“Perfect for One”

Milliken Creek Inn and Spa
Ranked #12 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Celebrating my 65th with a few days to myself in Napa and I was looking for something small and comfortable with upscale amenities such as a spa and wine tastings. I found exactly what I wanted in Milliken Creek. I had a delightful room (#3) with a large balcony overlooking the "creek" (actually the Napa River). I wish I had brought binoculars for the bird activity and to watch the tidal changes. The ample and delicious breakfast delivered to my room when I chose the time, the choice of newspapers, early coffee, afternoon iced tea, the cookie jar, the "magic hour" wine and cheese tastings, the port in front of the fireplace, the large selection of DVDs were all reasons for my enjoyment. The grapeseed exfoliation and massage with CJ was one of the finest spa experiences I've had. David, the manager, was helpful in setting up my wine tasting bike tour and welcoming from the first minute on the telephone to the final goodbye.Any qualms about traveling solo were unnecessary. I will return, next time maybe I'll bring my husband!.

Room Tip: Request creekside, the inn is very close to the road.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Milliken Creek property was beautiful and all of the staff was very helpful. We were however extremely disappointed in our room. We stayed in room 4 which after touring the grounds was the most inferior room on the property. When we arrived, we immediately noted that Milliken Creek is very close to the road and asked for a room that did not face the road and were told there were none available. The room was small, viewed the parking lot, had road noise and most significantly, the mattress had a huge depression on one side and was extremely uncomfortable. After the first night, we asked that the mattress be turned and were told it would be. However, when we returned to our room that evening, the mattress had not been turned. When we inquired at the desk, we were told that a mattress pad was added which had no impact on the comfort of the bed. When you are paying top dollar, you expect a comfortable bed and not to face a parking lot. The room aside, the breakfast was delicious, we enjoyed the evening wine tastings, the property was beautiful and the staff were extremely kind and helpful. As we walked around the property, we could see how nice other rooms were and the wonderful views and balconies (not sure if the beds had issues). I think our experience may have been very different if we were not in room 4.

The only way I would recommend Milliken Creek is if the guest called ahead and was adamant that they did not room 4. Even then, I can't speak to the condition of the mattresses in other rooms.My husband planned this getaway for us and really wanted it to be special. The room unfortunately was a big disappointment. He called Milliken Creek several times before our arrival for help with dinner plans and wine tours. At no point did anyone ask me about room preference or explain the options. It was frustrating also because we were told if we checked in about 30 minutes earlier, we could have had a room on the creek side. In summary, room 4 needs a new mattress and should be significantly less expensive than other rooms due to the drawback of road noise and no view.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 4 - it faces a parking lot and has road noise. Insist on a creek side room wi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne Z
FourSistersInnsInc, Manager at Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your correspondence. I remember your visit and appreciate your kind comments regarding the wonderful staff and beautiful property. However, as the Manager of a prestigious and luxury establishment that prides itself on providing unparalleled service, comfort and hospitality, I take any feedback regarding a guest’s disappointment in their stay extremely seriously.

Although each of our Milliken guestrooms is equal in its appointments and amenities, unfortunately, not every room is afforded a river view and I sincerely apologize that this was not made clear when you booked through a third party reservation provider such as Expedia.

Our mattresses are regularly replaced to maintain the highest level of comfort and my staff made every effort to rectify the situation by turning the mattress and replacing the topper with a brand new one, which we hoped would make the difference, so I am sorry that we missed the mark.

I trust that you have received our mailed apology letter and incentives offered therein that will hopefully ensure we can earn back your trust and welcome you back to Milliken Creek Inn & Spa.

Warmly,
David Jessup
General Manager, Milliken Creek Inn & Spa

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The other five-star reviews tell it exactly like it is. Just a perfect place. While close to downtown Napa, you would never know it when at the inn. The feel is that you are somewhere far away, at a cozy place along a lovely river.

The rooms really are cozy and inviting, spotlessly clean, well maintained, and totally comfortable.

We recommend this place 100%.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Definitely stay here.
We booked Milliken Creek Inn based on other Tripadvisor reviews and they were all spot on! We loved it.
As all have mentioned, the grounds are lovely and the rooms are stylish, super cozy and romantic. The Inn runs as a very intimate B&B. The in-room breakfast is yummy and we really enjoyed just relaxing around the grounds.
I highly recommend room #12. It feels like a private cottage as it is away from the other rooms. The room is large and romantic with a kitchenette, an in-room bath tub, balcony and fire place. The only down side is that the spa is above the room, so if you are a light sleeper in the morning, you might hear someone overhead walking around. An inconvenience, but we still loved the room!
The location was also super easy and convenient. It was well situated near Napa town and the wineries.
A wonderful experience!

Room Tip: We loved room 12.
2  Thank KG_Travel_Bug
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our second wonderful experience at the charming Milliken Creek Inn! What a location. You'd never guess that it's right off a busy road... Once inside, the grounds are beautiful. Wonderfully landscaped and right on the river, there are many beautiful, tranquil spots to relax. Fountains set the ambiance (and also completely mask any sounds from the outside world), and the plants are exquisite.
The rooms was perfect, with a very comfy bed, a balcony, a huge bathtub (in addition to full bath with shower), working gas fireplace, and a small table for the delicious hot breakfast we ordered, which came with the room. The service was just right--warm and cordial, but no one the staff was overly chatty. We enjoyed the privacy and quiet of a very romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Room 7 where we stayed last year, and Room 8 (this time) were upper rooms with balconies, large bath...
1  Thank Bruce L
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My girlfriend & I came to celebrate her 50th Birthday. From the moment we walked in, until the day we left, we were treated amazing! When we returned that 1st evening after dinner, they had set up a nice surprise for my friends birthday (champagne, choc. Strawberries & even a card), which was so thoughtful. Upon arrival, they had also upgraded our room to the Luxury Room & it was beautiful! This place was just beautiful in every way, the property, accommodations, the staff and their hot breakfast was delicious! I highly recommand this Inn!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We came to Napa for our anniversary to spend a night and go to dinner at one of the top Yountville restaurants. So we wanted a special place to stay to fit the occasion. Milliken turned out to be an excellent choice. This is a very nice property that is well maintained and managed. The staff couldn't be more helpful, nicer and available. The rooms are outstanding with fireplace, large bathtub, balcony overlooking the creek, etc. We have stayed at Meadowood and the Auberge, which are also great, but value for money, comfort, coziness, quality of rooms and ease of stay for a night, Milliken is a winner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor (better view of the creek) on the South side of the property.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
SENZA Hotel
#3 of 30 in Napa
The Meritage Resort and Spa
The Cottages of Napa Valley

Been to Milliken Creek Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!