This is a nice looking and well located hotel. Choice Hotel brands can be dodgy sometimes, but this one is a real gem for the brand. The location near the city of Napa makes it convenient to most wineries in the Napa valley and Sonoma County. The staff are nice, there is plenty of parking and free wine in the evening. The ONLY down side to this hotel is the lack of a fitness center.
Nice looking property and in good order. The carpets were clean and everything was well kept. It is clearly a older property, but everything is updated and kept well. Plenty of shaded parking is available and there are two restaurants beside the hotel (one shares the parking lot). Both restaurants are good, Fume was pricier and more upscale, but both are tasty and reasonably priced, for Napa anyway.
Nice entry area with two desk positions and a breakfast area with a flat screen TV. This is also where the evening wine tasting is served.
We had a room facing north, so not on the street (facing the parking lot). The room had the standard flat screen TV, desk/table and chairs, bed, and bathroom. It was tastefully decorated and nice. The AC was cold and worked well.
Free wifi is available throughout the hotel. The speed was fine for casual browsing. There is also a PC in the lobby that can be used for browsing and printing.
The breakfast was good, typical hotel fare. Eggs (boiled and scrambled), bacon, bagels, cereal, etc. The real star was the free wine and cheese tasting in the evening. The pours were generous and the cheese was good. Other hotels seem to push sales of the wines or visits to the winery, but this one does not do that. They always had a red and white available and will not hesitate to open a new bottle if needed.
Staff at this property are great, very friendly and helpful.
Near the city of Napa and close to all the wineries in the Napa Valley and not far from Sonoma. Overall we found the location easy to get in and out of and perfect. If/when we return I believe this will be our fist choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of the wine country, the Napa Winery Inn offers convenience to Napa Valley’s favorite wineries, restaurants, and attractions. The casual, boutique atmosphere of the Napa Winery Inn provides the perfect base for a relaxed and enjoyable visit to Napa Valley. Napa Winery Inn is less than ten minutes from both downtown Napa and from the town of Yountville. A daily hot breakfast buffet, wi-fi, and an evening manager's wine tasting are all complimentary. Oventi Restaurant is adjacent and Fume Bistro is within walking distance. Pets are also welcome in this pet-friendly hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Napa Winery Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Muir Inn Of Napa Hotel Napa
- John Muir Hotel
- John Muir Napa
- Napa Winery Inn Napa Valley, CA