“Girls' Getaway”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Girls' Getaway”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The inn was very clean & centrally located for our 3 day Napa getaway. Nothing appeared to be worn out. We enjoyed the nice, hot breakfasts that always included bacon, sausage & eggs. They had complimentary wine tasting every afternoon including Castello di Amorosa. The staff were very helpful & friendly. The pool was not heated so used the hot tub instead. Had to use a white noise sound machine because I could hear the traffic, but I'm a light sleeper. The other 3 women didn't hear it. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Whitewestie98,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay, such a nice one at that.

I was happy to hear that you and your friends had a good experience here at the hotel. I am sure I am bias, but I just love this hotel. I have been here for 21 years, it is like my second home, well not like, it is my second home. Pretty much all of our staff have been here many, many years. We all love it here. We are a work family and we like our guests to feel at home while they are here.

Sorry about the pool being cold. It is solar heated and it does not get really warm until April or so, of course the hot tub is heated, and I am glad you got to enjoy it.

Again, thank you for the review. We really appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Lawrence
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely motel in the heart of a beautiful area. We had a king room which was spacious, bright and very comfortable. The staff is just wonderful. Kadie at the front desk went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed to make our stay pleasant.
Every afternoon the hotel features a wine tasting with a local wine, fruit and cheese. Breakfast is included with your stay too. We will definitely return here in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daytripper055
Dear Daytripper055,
What a review! Thank you.
I was so excited to share this with Kadie and the rest of the staff. Our staff loves when their names get mentioned in Trip Advisor reviews. It is another affirmation that they are doing their job, and making our guests feel comfortable.
The wine pouring is just my favorite time of the day here. I love hearing about our guest’s adventures that day. Watching everyone interact together. I have seen so many new friendships struck at the evening wine pour. It is just a nice time.
Thank you again for your wonderful review. Hope to see you soon.
Chico, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our stay at Napa Winery Inn was great! We arrived for a two day stay. Traveling with us was our very sweet Golden Retriever she travels with us at all times, basically, she is one of the family. When we arrived the ladies at the front desk were courteous and delightful to us but when our dog walked in, they were even nicer! They gave her a welcome bag filled with treats and toys that would make her stay comfortable too.
They provide a delightful wine tasting in the lobby in the evening with good wine and snacks. In the morning, the breakfast is not just a carb laden fare, they provided healthy food perfectly prepared.
We will be back to stay at the Napa Winery Inn!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RitaD,
What a great review. So happy that all of you enjoyed your stay with us.
You are correct, our pet guests are just as important to us as our human ones,
and Annabelle was no exception, she is the sweetest Golden Retriever ever.
I hope to see you here again soon. Thank you again for such a nice review.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We just returned from a lovely weekend at Napa Winery Inn. We stayed with our two children, but my husband and I agree we'd love to come back sometime just the two of us. It had everything we needed. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Our room even had a small kitchenette with a fridge. After a day out and about it was perfect to come back and enjoy the wine tasting reception and a relaxing dip in the pool and Jacuzzi.

The breakfast was great. Definitely over and above and beyond what you find at other hotels that offer a complimentary breakfast. There's also a restaurant/pub right across the parking lot that offers just about anything else you might want.

Most of all, we so impressed with the staff. They were so friendly and accommodating. We were made to feel very much at home throughout our stay. This remained consistent with every staff person we encountered.

Yes, it might be on the less quiet side but it's a fantastic value. It's very convenient to all the winery's. We are looking forward to coming back again soon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Sheila T,

Wow, what a nice review, thank you, thank you.

I am so excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. I love our staff as well. We have all been here for many years, and we all enjoy what we do. We all look at each other like a second family, and I think it makes a big difference in the way we come across to our guests. The hotel is our home away from home, and we want our guests to feel that way too.
It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. Our breakfast is ever evolving. We are always trying to come up with new ideas to add and take away some of the same old stuff. It can sometimes be difficult because people have such different ideas of what makes a good breakfast. I think we have a great selection. We try to have a little something for everyone, and of course it is just nice to eat on real plates, and use real silverware and cloth napkins.

Thank you again for your great review. I hope that you can come and visit us again soon.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We booked a room at the Napa Winery Inn because the exterior looked nice as well as the rooms and the price fit the budget. The exterior and rooms are nice, clean and well-maintained, although the bathrooms are in need of updating, and the doors are hollow and flimsy. The inn is not located in a beautiful woodsy location, as you might infer from the photo. It is next to a busy street which our room faced. We were quite dismayed at the traffic noise. We were told that the noise is less at night and that the fan should drown out the noise. They showed us another room that faced a parking lot on the other side which was empty due to some work that was being done. It was quieter but it still was not possible to leave the window open. By that time my friend was not happy at all. After discussing everything with the general manager, we agreed it was not a good fit. We asked for a refund since we had paid one night (Sat - higher rate!) as a deposit. Long story short, we found other accommodations for the night and ended up getting a credit from the Napa Winery Inn which brought down the rate to a regular weekly rate. (Their cancellation policy is clearly outlined, and we were past the date for getting a full refund. The inn did what it could in charging us only for a weekly rate on the weekend rate. Could we have gotten more had we pressed? I did not want to ruin the start of the vacation with any type of fight).

The staff was very helpful, courteous, accommodating, etc., I think the hotel tries very hard to please its guests, offers a wine tasting every night, but the traffic noise at that location was one big negative for us. Everyone's tolerance for traffic noise and their perception of their tolerance for noise varies, so if traffic noise doesn't bother you, this hotel would be a good fit.

Room Tip: If you have a low tolerance for traffic noise, ask for a room as far away from traffic as possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Swissalpine
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Swissalpine,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel.
I am sorry that you did not find our hotel to be a fit for you, but I appreciate that you gave us a try. I am glad that you found another place that worked for you, and I hope you enjoyed your time in Napa Valley.

Thank you again.
jeanna85
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Great location between the best wineries and downtown Napa. Right in the middle of everything but nothing good is walkable. Wasn't a problem though. The included continental breakfast was good (better on the weekend than weekdays) but we had something different each day there and didn't get tired of it. They are updating the entrance so there was some loud construction during breakfast. I didn't hear anything from our room (on the top floor) but not sure if the ground floor would have. Coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and water in the lobby 24/7 which was wonderful. Hot baked cookies in the afternoon and free wine between 5:30 and 6:30. Rooms are nothing special but do the job. Would stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jeanna85
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Jeanna85,

Thank you for posting such a nice review.

I am glad you enjoyed our location, and that breakfast was to your liking as well. It is just really nice to hear from our guests.

We try to make the hotel as homey as possible, fresh baked cookies each day really help I think. I apologize for the noise during breakfast, we are moving our entrance to the other side of the hotel and they were just finishing up when you were with us.

Thank you again for your review, and for staying with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Puerto Rico
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Great location, Facilities and complementary breakfast. Quiet and affordable place to stay. Clean rooms, good bed and air conditioning. Reserved by Internet and no surprises, staff very courteous and offered directions and recommendations if asked. Catholic church a minute away which we attend. Definitely will recommend everyone. Congrats Napa Valley Winery Inn.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Wow, what a great review. Thank you.

It makes me very happy when our guests are happy. I love hearing about our guests stays. Good and bad, happier when it is good, but we learn from all of them.

I love our location as well. We are really centrally located between downtown Napa, just a bit South and the town of Yountville, just a bit North. Really easy access to the highway. Sonoma is also only about a 20 minute drive as well.

Thank you again for posting such a nice review. It is appreciated.