem we did report - an issue with the television - was resolved for us almost immediately.

Everything else was pretty well as advertised: comfortable bed, enormous jetted tub, great location. It was just a bonus that there's a mini-fridge in the room (in addition to the honor-bar refrigerator) to hold leftovers, beverages, and so on.

We had a lovely evening at the River Terrace Inn, and we'll definitely check in again if we come back to Napa.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I had a great experience at the River Terrace Inn for our 2nd anniversary. Hotel was clean and well-maintained, but also had that something special. We enjoyed dining on the outdoor patio and walking along the trail behind the hotel. Downtown Napa was within walking distance for us, and the wine train is *right nearby. Trip Advisor reviews helped me select the hotel, and I wanted to make sure to pay it forward with a helpful review. Great place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My friend and I were doing a girls weekend and knew we wanted to stay the night after our day tours and wanted to be close to the downtown scene. This hotel was the most decent price for a Saturday night that I could find. It is walking distance from downtown and right next to their great restaurant Cuvée. The room was ready for us early so we could check in before we left for our 11am bus tour. The room was very neat and modern. They also had a cool lobby area with a wine bar and some food. I would definitely return on my next trip to Napa!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

It was a while since I last stayed at River Terrace Inn. Loved it the first time and tried for a 2nd. Reading the reviews by other travelers made me nervous with my choice. I can see the reason for some of the high scores and other not so comments. The website was challenging to make a reservation direct -- called the hotel and they didn't even know of their promotions or specials. After negotiating about other sites prices was offered a very good rate! Check in ok-- not exciting or welcoming. Rooms average-- the beds however Wonderful!! Nice shower too. The bartender on for Fri and Sat - was nasty and rude. We missed the complimentary testing by 5 minutes and he made us the butt of his jokes with other guests. Breakfast is buy as you eat-- or go their restaurant (visit Oxbow Market instead--short walk from hotel) Doesn't seem boutiquety anymore -- more chain like, but would recommend for comfort and convenience -- and shop for best price.

Room Tip: River view rooms not worth the extra $ -- Village rooms on weekends get to watch hot air balloons f...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hr1313
StephanieHapp, Director of Sales at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear hr1313,

We are very sorry that we did not impress you this time around. I can assure you that being an independant boutique property is very important to us and we want all of our guests to experience this charm. We are sorry we missed our opportunity with you during your stay. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy our beds, showers and convenience to nearby attractions. We do hope you consider us again on your next stay, we would love the opportunity to win you back as a guest!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a problem at check in. The front desk manager seemed to be incompetent, having to rely on his staff to correct the problem. When we stopped by the desk three different times to speak with him, he was never available and the clerks said he didn't have a pager/phone. The hotel itself is nice but lack of professionalism hurt. Good size rooms and very clean. Friendly bartender.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple