We are just back from celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. After a few nights in deluxe accommodations in a ritzy San Francisco hotel, we weren't sure what to expect of the Milliken Creek Inn -- especially given the road its on. But once we entered the property and saw our room, all concerns about the accommodations faded away. We were greeted by a warm and friendly member of the staff who showed us to our room (Room 10), which was gorgeous. It was inviting and tastefully decorated, with french doors leading out to a patio with umbrella-ed table and chairs, and a view of the beautiful creek and fountain. We found every amenity in the room one would expect from a high-end property: high quality bed linens, thick towels, robes and slippers, good quality toiletries, flat-panel TV with DirecTV and DVD player, etc. The room was spacious with two sitting areas, double sinks, a large shower and hydro-therapy tub (which looked enticing but we didn't use it).
Although staff changed from shift to shift during our 4 night stay, each one was friendly, knowledgable and eager to please (without being annoying or pushy). Restaurant recommendations we received were spot-on for what we wanted. When they forgot a wake-up call, we found a gift and hand-written note awaiting our return, apologizing for the error (which turned out to be no big deal, and they never again forgot the wake-up call!). Breakfast each morning was beautifully presented and punctually delivered to our back patio (at our request), and though the menu options were somewhat limited, we didn't suffer to find something to eat. We didn't make much of the "Magic Hour" but saw the wine and cheese presented on a few nights and it looked very appealing. Neither did we take advantage of the port wine offerings for a night cap, but the option was there. Turn-down service, scheduled at our convenience, was especially nice, lighting the room with candles and jazz music -- nice touches.
We did treat ourselves to massages at the spa which was a serene and calming experience. The massages, though pricey, were very good. One comment here remarked that despite the "no tipping" policy (which was refreshing), gratuities certainly were expected for the spa services -- which were already a bit pricey. I agree with that assessment. Other than that, it was a good experience at the spa, which is only open to guests of the Inn.
All in all, we found our stay at Milliken Creek Inn to be wonderful. The room accommodations were luxurious and high-end, while maintaining a sense of low-key relaxation and serenity. The staff were pleasant and accommodating. The grounds are beautiful and we found the resort to be a reasonable distance to most wineries and restaurants on our itinerary, and just 5 minutes from downtown Napa which was also convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, an elegant Napa hotel in California's esteemed wine country. Hidden away on three verdant acres overlooking the idyllic Napa River, discover a place unlike any other Napa hotel.Here you will encounter five-star luxury that emphasizes thoroughly sophisticated service and style in a tranquil, intimate ambiance.In this superb Napa Valley setting, simply sumptuous accommodations are bathed in serene colors and accented with an exotic flair. Thoughtful touches invite pampering and romance, such as flickering fireplaces, canopy beds with the finest linens, rain showers and oversized hydrotherapy tubs outfitted with green tea bath salts and votive candles. Combining the best signature service of larger Napa hotels with a very exclusive and intimate ambiance. This luxury Napa hotel offers 12 exclusive and very private suites, each with a unique style of its own unlike other Napa Valley hotels.Ease into your day with a gourmet breakfast served wherever you wish, from the privacy of your room to al fresco on the Waterfall Terrace. At day's end, unwind at the Magic Hour, our complimentary wine and cheese reception, where you can meet local vintners, chat with our staff members and share stories with other guests.Envelop your senses in pure bliss at our stunning Milliken Creek Spa, where healing, natural elements unite with holistic, therapeutic treatments. Treat yourself to a restorative aromatherapy massage and a revitalizing facial in this private spa that caters exclusively to our guests.Do as little or as much as you would like. Wander the lush grounds, relax in Adirondack chairs, or take it all in from your private deck. Venture forth and explore everything from the scenic Silverado Trail to the area's incomparable wineries, world-renowned restaurants, intriguing shops, plus endless events and activities. Milliken Creek Inn & Spa is a Boutique Napa Valley hotel paired with world-class service. We look forward to pampering you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Milliken Creek Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milliken Creek Hotel Napa
- Milliken Creek Inn And Spa Napa, Napa Valley, CA