“Service is their speciality”
Review of Napa Winery Inn

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Service is their speciality”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I came for the Brian Culberston jazz fest, which was amazing. And they listed this as one of the hotel/inn participating in the block. We came just for the weekend, the room was clean, and decent, it remind be of a best western. What stood out was the desk service very accomodating, with a genuine concern for our well being....I couldn't although say that for the young man who put out the breakfast food on Monday, he seemed to look and act annoyed, unlike the desk crew. My suggestion is for all staff to be onboard with exceptional service, along with the complimentary wine in the evening, and the quaint pool, this could be our annual jazz hotel.....Will see.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear ghumber,
Wow, thank you for the wonderful review.
It always gives me a great big smile when I get a review such as this that tells me the staff is doing their job. I just have to tell you how lucky we are here to have the staff that we do. Most of us have been at this property for many years. We have a report with each other, and can most times finish each other’s sentences. We all think of this as our second home. Our guests come first.
I hope that you will make us your annual jazz hotel we would be proud to have you stay with us every year. Give me a call when you are ready to make your reservations and I will take care of you personally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We only spent one night here, but it was a very pleasant stay and I would not hesitate to go back. The staff are cheerful, the hotel is very clean, the rooms well furnished and the beds are very comfortable. Good Wi-Fi speed.
There is a free wine tasting in the evening.
Nice garden seating and pool area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ally T,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am glad you mentioned the Good WiFi speed. We do have really good WiFi here and it is complimentary which makes it even better.
I love our pool area. It is just nice to come back from a day of wine tasting and sit out by the pool and relax for a bit before dinner, sometimes after dinner on those nice warm evenings. A glass of wine and some good conversation, or perhaps a good book.
I hope you can return soon. Thank you again.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

The reception staff here are the best I have ever encountered. Jeffrey, David and a lovely lady on reception were all exceptional.
The wine hour is fabulous too.

The location is good if you want something out of the city centre but v close to the highway.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Pamela1026
Dear Aucktraveller,
Such a nice review, thank you for posting it.
I am happy to hear that our staff took good care of you during your stay. I cannot tell you how lucky I am to have each and every one of them. They are the best. I can tell you that they were extremely excited to see your review and have their names mentioned.
Thank you again. I hope you can come and visit us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We booked this hotel for 2 nights on the off chance at late notice. We were immediately upgraded into a better room which was huge, very clean with really comfortable beds. Although the hotel was just off the main road which initially we were disappointed about, it more than made up for things with very helpful, friendly service. It also had a small swimming pool which we used at the end of the day and each evening they served complimentary cheese and wine. Its really good value, we would return when again in California.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CatHolt
Dear Carolinesugar,
Great to hear from you. Thank you for posting a review.
Glad to hear that we were able to upgrade your room. We try our best when we are not full to upgrade our guests. It is unfortunate that we cannot do this when we are full, but when we can we are more than happy to do so.
I also love our Complimentary Manager’s Reception in the evening. It is a great time for our guests to relax and wind down after a day of touring the Napa Valley. The hot tub is a wonderful choice to relax as well. I am happy you enjoyed it.
Again, thank you. I hope to see you here again soon.
Chicago
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This may not be the most charming hotel option in Napa ("inn" might be a stretch) but it's an affordable, solid option for families and other visitors looking for a clean, convenient place to headquarter. (Think of a Holiday Inn Express and other mid-level hotels.) The staff is friendly and helpful; a typical but satisfying breakfast buffet is included; and there's a bonus---an outdoor heated pool and nice little hot tub to help you relax and have some fun. We enjoyed our night there and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again when in Napa.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was quiet, despite the hotel's proximity to the highway. My only complain...
2 Thank WorkerbeeChicago
Dear Workerbee Chicago,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Napa Winery Inn.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you can return and stay a few days next time. We will make sure to have flatter pillows to offer you, in fact, we have already purchased some since your review. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Thank you again. I look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed for five nights. Clean, but needs updating. Price was cheaper than embassy suite with free breakfasts and complimentary evening wine/cheese reception. Helpful staff, very friendly. Pet friendly hotel, but they must keep the animals to the ground floor. Never saw one on the elevator, and the hotel did not smell like other pet friendly places I've been before. Great location near the highway. I didn't have a problem with the noise. Maybe in the summer when napa gets crazy crowded. But this was the perfect time of year to visit. I'd go there again. No restaurant on site, but oventi across the parking lot had decent breakfast if you want something more. Fume bistro on the next block(walk) was amazing! Kadi at the front desk was always so helpful.

Green Features: Towels only replaced if you put them on the floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Nurse64pw,

Thank you for posting a review for us.

I was excited to share this review with Kadie. It is neat when our guests mention the staff by name.

I am glad you mentioned Fume Bistro, which is so close to us. They are one of my favorite restaurants in Napa. It is a blessing and a curse for me that they are so close. I guess it is a good thing they have the best steak salad.

We have a great housekeeping staff that has been with us for many years. They really take pride in their work, this is why you cannot tell that we are pet friendly, although we do not allow pets on the second or third floor, and we try to keep our pet guests on the first floor.

Thank you again for your great review. Hope to see you again soon.
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here while celebrating my 65th BD. Our trip included visiting and touring winerys in the Napa area and eating at fabulous places. Location of Inn was perfect, room comfortable and clean, and staff very friendly. Kadie, at the front desk was so pleasant, and offered top rate information. Breakfast was just enough to start our day, and a wine tasting in the early evening was a nice touch before getting ready to go out for dinner.

2 Thank BDgirl65
Dear BDgirl65,

What a nice review, thank you.

I absolutely love hearing great things about our staff. Sharing it with them just makes my day.
It is pure sunshine for them, and for me as a manager there is nothing better. Kadie is going to be so thrilled.

Thanks again. Hope you do not wait too long to come and see us.