“You get what you pay for here”
Review of Motel 6 Napa

Motel 6 Napa
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Was shopping for a nice affordable hotel to basically just sleep at after a long day at a music festival. Room was small, but clean. Hardwood floors were a nice surprise. Bed linens were worn and outdated and the bathroom had absolutely ZERO toiletries. (We had to ask for a bar of soap from the from desk.) The pool and surrounding patio area were nice and quite roomy, and the parking lot was well lit. Overall, it was exactly what we expected - nothing more, nothing less.

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from the maids closet!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 19, 2013

When I came back from my function at 9:00 pm; there were 8 men standing on the balcony drinking beer, smoking cigarettes and cigars 1 room down from my non-smoking room, plus playing salsa music loud enough for the whole side of the complex to hear.Their after-work party lasted until 11:30pm.
I think the Noise problem has been on-going because there are signs in the lobby about "loud Partying will not be tolerated"; however such actions were totally ignored by the staff.
The room was clean, very small, and very noisy. The clean was good, except what it smelled totally of bleach. The room was small, didn't have a microwave or coffee; laminate instead of carpet. The bed was hard as a rock, pillow like a brick.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were only stopping through napa for 2 nights and we like to explore so we did not plan to spend alot of time in our room. We decided to book the motel 6 as it was only $65 a night, the next closest price to that was $150+!!!

Check in was fast and friendly and the rooms were VERY small, but clean and quiet. The beds were what u would expect for a motel 6. Overall, it is a good value, and you get what u pay for, no frills, just a place to sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Location and price is good actually if you wanna come to Napa valley with limited budget. Room cleanliness is not so good. Service is average but acceptable if consider the price. There are plenty of Parking lots in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is about the only hotel in area that is under $100/night. The room wasn't very clean and was extremely small. No breakfast. The wifi didn't work in our room.

The noisy people above us partied until 3 a.m.

Renovation is taking place so it may improve in the future.

It is within walking distance of a shopping area.

Room Tip: Upstairs room might be more quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank donlan40
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had booked this Motel for my Marathon. Had booked 2 rooms and requested a microwave in one of them. I had called 2 times to make sure my request would be honored, I was assured it was done.
We reach the Motel at 8:30 pm, the frontdesk guy , Martin tells us, both the rooms have a microwave, we were happy. When we got to the room, there was none. I called Martin and he had no clue what was going on, I requested he help us get atleast one, we had to leave at 4 am the next morning for the race ans we need to have breakfast before we leave. This Motel had no coffee maker, no microwave in the room, neither were they willing to let us have coffe from their reception since it was too early. Martin calls me back saying he cannot do anything. We request he let us use the one at frontdesk, to which he was totally opposed saying they will be someone at the desk but thedoor will be locked, we open only at 6 am. My friend went down to the frontdesk to have a chat with him, and the manager if possible. All this while the manager, Maggi was in the adjoining room but never bothered to come out and talk to us. When my friend started talking to Martin, Maggi came out stomping and said, if you want to leave I can refund your money and you can stay someplace else. Now, at 9:30pm she very knew we had no option!
The room was equally bad, the sheets smelled so strong of beach I got a headache and I suspect there we bedbugs, I could feel the bites. All in all no sleep.
Hopeless Motel, terrible management.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sonali D
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Motel 6 has now taken over the former Napa Valley Redwood Inn. They have done some exterior work like new signs and fresh paint. It looks newer. Check-in was okay, the employee wasn't very friendly but wasn't rude either.

The interior also looked updated. Everything was very clean. No bath tubs though, only showers. The beds were pretty stiff.

It was the cheapest choice at $99 a night. My wife and I wouldn't stay there again, but you get what you pay for, so no complaints. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple