Let me start with the negative: My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay in the Napa area where we stayed 2 nights at Kenwood and 3 nights at Milliken. I'm not sure if Kenwood truely spoiled us, but Milliken was not at all what I expected. I booked a "luxury" room with a balcony months in advance. I saw all the lovely rooms on their website and was really looking forward to our stay. Our room was in the main building and did have a balcony overlooking the Napa River, however, our balcony also overlooked the main patio/deck just below which made for very little privacy. Our room was OK and the bed very comfy, but the room was very small (I felt like I was sleeping in someone's rennovated attic room). The bathroom was SO TINY, only one person at a time could fit (we are not big people). Think cruise ship TINY. Seriously, this was ridiculous...If I were drying my hair, my husband could NOT fit in to wash his hands...again, we are NOT BIG PEOPLE! Around 6:00 a.m. every day the noise from the main stairs woke us up (the house is old and the stairs really creak)! Next morning, we discussed our issues with the inn and were told that is a luxury room, which we paid for, and the other rooms, which are outside the main building, are considerably more expensive (with taxes and the service fee, we paid close to $500/night). We were assured our room was always in great demand due to the wonderful view (which it does have). The grounds are extremely small. There is no bar, restaurant, pool, or hottub. There is a $10 fee to use a local gym-which I felt should have been complimentary.
On a positive note: The staff was very friendly. They were very polite and always seemed to help with directions or recommendations. The inn does a small complimentary wine tasting in the evenings starting at 6:00 featuring a local winery with a nice cheese/cracker spread. The breakfasts are good and you can enjoy them anywhere on the grounds. They are delivered in a cute basket. We chose to eat on our balcony each morning. The beds were very comfy and the spa products in the bathroom were great. The location is good for visiting wineries, just hop on Silverado Trail, and you are there. When it's turndown time, housekeeper lights candles and has soft music playing upon arrival back to room.
In my opinion, I should not have had to choose between a nice room or a nice view. Perhaps these issues are only with the main house rooms, but for the price, I believe there are much nicer properties in the area. If you choose this inn, my advice, is be certain you know in advance which room you are actually booking. The website does not show all the rooms (and does a GREAT job at making the property look much larger than it actually is). I would advise paying more money and staying in the rooms outside the main building. They seemed to be larger and offer more privacy. But if you are going to pay more money...check into other properties that offer more amenities. While we are NOT high maintenance people, I just don't feel Milliken delivered. When you price yourself into $500/night bracket, guests expect a higher level of EVERYTHING. If you don't mind the longer drive into Napa/Yountville/St. Helena, check out Kenwood Inn-WOW!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, an elegant Napa hotel in California's esteemed wine country. Hidden away on three verdant acres overlooking the idyllic Napa River, discover a place unlike any other Napa hotel.Here you will encounter five-star luxury that emphasizes thoroughly sophisticated service and style in a tranquil, intimate ambiance.In this superb Napa Valley setting, simply sumptuous accommodations are bathed in serene colors and accented with an exotic flair. Thoughtful touches invite pampering and romance, such as flickering fireplaces, canopy beds with the finest linens, rain showers and oversized hydrotherapy tubs outfitted with green tea bath salts and votive candles. Combining the best signature service of larger Napa hotels with a very exclusive and intimate ambiance. This luxury Napa hotel offers 12 exclusive and very private suites, each with a unique style of its own unlike other Napa Valley hotels.Ease into your day with a gourmet breakfast served wherever you wish, from the privacy of your room to al fresco on the Waterfall Terrace. At day's end, unwind at the Magic Hour, our complimentary wine and cheese reception, where you can meet local vintners, chat with our staff members and share stories with other guests.Envelop your senses in pure bliss at our stunning Milliken Creek Spa, where healing, natural elements unite with holistic, therapeutic treatments. Treat yourself to a restorative aromatherapy massage and a revitalizing facial in this private spa that caters exclusively to our guests.Do as little or as much as you would like. Wander the lush grounds, relax in Adirondack chairs, or take it all in from your private deck. Venture forth and explore everything from the scenic Silverado Trail to the area's incomparable wineries, world-renowned restaurants, intriguing shops, plus endless events and activities. Milliken Creek Inn & Spa is a Boutique Napa Valley hotel paired with world-class service. We look forward to pampering you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Milliken Creek Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milliken Creek Hotel Napa
- Milliken Creek Inn And Spa Napa, Napa Valley, CA