“Very enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Binghamton, New York
“Very enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The complementary breakfast was very good. My daughter enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We did not get to experience the free daily wine tasting. Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear JLT30,

It is good to hear from you. Thank you for reviewing us.

I am happy you found your room clean and the beds comfortable. We just added the new beds last July when we became the Napa Winery Inn.

Our hot breakfast is somewhat new as well. We started doing the complimentary hot breakfast last September. It is just really nice to see all of our guests having a nice breakfast in our newly remodeled lobby / café, chatting with one another, and enjoying themselves.

I love our pool area. It has a quaint feel. It’s great your daughter was able to take advantage of it.

I am sorry you did not get to partake in the complimentary wine tasting. Hopefully you can come back soon and relax some more and try out the wine tasting.

Thank you again, I just loved hearing about your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very good location, reasonable price, very friendly staff. Will stay here again when in the Napa area. Check in was quick and friendly. Inn is tucked in off a busy street which makes it a little difficult to spot but makes it a quiet place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear WilliamM,

Thank you for posting a review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, but the best part is that you received value for your dollar.

It is sometimes hard to know where to stay, especially in the Napa Valley where rooms can get a little pricey. We do our best here to try and give all of our guests the value they are looking for. I am so appreciative of my team that they succeeded for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, it is appreciated.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This wonderful staff saved our trip when we felt stranded due to sub-standard accommodations at another place. Not only got us a pet-friendly room with 2 beds, they also gave us a gift bag for our dogs filled with toys, treats etc. Our room was excellent, great service here, and I must say the nicest breakfast setup with hot and cold cereal, toast of any kind, fresh cooked eggs and bacon or sausage, coffee and tea available throughout the day and the nicest friendliest staff you could ask for! Liz and her manager came to our rescue on day 1 and Allison was always a delight to talk to in the wee hours of the morning. Thank you Napa Winery Inn! We will be back! BTW-They are centrally located and it was so easy to get to everywhere wi no hassles!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janet G
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Janet G,

Wow, what a great review. Thank you!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We were just happy to do whatever was in our power to turn your day around when you first got here. We just loved all of the dogs. Glad you liked the pet gift bag. We really like our pets to feel just as welcome as our humans.

I will of course pass on all of your comments to our staff. I just love hearing what a great team they are. I appreciate you saying so. I love coming to work; it’s like coming to my second family. It just feels homey, and that is what we try and convey to our guests.

I hope that all of you can return again soon. Take care.
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We arrived late at night; our host voiced that he had "been watching" for us to arrive. He asked questions about our reasons for traveling in that area, and then printed out information about the wineries we wished to visit. The place was very clean, beds very comfortable, and we ate a delicious breakfast at tables set with cloth napkins. I would be delighted to stay there again, and to recommend it to my best friends.

Room Tip: If something specific matters to you, I got the impression that all you had to do was ask this staff...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank M L
Dear ML,

We are delighted with your review. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We really want our guests to feel welcome and comfortable staying with us, I am glad the desk clerk was watching for you, and was able to give you the information you needed to make your stay a memorable one.

We will continue to make improvements to enhance our guest’s experience. We can’t wait for you to return and see them.

Thank you again for your review. It is greatly appreciated.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I chose to spend our first trip to Napa at the Napa Winery Inn and we weren't disappointed. All of the other things the reviews have said is true. The staff is genuinely lovely and helpful. The rooms have nice proportions and the bed is super comfortable. It was great to have a variety of restaurants within walking distance for dinner as we were in no condition to drive after a day of tasting! We also definitely enjoyed the evening tasting. My one complaint has to do with pets, I think it's great when hotels allow pets as it is always sad to leave them home alone. However, I was really upset to see guests bring their dogs into the breakfast area. I think it's inappropriate and inconsiderate to the other guests to have an animal in a food service area. Especially given that people may have severe allergies or simply be uncomfortable around them. One of the guests was having trouble getting her animal to be still and while there were several staff members in the vicinity not one suggested that she return the dog to her room while she ate. I admit I found this appalling and spent the remainder of my breakfast hoping that her animal wouldn't come snatch the bacon off my plate. It wasn't fair to me or the other guests and the staff should have intervened.

2 Thank WaltzingWorld
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear WaltzingWorld,

Thank you for posting a review. It was very nice.

I am grateful to you for bringing to our attention that
there was a dog in the breakfast area. I have gone over this
with our staff since your visit and we revised our pet policy
to include that unless it is a service animal pets are not
allowed in the Lobby Cafe while food is being served. I
apologize that it was not addressed by our staff at that time.

I am happy that you did enjoy your stay and hope that
you can return soon.
RVC, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I required a hasty exit from the Calistoga Spa Resort as we were looking for a quiet place to stay and the resort was overrun by loud, noisy kids. We located the Napa Winery Inn and found them to be truly accommodating. Friendly is their middle name. The room was clean. The entire hotel looked immaculate. The daily breakfasts were excellent. The staff was just excellent. If you are looking for a clean, friendly hotel, this is the place for you. We would definitely stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear AnnH,

Thank you, what a wonderful review.

We were just so happy to have you stay with us. It is nice to know that our staff is doing their job and making our guests feel welcome. I am sorry that you had to move hotels, but I am very glad you chose us.

I believe we have one of the best Housekeeping Staff around. Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness. Often times we forget how much work goes into keeping the hotel clean. They do a great job and I will be sure and share your review with them.

Thanks again for the great review. Hope to see you soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Overall:
This is a nice looking and well located hotel. Choice Hotel brands can be dodgy sometimes, but this one is a real gem for the brand. The location near the city of Napa makes it convenient to most wineries in the Napa valley and Sonoma County. The staff are nice, there is plenty of parking and free wine in the evening. The ONLY down side to this hotel is the lack of a fitness center.

Property:
Nice looking property and in good order. The carpets were clean and everything was well kept. It is clearly a older property, but everything is updated and kept well. Plenty of shaded parking is available and there are two restaurants beside the hotel (one shares the parking lot). Both restaurants are good, Fume was pricier and more upscale, but both are tasty and reasonably priced, for Napa anyway.

Lobby:
Nice entry area with two desk positions and a breakfast area with a flat screen TV. This is also where the evening wine tasting is served.

Room:
We had a room facing north, so not on the street (facing the parking lot). The room had the standard flat screen TV, desk/table and chairs, bed, and bathroom. It was tastefully decorated and nice. The AC was cold and worked well.

Internet:
Free wifi is available throughout the hotel. The speed was fine for casual browsing. There is also a PC in the lobby that can be used for browsing and printing.

Dining:
The breakfast was good, typical hotel fare. Eggs (boiled and scrambled), bacon, bagels, cereal, etc. The real star was the free wine and cheese tasting in the evening. The pours were generous and the cheese was good. Other hotels seem to push sales of the wines or visits to the winery, but this one does not do that. They always had a red and white available and will not hesitate to open a new bottle if needed.

Staff:
Staff at this property are great, very friendly and helpful.

Location:
Near the city of Napa and close to all the wineries in the Napa Valley and not far from Sonoma. Overall we found the location easy to get in and out of and perfect. If/when we return I believe this will be our fist choice.

3 Thank Stephen Y
Dear TampaSteve,

I must say this is one of the best reviews. Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thorough review. It is greatly appreciated. I loved the photos.

I have been at this property for 21 years, and I have never been more proud to work here than I have in the past year. The renovations and upgrades that have been put into this little “Gem” have been great. From the new beds, bedding, linen, flat screen televisions, carpet, brand new lobby. The new Lobby Café where our complimentary hot breakfast is served each morning and where our complimentary wine tasting is each evening, with new hardwood floors. The great thing is that when we finish one improvement, we continue on to more improvements. Continually changing and evolving to help our guests have a wonderful experience while they are visiting us. That is why it is so nice that you posted your review. We love to hear that it is working, that our staff is friendly and welcoming; our rooms are clean and shiny. We share all of our reviews with our staff daily. Good and not so good. This is how we know what works and what does not work.

Thank you again. Hope to see you again soon.