“A Perfect Time in Wine Country”

A Limo Excursion & Wine Tours
Concord, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Perfect Time in Wine Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I had gone wine tasting a few times before but it always involved one of us not being able to indulge since one of us had to drive. One of our friends had highly recommended A Limo Excursion so we decided to find out just how different wine tasting would be if we had a driver. We soon found out that Brian and Cinnamon are SOOO MUCH MORE than just drivers! They made the difference between having a good experience and having an AMAZING experience!

We had booked A Limo Excursion for two days. Brian picked us up for our first day. We popped a bottle of champagne in the car by 10:15 and headed out to the first winery. What a way to start the day! We had Brian select the wineries for us since we wanted to try something new from the usual commercial wineries. He not only selected the wineries but he set up the wine tasting appointments as well. The whole process was seamless! We were really impressed!

He took us to Jarvis Winery, Del Dotto Wine Caves and Tasting Room, and Palmaz Winery. And then he took us to Angele's for a lunch in charming downtown Napa.

Cinnamon picked us up the following day. We also had her select the wineries and set the appointments. She took us to Bell Winery where she was definitely welcomed as if she were family which in turn meant we were as well. We felt as if we were given the full VIP treatment! We continued onto Hill Family Estate in Yountville, had a beautiful picnic lunch at V. Sattui, and finished at Raymond Winery in St. Helena.

We absolutely LOVED every minute of our time with Brian and Cinnamon. Even though they made us feel comfortable as if we were family visiting for the weekend, they were always professional. The black Escalade was spacious and immaculate and the drivers selected the perfect mix of wineries for us to see. I might not have decided which winery I liked best yet because they were all wonderful, but I do know which tour company to choose for the next time we go wine tasting :)

1 Thank ohlilkitty

Aurora, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Most Fun Day with Miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I were in San Francisco for business and took a wine country tour with Miles who gave us exactly what we wanted in a tour. The winerys were great and since we wanted outdoor places, he took us to all the perfect places. Miles was a real treat as he kept us on our toes with trivia and different factoids which we never knew. It was an awesome day and if you want a tour with the personal touch, ask for Miles. Thanks bud!

1 Thank Scott H
Benicia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Let me just start by saying how professional & personal our driver Atiba Murphy was. He was A+ in my book! From the moment you start your tour, whether you have an itenarary or not, Atiba will adjust to whatever your needs are! He knows all the fun places to go where you are treated like family. The cars are first class, music rocks.. anything you need, they are there for you. Atiba Murphy can make your experience in the valley one to remember! If you want a fun, lighthearted atmosphere, he can hook you up!
Thank you again!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Corrie C
Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Best Day of our Trip was in Napa with A Limo Excursion and Wine Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We just returned from a great long weekend, our first time in California, but definitely not our last. I looked for a private wine tour since my husband and I aren't ones to follow crowds. The day was perfect weather, mid-high 60's a little warmer than where we were staying in San Francisco. Having come from bitter cold in Canada, we pinched ourselves at our good fortune.

I actually called 3 or 4 of the private tours, but Bryan was very prompt at answering my on line inquiry and quoting us a very fair price for a full day of fun in Napa.

Atiba was right on time, picked us up at the Argonaut Hotel in San Francisco, in a very clean well stocked Escalade. I loved this vehicle for the luxury and the views, you just see more when you sit a little higher. Our driver was friendly, knowledgable and so agreeable to any whim we desired. We got to our first stop a little early, so rather than sitting in a parking lot, Atiba suggested a little boutique winery across the way where we dropped in for an inpromtu tasting. Trentadue was a great find, thank you Atiba, The hostess was very accommodating and interesting, and we bought 2 bottles!

We wanted to see the big wineries, we went to the amazingly wonderful Francis Ford Coppola, where the winery is more like a Felini film than a winery, a wonderful pool with cabannas for swimming in the summer, an outdoor stage from GodFather 2, The Tucker car, The GodFather desk, all the wonderful memorabilia from the movies, including his Oscars, and some decent tastings. My husband being a huge fan of Coppola was very excited to see everything. Our favourite spot was the panaramic view at the outdoor seating area of Rustic, where we had a delicious lunch, (don't miss Mrs. Scorsese's Lemon chicken. It's to die for :) We washed everything down with Archimedes, one of the Coppola reserve wines and it was a perfect afternoon.

Time was moving on and we had two more wineries to visit. This time we drove from Coppola about 40 minutes to Castello Amorosa through the Pettrified Forest area of the Napa Valley. It really is a very pretty and picturesque drive. Atiba said it was his first drive through the area and he quite enjoyed it as well. Castello Amorosa is something you can only only find in a fairy tale, like the Princess Bride. it would be a perfect movie set, but it was so much better than a movie set, it was the real deal. An amazing attention to detail, beautiful court yards, a chapel, a great hall, even sheep, and emus' and beautiful flowers and a moat all lived here. But even better were the tastings. We had 6 tastings here and the wines, were first rate. And Yes, we bought a muscat and a cabernet savagnion here. I think this would be a perfect spot for a corporate event or a wedding if they allow it. Atiba took care of all our purchases as if they were his own, and we appreciated the opportunity to relax.

Our final stop was Robert Mondavi the grandad of wine makers in Napa. This was a beautiful classic winery and we took a great tour here which we arranged in advance on line. The Mission style winery is what a lot of wine companies look to when they see a model for excellence. The sheer volume of production is staggering. Take a look at the barrel room to get a sense of the scale. Even other wineries come to Mondavi to do their bottling and labeling. The production is that good.

Although we were still full from the great lunch at Rustic (portions were huge) we wanted to try Bouchon (french for cork) a beautiful Bistro in the very pretty Yountville. Although it was a great place, the mushroom soup and the bread heavenly (their bakery next door is sinful) both hubby and I were just too full from the day to really enjoy it to it's fullest. We'll have to come back!

At the end of a long day both of us sleepy, Atiba got us home safely in record time.
We highly recommend A Limo Excursion and Wine Tour for a great trip to Napa.

4 Thank AndieCanada
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Professional and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The whole purpose of booking a limo for a trip through the wine country is to enjoy yourself, be safe and have a great time all while seeing the wineries you enjoy. Brian and his staff have clean, safe limos that rock with the best music and best sites. Have your itinerary ready but let Brian and staff take you off the beaten path to a few of the lesser known wineries. You'll be glad you did. I'll be back next year and I will book with Brian. His knowledge of the valley is thorough, his service is well worth the money.

Visited February 2014