“Top hotel with great staff”

Milliken Creek Inn and Spa
Ranked #10 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This hotel far exceeded our expectations, the location is amazing, balcony overlooking the river at the back, the room was amazing - large and great bed and bath with jacuzzi, free sodas for the stay, wine and cheese tasting every evening. A turndown service with a difference - they lit approx 20 tea lights in the room and left chocolates on the side for us!
Probably the best part was the service, from pre booking they kept in touch and before we where due they sent a welcome email, when we arrived the staff succeed in creating a family type of feel and cannot do enough for you. They gave us lots of recommendations for where to go, our balloon trip got cancelled due to weather and they rang around and got us on with a different company the next day etc etc! Best service I have had for a while. Only thing you could wish for is that they did snacks in the evening as they only provide breakfast (which is amazing btw)If you want somewhere as a treat choose here, but leave some time to spend in your room as you may want to say in it a while!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Dear olivespencer,

We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent experience with us at Milliken Creek Inn and Spa. It is always a pleasure to be at your service throughout each phase of your stay, and we appreciate all of your wonderful compliments on our exceptional level of customer service. We are pleased to hear that our special turndown service made a difference, as it is our goal to impress each of our guests. Again, thank you for the excellent ratings and review on our Napa hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Napa Valley area.

Best Regards,
Connie Gore, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Milliken Creek Inn and Spa

Reviewed September 8, 2010

The website for this resort looked as if it was set in lots of land, well back from the road, with idyllic breakfast on any part of resort.

In reality, the inn was situated on a very busy main road, and traffic could be heard from every location including bedroom, tiny lounge, garden.

Impossible to not hear each and every vehicle whilst in bed.

The grounds were very small indeed, though quite pretty. The website implies the resort is in three acres. I live in two and this resort is half to a third the size of my land, so their three acres must include totally unusable land.

Breakfast is served in basket because their is no breakfast room nor anywhere at all to eat apart from one low table in the very small lounge or outside. The weather was really hot whilst we were there but it was still too cold to eat on either of the two iron tables outside.

There is a wine tasting daily, but in reality this consists of a rep. from a local winery offering a small sip of each wine from a bottle they hold just in case you take too much.

There is a bit of cheese on the table but again hardly anywhere to sit to enjoy the wine/cheese.

To reiterate, the website is totally misleading. We travelled from the UK and this resort was just not worth the journey. There are tons and tons of beautiful small hotels or larger resorts in much better locations and I would certainly give this one a wide berth!

Avoid room 3 which has bath in the room as room is too small to construct a proper bathroom, the toilet is so small, you have to squeeze round the sink to sit on the loo!
Very noisy air conditioning unit and again, very loud traffic noise! Room 4 not much better.

Book this hotel at your peril!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Marsha123
eCommerceCoordinator, General Manager at Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Dear Marsha123,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting the U.S. and Napa Valley, and for completing the review on our property. We are extremely disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay, as this is not indicative of the typical experience at our property. Please accept our sincere apologies from the entire staff at Milliken Creek Inn & Spa. We appreciate all of your comments and suggestions, and take them very seriously. Again, thank you for your valued feedback.

Connie Gore, General Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I have to say, this was the greatest place I have EVER stayed. My husband and I wondered the cost of "living there". :) It was very hard to leave. I am not one for bed & breakfast, so I would not call Milliken Creek that. I found it a lot more private, as a boutique hotel. There's almost a sense of staying in a home due to the beauty of the accomodations and grounds, but you cannot hear anyone in other rooms and you are not forced to mingle with others, as you are in a bed & breakfast. The location is perfect. You are right in the middle of any vinyard you could ever want to tour. The beds are HEAVENLY. The breakfast is delicious- try the homemade belgian waffle! The staff goes above and beyond. The rooms are HUGE, especially the bathrooms. Our couples massage was so relaxing. We loved it!! I'm recommending it to anyone that I know doing a wine country trip in the future!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a glorious first (but not last) visit to Milliken. After a chance meeting with their charming General Manager Connie at a recent event, we decided to check into a last minute getaway which she graciously arranged. Milliken is a very special property. The grounds are spectacular, offering a natural beauty and serenity that is hard to find in this area, the rooms cozy and charming, turn down service on the second night included glowing candles and a great jazz mix playing. Couples massage on Saturday morning was one of the best we've experienced with not only talented and wonderful spa staff but champagne and strawberries waiting for us afterwards. I know there were other people there because the parking lot was full but one the magical things about this place was that we felt we were the only ones staying at Milliken! Breakfast was quite delicious, delivered in a lovely basket each morning which we took out to the main patio, complimentary water and sodas were a nice touch, comfy robes and Connie also arranged a beautiful bouquet from my husband as a surprise when we returned from our spa treatment. Bathroom was large and lovely, complete with deep soaking tub - last BUT SO not least....the bed was incredibly comfortable. We have finally found a home away from home here in wine country. Milliken will be a top choice next time we need to get away for a relaxing and beautiful weekend. Don't be discouraged by the location, driving home from Yountville after dinner was not an issue. Also just up the road from Krupp Wineries, who originally introduced us to Connie. If you have a chance, stay at Milliken, this place is a gem. We'll be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I love this place, the rooms are huge and the design is so sensitive to creating "that feeling" the lighting is amazing, in fact I've never been to a hotel with better lighting. Each evening our room was turned down and we were greeted with candles everywhere. Breakfast is brought to wherever you want. THE BEDS were SO comfortable. I loved the tub. We planned on one night and stayed three that's how much we liked it!

The most surprising thing was NO TIPPING. We tried to tip and they told us they are a no tipping property. It actually makes a huge difference because the price you are quoted (plus taxes and fees) is what you pay. All the water (voss) is free too in the room. Breakfast is also included.

It was a peaceful, beautiful place with the best vibe. We were there during the week so the room rate was less expensive. Admittingly it's not for the people who want to order room service in the middle of the night, but if your out to explore napa and have a SUPER ROMANTIC NIGHT then it's perfect. There is cheese and wine every evening, plenty of restaurants in the area etc.

I would definitely go back, especially for anyone looking to have a sexy getaway.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We made the mistake of only spending one night here....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I had a business meeting offsite. I was trying to find something small where we could take over the entire place. I could not find anything just right but Connie was so great over the phone I could not resist giving Milliken Creek a try and it is the best business decision I have ever made.

There were so many beautiful places at the Inn that we felt like we had the place to ourselves. We were catered to and taken care of so well I will absolutely think of this place when I don't have to focus on work. The creek running by and all the water fountains were a wonderful distraction at the end of a busy day. Each room was special and unique all the details were done with care.

When I am ready for a real vacation this is the first place I am going to look. Breakfast was as gourmet as they promised. Each person catered to us and cared about all the details...right down to the nice direction cards to various wineries around town. Everyone was generous with their time and attention.

I am not a nice person...I have traveled the world and had the best service and am very demanding...Milliken Creek Inn and Spa competes with my Top 3 places to go in the world. Worth every penny and then some. Support these good people, they do it right and deserve the best of the best.

My only regret: not taking in the SPA services.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Bardessono
Bardessono
#3 of 6 in Yountville
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Milliken Creek Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!