Carneros Resort and Spa
$274
$249
  • Breakfast included
$101
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel(Napa)(Great Value!)
$327
$319
$174
$140
The Meritage Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$307
$269
SENZA Hotel(Napa)(Great Value!)
$369
$380
$349
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Wine Valley Lodge(Napa)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
Orbitz.com
$159
$154
  • Pool
Silverado Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$204
$140
Travelocity
1,432 results
All reviewsoutdoor showerboon flyhilltop poolharvest cottagehilltop restaurantthe cottagesboonfly cafefire pitprivate backyardheat lampheated floorsadult poollounge chairstrailer parkwine countryvineyard viewglass of wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The Carneros Inn is a gorgeous modern farmhouse style resort that has it all. 3 wonderful restaurants onsite... private, spacious rooms that are immaculate and modern... lovely privates yards with your own outdoor shower and/or bath.... great spa... The list goes on and on. This resort is the perfect getaway in Napa with a modern flair. It has great conference facilities for business yet is perfect for a leisure vacation as well.
It was the most romantic place I have ever stayed and I plan to go back again and again and again.

Room Tip: Go Sunday and Monday for best rate
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank KristeninDenver
Reviewed May 22, 2011

stayed here for a couple of days
once you drive up to the main lobby and step out of the car, you immediately feel the warmth and peace of the place
the lobby is very inviting and the cottages even more comfortable
soft bed, eames chair, heated floors int eh bathroom, outdoor shower, wooden deck patio
its so quiet here i love it
the food is even more amazing! the farm has the best roasted chicken hands down in the US basted with butter! yum
service is perfect as well

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marie6613
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I actually think that this hotel is under rated by Trip Advisees and I've NEVER given a perfect rating!
Highlights:
Beautiful breakfast experience both 'in cottage' in your backyard or overlooking the pool and vast views of vineyards over the hillside. We were actually shocked at how much we enjoyed this little spot.
More Tips... Take their bikes out for a spin around the vineyards, Enjoy the rain-style outdoor showers could NOT be eco-friendly but really nice. Enjoy the fitness center - also a really nice surprise, with a relaxing view of the lap pool, Evening: Farm, Cocktails by the fire.

One drawback: The cottages are on the small side, but the large doors that open to the outside make it feel very spacious and comfortable. We were upgraded so our outdoor area was extra large....but the cappuccino machine + coffee makers in the room with fresh milk in the refrigerator completely made up for that!

Room Tip: Booked Amex - Fine Hotels! Great Upgrade!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GoBlue1975
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Whoever designed The Carneros Inn really knows what they are doing. This is a stunning property, with a crisp, modern farmhouse vibe. The Inn is actually a sprawling estate, which consists of individual free-standing cottages throughout. Each is equipped with all that one desires in a country house -- front porch, fireplace, private garden with outdoor shower and loads of charm. What makes these cottages special is that every last detail exudes a modern sophistication, ensuring that the most cosmopolitan city dweller will feel completely at home. The materials used are natural -- stone, brick, wood, with pops of stainless steel- and draw in the natural beauty that surrounds.

There are two main destinations on the property. The town square which includes the stunning and delicious FARM restaurant, a gourmet market, business center, and a recreation area which includes pools, gym, and great yoga classes. It get's better. The crown jewel of the property is it's hilltop retreat, an awe-inspiring farmhouse with views of the hills, a lovely terrace with outdoor dining, and a pool which is delicately nestled into the hilltop, surrounded by grass and stone. It is truly an image which is reminiscent of something under the Tuscan sun. Just add chirping birds, a light breeze, and a chilled glass of local wine. There is no better place to enjoy all that Napa has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrena11
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I am organising a girls' trip to Napa Valley with six of my girlfriends to celebrate an upcoming wedding. We are staying at a different hotel in Napa, but were told to go to the spa at Carneros Inn. One of us called the spa to clarify some discrepencies in treatment prices between the website and the treatment menu (of course the more expensive price was correct), but she was given the email address of the spa coordinator for us to contact and organise our spa day with. I emailed a few times with the coordinator, booked dinner for that evening at a restaurant at the hotel, and planned to have lunch at the Carneros as well. Once all of our treatments had been decided on, the coordinator emailed me and told me that due to a miscommunication, she was no longer able to book us into the spa as we were not guests of the hotel. I emailed her back and told her I was surprised that this was an issue at all, and especially after we'd been communicating for some time. I also said I didn't understand why the manager would not want to accommodate our group of seven ladies who were flying over 12 hours to travel to Napa in the first place, and were spending $1,800 on treatments plus lunch and dinner at their hotel. She emailed me back letting me know that she had spoken with her manager and the hotel manager, and they told her that if we could guarantee we'd spend $2,500 on spa treatments, products and clothing then we could indeed book, but we would not be allowed access to the hilltop pool due to our not being guests of the hotel. We felt that we were being nickel and dimed only to be shoved in a corner of the spa, and certainly weren't made to feel welcome. We cancelled our spa day at Carneros, needless to say.

We then contacted the Solage Spa in Calistoga, who are more than happy to book our group's spa day. They have asked us to pay a $25.00 per person surcharge as we are not guests at their hotel, which we thought to be more than reasonable.

The only positive thing I can say about Carneros is that the spa coordinator I was dealing with by email, Megan, was great to deal with. She was incredibly apologetic without pointing fingers at anyone else. She did everything she could to allow us to book, and was always gracious.

I don't understand how this spa can be rated so well and yet provide such terrible customer service, from their incorrect treatment prices on their websites to their bizarre rules about who can book and who cannot.

• Stayed: May 2011