We spent one night here and then one night in Calistoga. It was good to have one night closer to Napa downtown to see what that was like, but downtown Napa is the most southern portion of Napa Valley and not closest to all wineries, but we did save a bit of money by staying here one night, going to the more southern places, then heading up North to Calistoga. Yountville looked awesome, and more like what I imagined Napa to be, but was a little more expensive if you have that to consider - there is a four sisters inn there too that is slightly more affordable than others. If I go back, I'm trying Yountville.
Blackbird Inn itself was in a great area for us for the one night to try out downtown and had easy access to lunch and dinner and not far from the more southern wineries - we went up to rutherford on first day. It's also close to downtown tasting rooms and wine train in town.
We stayed in room 3 - right next to checkin area and back door entrance, but the room was pretty big and bed was set back enough so that it was not too noisy. (It was a little noisy when our upstairs neighbors came in later that night, but they just seemed like loud people slamming doors, wearing heels and such). It was really nice to have our own back terrace/deck. We were able to leave and enter from that back deck, so we barely needed to go into main areas, so it felt pretty private. We were also able to get take breakfast from the buffet style in the morning and enjoy on our patio as well, which was nice. Most of the private deck on this room was surrounded by landscaping to keep it private, but my only *minor* complaints is that there was a small section near the exit that could use some higher landscaping, because there was a small little spot that had visibility to a part of a next door parking lot. Most of the time it was fine and no one was around, but during breakfast some guy was just out in the parking lot next door smoking and chatting with a coworker or something, so that was a little annoying. It wasn't that he was too near us, or creeping, but still visible through the side angle, and I hate smoke. Other notes - TV is very small, but we didn't really use it, shower is enormous, no full length mirrors and it also would've been nice to have some throw blankets to have outside on the chillier mornings. Otherwise, great stay!
Also - we ate at Gott's for lunch, good burger and Fish Story for dinner, pretty good food there too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in historic downtown Napa, Blackbird Inn offers the intimacy of a vintage hideaway, yet is an easy walk to many shops and restaurants. With its spacious front porch, huge stone fireplace and liberal use of fine woods, Blackbird Inn creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blackbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackbird Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Napa
- Blackbird Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Blackbird Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA