“Great Course”

Chardonnay Golf Club
Ranked #6 of 27 Outdoor Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: With 27 holes of championship golf to challenge players of all skill levels, our Lakes, Meadows, and Vineyard Courses represent the premier golf destination in Northern California, the Greater San Francisco Bay Area and the Napa Valley.
new rochelle
233 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 198 helpful votes
“Great Course”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was our favorite course in Napa. The course is set throughout the vineyard--lots of great views! Just be careful not to set your ball down among the rows of grapes!
The course itself is fun to play--not too difficult or too tricky

San Antnio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Golf in the vineyards”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great course near Napa nestled in the vineyards. We enjoyed it. They say they maintain strict watch to keep play moving but no intervention was needed. No waiting on tees and no one hitting up because of the time allowed between starts. The course was long for me so I decided to play for the forward tees. Five tee options allow for all handicaps to enjoy. The clubhouse it great with a good selections of clothing and equipment. Dinning room superb. If you're not sure if you'll like a wine, they are happy to offer a sample. Nice touch. Both my husband and I enjoyed this course. If you are a senior, ask for the discount, it makes for a very affordable round at a very nice course!

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Chardonnay Golf Club”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I play over 100 rounds/year.
Booked for 3 seniors. Decent price.

Driving Range: Disappointing! The balls are as old as the club. At least 10/15 year old balls. Hard as rocks. The hitting area was not groomed.

Putting Area: Very good, except it did not reflect the putting surfaces on the 18 greens! The greens were super slow and not true. Had been punched, so may not reflect normal greens. The course winds through vineyards (considered to be lateral hazards). Fairways are wide and generous typical of resort courses.

Fairways, greens and tees not well maintained; reflective of the rest of the course. Fairways had weeds and flowers growing with patches of brown ground. The rough was patchy. The bunkers were hard and granular. The snack bar was closed, the food from the cart was below average, not bad, just not good. The tees are named for wine bottle sizes, Sovereign (black), Imperial (purple or blue), Double Magnum (green) and Bottle (gold), but some cart signs have signs for tee boxes as Black, Blue, Green and Gold; not misleading but yet another sign of low maintenance.

Staff was friendly throught; pro shop, cart guys, cart lady, end of round guys.

The potential is huge! The course is in an excellent setting. We played in early April when no grapes growing in the vineyards. Can just imagine how terrific the course could be during harvest. Unfortunately, it is apparent the owners are not spending what it would take to realize the potential.

The 18 holes are divided into 6 each of par 3s, 4s and 5s, atypical but not unusual. Cart paths are not maintained and signage is missing. The holes themselves are pretty interesting but again this is lost in the lack of course conditioning. Some greens are huge, either long or wide. Many holes should be spectacular. Nice elevation changes. Highway adjacent to some holes but not distracting.

Could be a high end resort course but it is not.

Would want to play again if course conditioning improves a lot.

As is the rating should be 2 star, but the potential made me raise it to 3 star. Has the potential to be 4 star easily.

San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful but awful customer service”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

First off let me say that this is a really nice course. The setting is beautiful and the course is challenging. However we had one bad interaction after another with the staff. The twerp at the front desk was totally rude when we wanted to add a person to make a foursome. After checking his computer he told us that he could accommodate us at another time than the booked tee time... Totally understandable. However then ensued a very awkward conversation of me asking when that would be, as we were willing to leave and come back, and home refusing to tell me. He told me to just wait and he would call me. Pretty much the worst choice of methods to deal with the situation. Then we rented a club set for my visiting friend and the driver head was not attached firmly. I asked Barry if he could tighten it and he told me, why don't you go to the club house to get it tightened. Really! How about you A) take it to the clubhouse B) swap it for a good one and fix it later C) check the equipment before you rent it dork. After all I did not get the bag from you as a favor, I did pay for it. At the call box on #9 we had to call like eight times to get anyone to pick up and ordered four Swiss cheese burgers. We picked them up to eat on the go and found out later they all had cheddar which I can't eat so I starved the rest of the day. The only really pleasant and on top of it employee was Diana on the drink cart. She was great. At the end another ridiculous interaction with the cart attendants. Stupid and unnecessary. Who trains this staff? I live in napa and have played all the courses here. Won't be back to Chardonnay. The other experiences are so much better. Even Kennedy park the public course is better than this. Really Chardonnay, you can't do better than the county employees?

Vacaville, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

One of the best golf courses in Napa Valley (which is filled with them...) not as pretentious as Silverado Country Club or as casual as Chimney Rock, its a nice quiet time in the Valley.

Visited May 2012