“Comfort and Charm” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1801 First Luxury Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
1801 First Luxury Inn
Ranked #3 of 23 Napa B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Comfort and Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

I love to stay at bed and breakfast when I travel. I am not crazy about turist traps. I rather get out and explore the local scene. At the same time I am concerned about compromising quality and luxury when I travel. This place was everything and much more than I expected. We were greeted by Kali whose suggestions of what to do on our first day there were great. We were never disapointed with any of the suggestions. The owners Carrie and Blair were great hosts and very helpful getting reservations and suggesting activities. The House was beautiful and the rooms very comfortable. Our room was in the cottage with a small patio and fully loaded kumquat tree. Yummm! The house is located in the heart of Napa and at walking distance to downtown and its restaurants. My favorite were the 5:30 wine socials in the patio, where we met the other guests and enjoyed a great glass of wine and some cheese. Breakfast was served by Carrie, the owner, who took the time to get aquanted with us and our interests. I could never return to Napa and not stay at 1801First.

Room Tip: all the rooms are wonderful but the cottage rooms tend to be more private
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1801First, Manager at 1801 First Luxury Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hi Babydoc77,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about our stay! We're constantly out visiting new wineries (it's tough work!) to make sure we have the best recommendations for you so we love hearing that we helped you find some new favorites.

Best,
Kali, Felice, Carrie & Blair

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Went to 1801 First for a mother- daughter getaway to Napa and Sonoma. Found the listing on Jetsetter and read reviews all of which said great things about the Bed and BReakfast, and we definitely were not disappointed. As soon as we walked in the door, the ambiance was inviting and upscale with breakfast tables shining in the m sunlight and tea, coffee and cookies out in the evenings. There is also a wine and cheese hour at 530 which sampled local wines and cheeses and was outside on the patio. A great time to relax and talk with the other guests and get suggestions on sites to see and places to eat. The room was very large for normal B&B with a fireplace, large flat screen, sitting area and huge bathroom with large soaking tub and stand alone shower. The staff was so friendly and knowledgable about the area - from the best place to get a mani pedi, to setting up wine tours and tastings and always having recs for dinner, we could not have asked for anything better. The location was within walking distance of many downtown restaurants and shops, but if you want to go all the way to main street, a 4 min drive is worth it as opposed to trekking it in heels. Every morning there is a unique breakfast menu and scones that were melt in your mouth delicious. If I had to make one criticism it would be the water pressure in the shower could have been stronger. Besides that it was AMAZING. Definitely recommend for romantic getaway (honeymooners where there as well), girls weekend, or any other relaxing time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1801First, Owner at 1801 First Luxury Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Sharon B,
Thank you for the thoughtful review! We love when mothers and daughters plan a little getaway with us! It means so much to spend that special quality time with our moms. We hope you enjoyed your biking expeditions throughout our city but also had a relaxing time just unwinding and strolling along downtown. And we are so glad you were pleased with the restaurants and wine tours we had selected for you!
Thank you for mentioning our extensive breakfast menu. We really try to cater to everyone's taste when it comes to our delicacies. And I agree....the scones are delicious!
Living in Californina, there are unfortunate water pressure regulations that we must follow. Because of the strict concern of a drought, our state limits the water pressure for all businesses and residences. But thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Sharon and Elaine, we loved having you stay with us! We hope you can visit our Inn again and share more special times together as mother and daughter!

Take Care,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights while touring Napa. We got to know Carrie, one of the owners, and Kali and Felice, during our stay. All of them took the time to get to know us while still respecting our privacy. They were extremely helpful in making reservations and providing suggestions for restaurants, wineries, and tours. The fresh made breakfasts each morning were absolutely delicious, as was the coffee (we are big coffee drinkers)! They were especially accommodating to my vegetarian diet. We stayed in the cottage in the back and loved our room, right by the garden. The nightly wine and cheese hour was delicious, the perfect way to wind down after touring wineries all day, and also allowed us to chat with our fellow B&B-mates. We truly enjoyed our stay at 1801 First and have already discussed returning there with friends. Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cottage separate from the main house, which we loved.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Shira F,

Thank you for the lovely review; It sounds like you really enjoyed each aspect of your stay and that couldn't make us happier! In particular, I loved your note about feeling at home yet having personal space. We so enjoy getting to know all of our guests but respect that you are here for an intimate getaway - and we're glad to hear that you loved yours.

Until next time,
Wilton Manors, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted with a smile, the rooms were clean, the nights sleep restful and peaceful, breakfast was beyond what I expected! The owners were so sincerely pleasant, they truly want you to have the best vacation. They had helpful hints on what to see and where to eat. What a charming location that you can walk to restaurants and shops from. Loved the backyard wine social every evening. The decor and style of the inn was very well done. Cookies and coffee always available. Perfect place to unwind and enjoy a glass of wine.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
To Toby B,
Thank you for posting your review of our little Inn! We are so happy that all of you enjoyed your vacation with us! And thank you so much for complimenting our service and housekeeping. We always try to give every guest the best quality of service and hospitality. And we hope we exceeded your expectations! I had fun conversing with you and your friends at breakfast. Discussing about eateries and wineries always puts me in a great mood!
Our wine hours can be very entertaining. We love when our guests like to make the hour a social gathering and spend time talking with the other travelers. And the wine and assortment of cheese doesn't hurt either!
Subtle details can sometimes be the finishing touch to any establishment. Thank you for noticing our attention to detail and style of decor.
We hope you can join us again and have a fun and relaxed getaway with us soon!

Cheers,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

My experience at 1801 first was simply superb. Excellent service, wonderfully appointed rooms, warm and beautiful patio, sumptuous breakfast and most helpful owners & staff. My friends and I had a wonderful time and look forward to coming back to visit someday!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Zain M,

It was a delight to have you and your group join us and I'm so happy that you all enjoyed yourselves. We're already looking forward to next time!

All the best,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

First, we are not the B&B kind of couple due to bad experiences in the past but 1801 First changed our minds! Our original plan was only to stay 1 night but after we greeted by Kali and shown our room, my husband booked 1 more night, then we ended up staying a total of 4 nights. When we got to our room there were hand rolled truffles and note waiting for us! The room was very tastefully decorated and very comfortable as is the whole house. The charm of an 100 year old Victorian style home is a beautiful sight. Carrie and Blair, the owners, were there daily. Carrie served us breakfast 2 of the 4 days and Felice the other 2. Each morning the magicians in the kitchen, Richard and/or Gregory, prepared a lovely breakfast. My husband has a tree nut allergy and they took great care to make sure his food didn't come in contact with tree nuts. Their croissants,muffins and scones were amazing! Kali, Felice and Carrie were so knowledgable when it came to suggesting wineries, tours and restaurants. They were more than willing to set up any appointments and reservations. Felice even printed out maps, gave us a tasting voucher for 2 and packed us cookies to go. The wine hour each evening in the garden patio was always great. We would socialize with other people at the inn and bonded with a few of them. Every night when we returned to our room Luisa and Maria had cleaned our room and had it looking beautiful with the next mornings menu on our bed. Everyone who works so hard at 1801 is truly amazing. Carrie told us that they would package and ship our wine home if we hadn't made any arrangements. On the day of check out we left 1801 First with a hug from Carrie. This was more than just a Bed & Breakfast, it was a remarkable experience. If I could rate beyond excellent I would. These people deserve more than an excellent. Now, if I could have figured out how to ship kumquats from their tree home...... :)Thank you Blair and Carrie ( Owners of the "Tookie House"), Kali and Felice ( The Amazing Concierge), Richard and Gregory ( The Magicians in the Kitchen) and Luisa and Maria ( The Wonderful Housekeepers)

We look forward to being able to stay with you again in the future.

Heather and Josh Rubin

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1801First, Owner at 1801 First Luxury Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
To Heather R,
Wow! Thank you so much for the substantial and well thought out review! At first, you were originally booked for one night. But because you felt so comfortable and had a positive vibe from our Inn, you stayed the whole week! That is such a compliment! And we love it when guests have in instant connection with our other guests and end up having late night talks and social hours during their stay. It makes us truly feel like a "family" Inn. And we enjoyed hearing about your children, wine travels, and...zip lining! Blair and I are going to have to do that some day!

It was so sweet and kind to mention our entire staff. And it was such a clever way of doing it.Blair and I are so fortunate to have them and love to hear others praise them for their hard work. We are truly blessed! We hope you can join us again and just take in what Napa has to offer. And you definitely did just that! Heather and Josh, you were such a pleasure and we are thrilled you loved your vacation! For all of us at 1801, we look forward too seeing you again and all the best to you and your family! :)

Take Care,
Memphis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

This review is way over due...but better late than never! My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary in November 2013, and I could not more highly recommend the 1801 First Luxury Inn. This trip was a lot of firsts for us - first anniversary, first trip to San Francisco, first time in Napa, and first time staying at an inn. I never thought I would be a B&B/inn kind of traveler....but this place has changed my mind for certain. I loved every moment of our three night stay. Highlights: 1) The staff is amazing - two of our mornings there we were waited on by the couple who owns the inn. They are so kind and accommodating. The other staff members are just as great. We loved spending our breakfast time or afternoon wine & cheese hour chatting with them about the area and receiving excellent recommendations on places to visit in Napa Valley. 2) Our room was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in one of the upstairs rooms - personal fireplace, soaking tub, shower, separate seating area, and a dream of a bed. We had originally booked a downstairs room but received a complimentary upgrade closer to our visit. Talk about service! 3) The food is so good. I’m gluten-intolerant, and they went above and beyond to not just make sure I didn’t get sick, but to make me delicious gluten free muffins and croissants. I’ve never felt so spoiled. The menu is delicious and accommodates a wide range of breakfast preferences. 4) LOCATION!! The inn is in the heart of Napa. There are many great restaurants and wine bars that are within walking distance. My husband and I barely used the car we rented. I fell in love with this inn. I cannot wait to return. You should definitely make this a part of your next trip to Napa. Or use it as a reason to go to NAPA!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachel W,
What a wonderful gesture to write a review after all this time! Thank you so much for thinking of us! We are so glad you enjoyed spending your first wedding anniversary in our little Inn. Breafast and wine hours can be very entertaining not only for our guests, but the staff too! We love hearing guests share stories and experiences about their wine travels with us. And we always are here to help with recommending restaurants and tours whenever guests ask. So we are glad you were happy with the places that we selected.

It's very important to us to take our guests' dietary needs so seriously. Thank you for mentioning your gluten free breakfast in such a positive way. Compliments to the chefs!

Rachel, thank you again for posting your great experience with us! We truly appreciate it. Hope to see you both again for your next anniversary and the years to come! :)

All the best,