“Very nice and enjoyable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very nice and enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have been traveling around for the last two weeks, and since we were only staying one night in Napa, the Napa Winery Inn was a perfect location. The ladies at the front desk were so nice and very helpful. They were interested in you being satisfied and made you feel welcome. The breakfast was great. We were able to attend the wine and cheese tasting they have in the evening and it was really nice. The hotel overall was very cozy, and clean. The only downside was that the bathroom in our room didn't seem to be as clean as I would have liked it, (the shower) it was probably just dated and needs some updating. (Room 321) with that being said, I would stay again, and I would recommend you stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Gail L,
Thank you so much for posting a review. It is so wonderful to hear from our guests.
You just made me smile from ear to ear. I am happy to hear you loved our staff as much as I do. I think we have such a great team here and it’s great that they showed this to you.
I am glad you mentioned the wine pouring, our guests are enjoying this in the evening. What a great way to end your day.
I am sorry to hear that the shower was not to your liking. I understand what you mean and I will definitely bring this to my management’s attention. We have been busy upgrading many things at the hotel including; lobby/café, new beds, linens, carpet, complimentary hot breakfast, and the wine pouring to name a few. I will be sure that this is added to our “hit” list for the near future.
Thank you again. It was a pleasure having you with us and hope that you can return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Napa Winery Inn is in a solid location- not far from downtown Napa and its shops, but a close drive to all of the vineyards. The restaurant behind the hotel, Fume, is very good, and a quick short walk from the hotel. Really, you're in a great middle location. Less than 10 minutes to Yountville, about the same to downtown Napa, and you're in the middle of all the best wineries within 15 minutes.

We were upgraded to a king deluxe room with whirlpool tub. The room was nice and large, very spacious, more than big enough with a huge, comfortable bed. The included breakfast isn't bad- scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage with plenty of continental options. The wine happy hour is a nice touch- although our two nights there they did have the same wines.

When we were pricing hotels, this one came in substantially cheaper and was worth the saved money. They also run a great online promo when you book where they'll give you 2-for-1 coupons to 3 or 4 vineyards.

Solid hotel- don't expect spectacular, but a good location for your tasting adventure.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ptgt20,

Wow, thank you so much for the great review.
I think our location is a great spot as well. As you said, very easy access to downtown Napa or up to Yountville and beyond. With Fume Bistro right around the corner you can’t go wrong. It is my favorite restaurant in Napa, not only is it close but you can’t beat the food or service, not to mention the price, very moderate for Napa. So glad you enjoyed it.
Glad you had the chance to try out our complimentary hot breakfast. It is always nice to have a little something in the morning to get you going. I think we do a pretty good job of that. I love that we use real plates, silverware, glasses, and real napkins. It gives breakfast a homier feel. Plastic ware just seems so cold.
Sorry to hear that you had to have the same wine two nights in a row. We do try to mix it up during the week with variety so I don’t know what happened there but thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Again, thank you so much. I hope you can return soon, as there are more renovations on the horizon.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We've been at the John Muir Hotel ( which is now called Napa Winery Inn) more than 15 years ago and we really enjoyed it ... Looking for a 4 nights stay with a couple of our friends, we opted for sure NWI. Yes it changed in 15 years, but the reason we've been there and we are back is the same: quality/ service/ friendly staff and of course location . This hotel is located on road 29. We arrived ealier , around 1h00pm and we were lucky that our rooms were ready .
Check-in with Jeffrey was great - he is such a nice person - very helpful ( actually all of them including the manager Liz are great/helpful) . Our rooms were located on the first floor on Trower avenue- view on the parking lot - didnt' hear anything. Bed was comfortable . We had a fridge.
Breakfast was good - bagels/eggs/bacon/sausages/ muffins. etc.. Having a pool/Jacuzzi was great. We usually used it everyday after our wineries tours and before dinner. Every night , there is a cheese/wine tasting ---Last week was Andretti winery - we only participate once since after our day, we had enough of wines.but a lot of clients seems to appreciate it and the participation was high. There are several restaurants you can go - walking distance and I will named them per preference - Bistro fume ( less than 5 minutes) - Trattoria Il Posto ( maybe 10 min) and Conventi ( next door) . Overall, we enjoyed our stay and hope that it won't take another 15 years to return.

Room Tip: Next time we would asked for a 2nd floor on trowe st, it would be possible to open completely the wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Praline23,
It was great to have you back. I was here when you checked in 15 years ago. I was excited to have a couple of previous John Muir Inn guests stay with us and give us their feedback about the New Napa Winery Inn. It is wonderful to hear that you liked everything. Of course Fume Bistro was not there 15 years ago, I think it was called the Flying Boar back then. Fume Bistro is just as fabulous as can be. Il Posto just opened and they are a great addition to the many Valley Restaurants, and nice that they are both so close.
I think 15 years ago we had a continental breakfast, so I am so happy that you enjoyed the new fare. I really like all the new hot items that have been added. We now have such a bountiful hot complimentary breakfast.
Thank you again for your feedback. It was wonderful.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I just finished two days at the Napa Winery Inn. Very nice property, great room, incredibly helpful staff and in a great location. Close to everything in the winery area. The breakfast was great everyday and the wine and cheese tasting every night was a real treat. We'll stay there again and recommend it to all of our family and friends.

Room Tip: We had a great big room #102. Right by the pool and very private. It even had its own little patio...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear BarryMack,
Thank you so much for posting a review, and so quickly.

We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay. It was great having you stay with us. We can’t wait to have you come back with your group in January.

It is always great to hear that the staff was helpful and accommodating. It really is what we are here for.

I just love our breakfast. It just has a little bit of everything. So glad you enjoyed it.

The wine tasting in the evening is my new favorite. We started out just doing the wine pour on the weekends, but found that it was just such a great success we started having it every night and I am so glad we did. I just love seeing everyone enjoying themselves. It is certainly a great way to wind down after a day touring the valley or in some cases a day of work in the valley. I find that quite a few guests use the wine pouring to sit and plan the next day’s adventure.

Again, thank you for choosing the Napa Winery Inn, see you in January if not sooner.
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife, son and I stayed here on the last night of our most recent visit to the Napa Valley. It was a fitting way to end our time there. The hotel had a friendly, welcoming staff which complemented the clean, modern facility. We have stayed at B&B's and hotels in the valley that cost a lot more, but none had the amenities we sought for such a great price. The Choice company runs this hotel and was offering special rates for weekday stays which were $40 a night less than usual. We wanted a pool and a hot tub for relaxing and unwinding - NWI had both. We also wanted to be near the downtown Napa restaurants - which is only a 5 minute drive away. The room was better than we expected - larger than expected, clean, well appointed, and quiet. The wine reception was really nice with several fine selections to taste along with cheeses, dried fruit and chocolates. Candles on each table enhanced the tasting experience. The pool area, with hot tub, were clean and inviting. My wife and I enjoyed just sitting poolside and soaking up a few rays of California sunshine. The breakfast was well prepared and offered eggs, sausage, various pastries, bagels, cereals, fruits, and a variety of juices. We will definitely stay here again upon our next adventure in wine country.

Room Tip: Request a room on the north side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank allenwilson
Dear AllenWilson,

Thank you for posting a review. We really appreciate it.

I am so glad you mentioned our location. I love our location. We are close to so many things. Downtown like you said is only a 5 minute drive, the wineries begin a short 3-5 minutes from us, Sonoma Square is only a 20 minute drive. We are just a great place to start from and to end your day.

The wine tasting each evening is so much fun for us. We love seeing our guests gathered and talking to one another about their day in the Valley. We have seen so many new friendships sparked while sharing a spot of wine with one another.
I am really excited that you enjoyed the pool area. Next time you come we should have some new cushions and umbrellas that are going to make it even better.

Also, we are adding items to the daily breakfast as well. We try to change things up every now and then so our guests get a lot of variety. I am glad you enjoyed our fare.

Thank you again. I hope you can return soon.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We don't get away much, so when we decided to go to Napa for our 6th wedding anniversary and drop the kiddo's off at Grandma's, I was ecstatic! We booked this hotel because of the proximity to 29 (you can go south or north depending on if you are hitting up the Napa wineries or Sonoma) and the outstanding reviews on Trip Advisor and Hotels.com. I had never had an experience with an Ascend hotel, so I definitely did my research before we checked in. I was confident I would have nothing to worry about, from all of the reviews posted, and I was right! The trip from SFO to this hotel was really easy, a straight shot pretty much. We pulled up and there was plenty of parking which was a huge plus and not right ON the highway, it was on an access road, so a little tucked away, which we liked. When we checked in we met Jeffery. It was so refreshing to walk into a hotel and be greeted by someone who was knowledgeable about the area and happy to help us get around. He was genuine and helpful and SO nice. He remembered us throughout our stay, and said hi every time he saw us. He went over the wineries that were a 'must hit' and gave us some 2 for 1 tasting coupons and he also gave us a great list of recommended restaurants and highlighted the ones that were his and other guests favorites. I can't say enough about Jeffery. He was great! That's part of what made our experience here great along with a few other things. Next, the breakfast. The breakfast was actually really good! It was the same every morning, but it wasn't like those powdery eggs, flimsy bacon and hard sausage, no, the eggs were folded like omelettes with cheese in the middle, the bacon was crispy and the sausage wasn't too salty or to hard. There are also options for cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, etc...coffee wasn't bad either! Next, the rooms, the rooms were great. Not too flashy, not dingy, they were clean and the beds were comfortable. We had this little table nook in the corner of the room where we'd plan our next day of winery visits each night. It was great! Bathrooms were clean and they gave makeup wipes...I love those! Last, but not least, was the wine tasting at 5:30 every night..EVERY night. We loved this and the girl who hosted the wine tastings was super nice and knowledgeable about what she was pouring. I can't say enough about the staff here. They were all really great! There are also 2 restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We only tried one, Fume, which was amazing. Make a reservation, it gets crowded. I would definitely book your stay here. Decent prices, great staff and great amenities!

Room Tip: If you are a couple, try and book a room with ONE bed, we booked a little last minute and only got t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Newlywed0825
Dear Newlywed0825,

All I can say is WOW, what a great review. Thank you so much.
It is always great to hear that our staff is doing their job. We all love Jeffrey. He is just absolutely one of our best. The nice thing about the Napa Winery Inn is that all of our staff have been with us for years. I feel like we all click. We all have the Guests stay comes first no matter what attitude that is often hard to find at a property. From the welcome to the thank you for staying with us and all the way In between we want our guests stay to be as perfect as possible, and we want our guests to return. I am so happy to hear that you will be among our return guests. There is nothing better than seeing a previous guest walk through the door on a return stay.
I just want to say thank you again for all of your wonderful comments. We look forward to having you with us again soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We got stuck in SF beginning of July due to the plane crash at SFO, our flight was rescheduled for 2 days later so we decided to rent a car and drive to Napa. Without doing any research we asked around in down town Napa for a hotel and were recommended to check Napa Winery Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary tasting was a big plus considering the stressful situation. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, the pool and hot tub that close at 11- nice addition, breakfast was OK (since I try to avoid animal products my choices were limited). The only thing I did not like is the super loud AC, nonetheless I would come again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear OlaS,

Your review was just so nice. Thank you.

I am so glad that you decided to rent a car and come to Napa and found us. We were very happy to have you with us.

I wish we had known in advance of your food preferences. We certainly would have tried to accommodate any requests. In fact the next time you come to the hotel, give us a call and I will note on your reservation to have extra fruits on hand besides our normal bananas and apples. We often have repeat guests that have certain dietary restrictions and we are happy to have a few different things available for them.

I was concerned more about the mention of the loud AC. I just want you to know that we have gone through renovations this past year and we are in the process of going through the rooms and replacing old AC Units. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Again, thank you for the great review. I hope to see you again soon.