“Perfect.”

Ranked #1 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This was the perfect place to stay in Napa. Convenient location to get up and down 29, and the cottages are charming and private. All the perks of a bed and breakfast without having to mingle with other guests if you don't want to. The front desk/concierge/proprietor was beyond helpful-- we will definitely stay here when we go back to Napa.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Wadena, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I’m finally back in my Minnesota home, still riding a vacation-high, after a memorable trip to northern California. A friend asked me to describe my favorite part of the vacation and, without hesitating, I said, “I know it was just one night, but I’ve fallen in love—with the Cottages at Napa Valley”

As pragmatic as I am, I am also a romantic, and The Cottages satisfied both sides of my personality. Considering I was on vacation in a region that inspired movies like “Bottle Shock” and “A Walk in the Clouds,” I wanted to stay in a place that captured that sense of romance, history, and charm. In addition to inspiring ambience, I wanted impeccable design, pristine cleanliness, luxurious comfort, and a knowledgeable and friendly staff that would connect me to all their favorite wineries, restaurants, and other local, must-be-experienced locales. The Cottages fit the bill—and that was just the beginning.

Walking into the office, I was greeted with a hearty smile and welcome from Kevin, who checked me in, and then enthusiastically took the time to answer all my questions about which wineries and restaurants to visit during my short stay (my favorites—Tres Sabores Winery and Ad Hoc Restaurant). It was apparent that he loves this region and was sincerely interested in making this a stellar visit for me. By the time I reached the courtyard of colorful gardens and well-manicured lawn, I felt any residual tension in my body melt away. I followed the path to my personal cottage (#2), to find a private patio with comfy chairs and a chimenea (for late night fire, sips of wine and s’mores—all provided by The Cottages). I was in heaven!

And then I entered the cottage…well, I could write pages on the cottage itself and all the thoughtful amenities found within it. Each accoutrement (and the list would be endless!) truly was a reflection of the owners’ personal commitment to providing the most memorable experience one could have in Napa Valley. Previous reviewers have done a great job of providing that detail, so I won’t repeat their glowing accounts. Let me just say that they thought of everything--from making sure I found delicious Napa wine and a nutritious snack to quell my post-travel hunger to providing the New York Times with my morning breakfast basket from Thomas Keller’s (French Laundry) Bouchon Bakery. All that was over and above my excellent core lodging experience—sumptuously comfortable beds, strikingly clean environment, and service that made me feel like I was the center of their universe (Joe, another of the helpful Cottages team members, even shuttled me and my traveling companion back and forth to Ad Hoc for dinner.

I strongly encourage you to make the Cottages of Napa Valley your home base for your next visit to Napa Valley. I can’t wait to come back with my husband for a longer stay. And finally, a huge THANKS to the owners and team at The Cottages for pouring all their love and thoughtful attention into every detail to ensure their guests carry warm, happy memories home with them. Still beaming…

Room Tip: I was in Cottage #2, which was great! Each cottage seemed to be equally well-appointed and comfy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Beautiful cottages (we were in cottage 5, farthest from road/entrance) with individual outdoor fireplaces. Sitting fireside at night drinking a bottle of wine was truly the ideal end of every day in Napa. Loved the huge bathtubs, amazingly comfortable beds and very tasty breakfast baskets. Cottages are very easy to get to and located close to fabulous restaurants - just about everything is within 10 miles. Staff was exceptional and we loved their winery (Pride Mtn and Paraduxx) and restaurant recommendations (Farmstead, Bottega). Exceptional touches and we really appreciated the bottle of wine and anniversary champagne in our cottage. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! Very private and beautiful! A hot tub under the cupola would be a great addition

• Stayed June 2013
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a first class accommodation where, from the front desk service to the housekeeping, and everything else you can think of, is perfect. The rooms are large, beds big & comfy. The bathrooms have nice fixtures, heated floors and ample towels & paper. The kitchen is well stocked with cookware, serving utensils, snacks & drinks. The free wifi has a strong signal. The grounds are well kept but slightly rustic & the patio with fire making stuff is fun. The staff provides down to earth suggestions, & are great to talk with. Top of the line!

• Stayed June 2013
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Cottages of Napa Valley is one of those places you instantly fall in love with. I definitely scored big points with my wife when I selected this property for our first ever visit to the Napa Valley. The cottages are absolutely charming, spacious and well appointed. We met the owners of the property and they took time to speak with us and ensure we were enjoying ourselves the staff was top notch especially Kevin and Joe both of whom were friendly and helpful.
The property consists of eight cottages each of them unique in their own way. We stayed in cottage number 2 which is billed as the Romantic King Cottage and it certainly fits the description. The cottage was spacious with a very comfortable King size bed and sitting area. It also had a kitchenette that was well equipped. They even supplied coffee and coffee filters for the coffee maker and the coffee was a gourmet grind not some sterile prepackaged no name brand.
The bathroom was great; it featured a walk-in and a large spa tub. The double sink was made of concrete and there was sufficient counter space for all of our stuff. The tile floors were heated making it very comfortable on our feet.
The breakfast was delivered to us every morning at 8 AM and consisted of fresh baked pastries and breads along with fresh fruits and orange juice. Other items such as quiche are available for extra charge on request.
We especially appreciated the complimentary shuttle service into Yountville provided for dinner. This allowed us to enjoy wine with our dinner and not have to worry with driving and drinking as well as avoiding any parking hassles.
I would definitely recommend this property to anyone visiting the Napa Valley and hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

Chicago
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband surprised me with a 30th birthday trip to Napa Valley. We stayed in Cottage #7 at the Cottages of Napa Valley, and it was a wonderful long weekend. The cottage is so cute, nicely decorated, and cozy with fabulous amenities. We loved the little kitchen to make French Press coffee in the morning while we enjoyed our Bouchon Bakery pastries that were delivered in a basket on our doorstep. We loved the giant cozy bed that I had to use the step stool to climb into with. Having a robe and slippers to wear around also made me feel like I was truly on vacation. One of the best perks, though, was the car service that was complimentary to take us to and from Yountville for dinner each night (We went to Brix and Bottega-both yum!). Our favorite thing about the Cottages of Napa was the outdoor fire pit that each cottage had. Each was private enough with trees/foliage blocking the view from the other cottages. We would sit outside at night, drinking wine and making s'mores (S'mores baskets available from the office!). This was a lovely trip and we will definitely be back someday. I definitely recommend the Cottages of Napa for a great location, wonderful attention to detail, and a romantic and cozy ambiance.

scottsdale,az
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am writing this from cottage #4. we had a great stay here. just what we were looking for. very nice, clean , comfortable cabins. with a small kitchenette- refridge, gas oven, sink, etc. each cottage has little sitting area in front with fireplace, #4 also has a side porch with table and chairs and a two person bench swing. the bathroom is large with a Jacuzzi type tub wich actually works (I am not very enamored with the typical jetted tubs, but this one has small holes at the bottom which squirts out air with some actual force. the bed was great, soft but with a firmness also.

I hate being nickeled and dimed, so it was a nice surprise to have snacks, drinks and even a bottle of wine gratis. but the very best part was breakfast. a big basket from Bouchon bakery. OMG!!! two large muffins- blueberry and a fluffy croissant like one filled with a compote and covered in a butter cream. a chocolate filled flaky almond claw, and a loaf of bread. served with a fruit cup and OJ.

a well recommended stop in Napa. we did get the bigger cottage, but they all look nice. I was not bothered by street noise, but being cognizant of the issues, can here it if I try. we will return

Room Tip: #4 is away from street, has own parking and side porch.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Hotel Yountville
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
SENZA Hotel
SENZA Hotel
#3 of 30 in Napa

Been to The Cottages of Napa Valley? Share your experiences!