“We loved this place for our honeymoon and will return!”

Carneros Resort and Spa
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Napa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Reviewed August 7, 2004

This place is fabulous! If you want to relax, this is where you go! Flat out, this Inn has it going on. My Wife and I arrived on Friday July 23rd. We stayed for one week. The front desk is friendly, helpful and always came through with any request. We never waited or wanted for anything. The cottage was great. The exterior was rustic, which blends in to the surrounding environment. The interior exceeded our expectations. The bed was like a cloud. Definitely the best week of sleep in a long time, great pillows too. The Plasma TV, the fireplace, leather chair, the bar, the bathroom all added to our comfort and enjoyment. We could live here. It's that comfortable. The double french doors open to a big deck w /a flagstone patio. The vineyard view is definiely worth it if you can swing it. Our view of the vineyards and mountains made leaving very hard. The overhead heater keeps you warm in the morning while sipping coffee and warm at night having a glass of wine. The alfresco shower is like a waterfall. It feels great. We liked the relaxed atmosphere of the entire Inn and cottages. You feel relaxed, wandering around the grounds, you realize that some talented people came together and thought to do this. The Infinity pool is beautiful. The view is phenomenal. The vineyards unfold in front of you as you drink your chardonnay, iced tea, bloody mary, whatever...the mountains in the distance top it off. We would sit from 3:00 - 8:00 PM every day, just relaxing by the pool. Really has to be one of the best views in Napa. We spoke w/ Keith the owner one night and he was really great to us. He made us feel welcome and
and appreciated. He is very proud of what he built and it shows. The boon fly cafe is great for all meals, we ate many meals here and the room service is speedy and efficient. Summing up, by staying here, you don't feel pressure to go to Napa or any other place, you can just relax and enjoy all the effort that went into building this beautiful Inn. We will be back next year.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southern California
Reviewed July 20, 2004

I am still daydreaming about my last few nights at the Carneros Inn. It was tough getting back to reality. It was a wonderful 2-year anniversary experience. The cottage was more than I could've imagined. I even asked the Concierge to set up a little romantic candlelight welcoming for us which included some sparkling wine from the Domaine Carneros, candles from the Carneros Spa (which have a citrus smell to them), and rose petals everywhere. They did an excellent job!!! We had dinner on our patio the first night. The food was a little salty though for our taste.

The shower was the best. Those were the longest showers I have ever taken. And both my husband and I took 3 of them a day so we took full advantage, including the one outside. The beds were a little soft for us but all the pillows made up for it.

The pool and jacuzzi are open 24/7 so we went for a late night swim and we had the whole pool to ourselves. Everyone is very friendly and the service is excellent. I would highly recommend staying here and I would definitely come back again.

I do recommend the Rutherford Grill (ribs and prime rib are to die for!!) and Celadon, btw.

The only negative thing was the food. I expected more from this high class inn. It was a little high priced for the quality of food they served. We also had to get new card keys twice too so that was a pain. But that's about all the negatives I can think of!

So have fun and enjoy!! We did!!

2 Thank calady
Gold River, CA
Reviewed July 14, 2004

We stayed mid-week in early June and felt like we were the only ones there. The place has a funky look...cottages. It's a place that would be perfect if on the beach somewhere. The rooms are outstandingly appointed. However, for the money, they should include breakfast and perhaps a wine reception in the afternoon. The rooms lacked only a coffee maker to make it perfect. It's pricey, but if you want a unique, nice, place to stay for a romantic night, this is it. ( Just bring your own coffee machine!)

1 Thank Mikeandcris
Reviewed July 14, 2004

We had the most wonderful experience during our stay at the Carneros Inn. We went up mid-week, after the Fourth of July holiday (we also took advantage of the stay 2 nights, 3rd is free special) and can honestly not say enough good things about our entire experience. The staff is amazingly accomodating, every request was addressed instantly. Austin was especially wonderful, offering the best advice as to which vineyards to visit, and even took our calls while we were on the road to direct us to some of the "local's spots" he had told us about.

The rooms are amazing. The pillows are some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The fireplace (with the instant bags for burning every night), the plasma tv, the heated tile floors in the bathroom, the extra deep soaking tub, the private patio, the double-paned windows (so quiet inside), the relaxing color scheme in the rooms, the fresh green apples in you room every day.....and the SHOWER!!!!! Oh, the outside shower is absolute heaven. We plan on making this an annual trip and stay in the same room each time (no, I won't tell you which one!).

The only negative I can note at this time is the fitness facility. The machines are very nice, water, towels, instructional tapes, and, of course, apples, are made available, it's very private and it was refreshing to grab a mat and work out by yourself on the deck or open the french doors to breath in the fresh air...but it was a very tight squeeze. If there had been more than the two of us in there at one time, it may have gotten a bit too much. I can only assume the location is temporary at this time, until a larger facility is made available. But, I imagine, most folks staying here are not too worried about getting their workouts in, rather than relaxing in their rocking chairs on the front porches of their cottages.

I'm glad we went up mid-week (Tuesday through Saturday). As we were leaving Saturday, I noticed all of the cars rolling in and was glad we had a chance to have the place all to ourselves!!! I am especially elated with the level of privacy associated with the layout of the cottages, and the cottages themselves. I know there were other people there when we were, but we honestly hardly ever saw anyone, which was just wonderful (can you tell I'm a privacy freak?)

Overall, I must rate this experience in my top 3 vacation destinations, if just for the relaxation factor alone.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Norfolk, VA
Reviewed July 6, 2004

We were beyond pleased with this fantastic place. Our cottage had the most comfortable atmosphere and cozy beds we've ever experienced. The shower was literally the BEST shower I've ever been in, with no less than four showerheads and a fifth one outside that rains onto your body under the stars or on a sunny morning. The patio was huge and we invited a couple of friends over for wine and gnosh, who ended up staying the night in the other bed. A huge flatscreen TV on the wall can be adjusted for the entire room to enjoy which was very cool and technologically superior to anywhere else we've stayed. The decor- sort of like a Pottery Barn model-home- was very cool. The service at the hotel was superb. Everyone that works there is nice and understanding, and will go out of their way to make your stay a happy one. Also, the pool is the most beautiful I've ever been to, with spectacular views of the vineyards. The week before we went, Craig Kilborn and actress Amanda Peet had dipped there between Nascar races in Napa. The pool and hot tub are open 24-hours, and late one night under the full moon, the owner of the hotel approached us and offered us towels and drinks. This multi-millionaire entrepeneur with a brand-new hotel being built under his nose took the time to sit down and talk to us, ask us how everything was, where we were from, etc. He said he wanted people to feel like they are staying with wealthy relatives (who were always so fun to visit because their houses were so cool). I was impressed. This place is a true paradise. They had a "buy 2 nights-get one free" special that made the cost of the room very affordable. To tell you the truth, I would pay twice as much to stay here again. You can borrow DVDs at the desk and just spend hours in your room if you want to. The spa is expensive but worthwhile, with a fantastic steam room that infuses rosemary and lemongrass into the steam. The freshness of the hotel pervades every detail, right down to the poolside ice-cold glasses of water steeped in fresh citrus. With the package, this place basically cost the same as the Best Western in Napa. They are obviously trying to get the word out- and I'll be the first to attest that this hotel is truly a fantastic experience and I have absolutely no complaints. The only upsetting experience was when we had to check out and return to reality.

• Stayed July 2004
4 Thank Inshirence
Reviewed May 23, 2004

My husband and I visited in mid-May for two nights. I'm glad we were prepared for the initial views of the property -- it truly looks more like a collection of farm structures than an upscale resort! However, as noted by other visitors, the rooms are fantastic. Despite needing a few opening kinks worked out (out outdoor patio heater did not work but was promplty repaired within 5 minutes), the cottages are great. The beds are comfy and the heated tile floors in the spacious bathroom were a treat, as the weather had turned a bit cold and windy while we were there.

We braved the wind one afternoon to visit the hilltop pool & spa, which offer fabulous views of the carneros region.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Bardessono
Hotel Yountville
#1 of 6 in Yountville
The Westin Verasa Napa
The Meritage Resort and Spa

Been to Carneros Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!