“Absolutely perfect couples getaway!”

The Cottages of Napa Valley
Ranked #2 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Sacramento, California, United States
“Absolutely perfect couples getaway!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My now husband and I were looking for someplace nearby that we could zip away for a mini-moon before our official honeymoon. I stumbled across this place and I am SO happy that I did. The website and pictures had me hooked from the beginning (being their packages are so reasonably priced) and I had HOPED it would be just as adorable as the reviews said it would be, they did not disappoint.

We did get the kings cottage package (which I entirely recommend). The room is just perfect, just enough space for two and entirely functional (I didn't not realize they had an entirely stocked kitchenette). The spa bath is delightful (and yes it's air jets, not water jets, so it's very clean), the rooms are extremely comfortable and we were treated very well. We upgraded to the dinner at Ad Hoc was which fantastic, they called and made reservations for us and booked our in room massages without hesitation. Plus they have a car to drive you into town for dinner drop off and pick up, which with Yountville just a few miles down the road, is hard to pass up. They also include free tasting at a few local vineyards which was wonderful. And everyone that found out where we were staying all had the same thing to say "Ohh those adorable cottages down the street? I just love those!" They also dropped the hint around for us that we were honeymooners and we got a few free upgrades around town. Which, who can say no to that!

I can go on and on about how wonderful it was, but we will go back without question. It's a steal of a deal! And romantic to boot!

Room Tip: Room 4 and 5 are furthest from the road. Room 4 is a king cottage, I'm not sure about 5. However...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the Cottages in 3 and 7 and both were wonderful. The difference between the two categories seems to be the bathroom.

Everything was first class and no detail, however small, overlooked. The beds are super comfortable and the bathroom floor is heated automatically every time you walk in. The robes are warm but not bulky like so many robes hotels provide. The slippers actually fit my husbands feet - this is the first time this has ever happened and we travel a lot.

Complimentary bottle of wine, excellent coffee, the Continental breakfast basket was something we looked forward to (complete with NYTimes), s'mores (okay, not being huge s'mores fans we only had a burnt marshmallow or two but it's the thought).

We had read all the reviews and made sure to request cottages away from the road , so no train noise. Everyone we interacted with was knowledgable and helpful.

We have lived in SF for years and naturally come to Napa, both on our own, and with visitors. This will become our new place to stay in Napa. The only way it could be more perfect (for us) would be if it was in Yountville but they provide car service to the Yountville restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here for our 10th anniversary and cannot say enough good things about our experience! We loved every minute of it! We would recommend staying here to all of our friends and family!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The cottage was a perfect getaway for my husband and I. The wine, snacks and backpack were a special touch to make it an awesome weekend. We loved it. The location was perfect and being able to get transportation to and from dinner made it even more fun..

New Orleans
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at the Cottages in mid April 2013 and cannot wait to go back. We stayed for two nights, but wish we could have stayed longer. They were so adorably decorated. We loved the complimentary bottle of wine and snacks they left in the room when we checked in. We were hungry from a long day of traveling and they were perfect! We also enjoyed using the firepit in front of the cottage each night and were happy to try out the s'mores kit they left for us. We booked the Cottages Pairings package which (at the time, not sure if it still does) included dinner at ad hoc (amazing) and a wine tasting at Paraduxx. Both of these were incredible and I highly recommend to anyone to visit both while in town. The Bouchon pastries delivered each morning were perfect. We absolutely loved The Cottages and are already planning a trip back with two other couples!

Room Tip: Different cottages have different amenities. The larger "King Cottages" have a separate ja...
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been begging my husband to take me to Napa for years! Finally he said ok and let me plan the whole thing! I was looking for the ultimate romantic experience and found The Cottages of Napa Valley!! Dawn was amazing! She answered all my questions and as I bombarded her with emails she was extremely accommodating and friendly. We drove all the way up to Napa from San Diego. She helped schedule a couples massage when we arrived which is exactly what we needed after the long drive. They helped schedule dinner reservations at the last minute a few nights later and even provided a car service for free!! They dropped us off at the restaurant and picked us up when we were ready, no extra fee!

The cottages is the absolute perfect couples retreat! I can't wait to go back next year! I had high expectations and The Cottages of Napa Valley exceeded them!

-Megan

Room Tip: It is worth spending the extra money on the Romantic King Cottage. At first I wanted to save a few b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Belton, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed for a whole week! We stayed in cabin #2 and our friends stayed in #3. It was our first trip to the area but I can't imagine there is a better place to stay in Napa Valley. The cabins are unique and lovely and the attention to detail that went into them make them an absolute pleasure to stay in for any length of time. The owner Mike is a ball of energy and the staff is extremely helpful and professional. We very much appreciated the free rides to local restaurants for dinner, and we appreciated the ride home even more! The breakfast basket in the morning was amazing, and included something different every day. The location is great for anywhere you might want to go in the valley. We would love to stay there again any time. I can't recommend The Cottages Of Napa Valley highly enough. Awesome!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Hotel Yountville
#5 of 6 in Yountville
SENZA Hotel
SENZA Hotel
#3 of 30 in Napa

Been to The Cottages of Napa Valley? Share your experiences!