New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saratoga, NY
“Friendly and Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was a reasonably priced hotel with all of the standard amenities in addition to a hot breakfast in the morning and wine tasting in the evening. The best part, though, was that the people were so very friendly and helpful. I really felt welcome. The only thing I would do differently would be to pack less. With the outlet mall two exits away, I could have bought everything I needed for my trip. The hotel is right on the highway, which might make it noisy, but also makes it convenient to anywhere. I personally didn't notice the highway noise from the parking lot side of the building. There was free parking, too. An added bonus was that it was dog friendly. I didn't have a dog, but seeing them there made me happy.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear KelinSaratoga,

What a great review, thank you so much for posting it.

I am glad that you did not notice the noise from the highway. I have been at this property for 20 years and I can honestly say that I have never really noticed the highway. I believe the reason this is, is because we are placed far enough away and our rooms do not face the highway.

It is great that you enjoyed seeing that we are dog friendly. We do love our pets here. They make us happy too.

We are conveniently located close to the outlet mall, and other shopping as well. We seem to have a little bit of everything close by, a convenience store, Target, Starbucks, Restaurants, etc.

I am happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcome. We try to do our best to make everyone feel at home here.

Thank you again. I hope you can visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Houston, Texas, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean quiet room. Staff very helpful in giving recommendations of local attractions. Wine tasting in lobby was a nice perk. Very close to local attractions. Will stay again during next visit to the area.

Dear Stan H,

We are so thankful for your review. It is greatly appreciated.

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay; this is always great to hear.

I will definitely pass on your comments to all of the staff. They will be happy to hear them.

One of the most important things I think that guests look for is a clean comfortable room, and a nice friendly staff. It is great to know that you found this here.

Thank you again for posting a review. Hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Saint Albans, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very clean well run hotel. Rooms a bit larger than normal. Which was nice.
Good breakfast. Super staff.
Wine tastings every evening.
About 2-3 miles to downtown Napa.
But in a good location to access Yountville, the winery's and other attraction,
without having to drive through downtown Napa.

Dear Janet H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast, and also had time to enjoy the complimentary wine tasting in the evening. It is a nice way to relax after a day of visiting local wineries.

It is nice to hear that you think we are in a nice location. I think we are too. We are really situated in a great spot. We are in between downtown Napa and Yountville, with a short, quick drive or taxi ride to either. Calistoga is really only 26 miles from us so it is really only about 30-35 minutes from one end of the valley to the other. Sometimes on a map it looks further but it is just a quick jaunt.

Thank you again. Hope to see you here again soon.
Pleasanton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

On April 10 I syed one night for a business trip. I was so impressed, I came back the following week for a three night stay. The room was immaculate and everything refreshed daily. The staff was friendly and courteous. They go out of their way to assist one. We were seeking directions and were given a map with clear instructions from the desk person. The evening person got a vase for me to preserve some roses I had been given by a friend. The breakfasts were healthy and quite adequate. There was an evening wine tasting that was a class act. We even visited some of the wineries that had been on the tasting list. I plan on returning to the hotel as soon as my schedule allows as the Napa area is a delightful place to visit and this hotel is in a great location. The top quality staff make it an great place to return

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Joni1945,

What a great review. So happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you!

As hospitality professionals we gauge everything by our guests. Our standards are set by our guests. It is awesome when we get these reviews and can see that we are meeting and very often exceeding our guest’s expectations. So again thank you.

When you are ready to come back again, give me a call and I will set it up for you.

Thank you so much. Hope to hear from you soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice hotel, with a great staff. Decent breakfast included, and the 15% off weekday rate is a bargain. Well located, with a terrific restaurant (Fume) with walking distance, 475 ft!

Something smeared on the underside of the iron got on my shirt (luckily I'd begun with the underside of the collar so I could still wear it), and the manager offered to run out to Brooks Brothers to replace it for me. Now that's great customer service!

Dear Jeff W.,

Thank you for your review, it was very nice of you and much appreciated.

It is nice that you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the 15% off mid-week rate offer.

Often times it can be hit and miss when it comes to restaurants, but luckily here in the Napa Valley there are many, many great restaurants and the Fume Bistro is actually one of my absolute favorites. Great service, great food, it is so great that you felt the same way.

I would like to apologize for the iron and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Hope to see you soon and thank you again.
Ione, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Napa Winery Inn has a lovely staff; clean, well-appointed rooms; and full breakfast service. The four star ratings reflect what I consider to be nice accommodations at a reasonable price. It is conveniently situated in the southern part of the Napa Valley. My husband and I were in Napa to ride in a charity bicycle ride and the starting line was less than half a mile from the hotel. It was a perfect location for us.

Dear AvidTraveler 1946,

Wow, what an awesome review. Thank you for posting it.

I am excited that you loved our staff. I love them too. Most of the front desk and housekeeping staff have been with us for years. They really enjoy what they do, they take pride in their work, and it shows. I just read something today that kind of hits the spot with our staff; “the secret of success is making your vocation your vacation”. You have to like what you do.

I think our location is perfect for most everyone, whether you are here for a day or ten days.
Since we are centrally located between downtown Napa, the Wineries, and close to where events start and / or finish, we are in an ideal spot.

Thank you again, it was great to have you with us. Come back soon.
Monterey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

WE recently stayed at the Napa Winery Inn for one night stay. I was very impressed with the check in agent and the Front Desk Supervisor in the morning, both very courteous. The rooms were clean. Breakfast was nice. Small pool out front was nice to sit around at. Wine tasting was nice feature. Thanks,

Dear TravellerMonterey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I am glad to hear that your experience with us was a good one.

I hope you can come back soon and see the changes at the pool area. In the near future we will be getting new pool furniture, also the grape vines around the pool are filling in nicely and both will add so much to the look and feel of the pool area.

I also think breakfast is one of the best around. A nice hot complimentary breakfast is just the thing to get your day started, and then finish the day with our complimentary wine tasting in the evening. I am happy that you got to enjoy both.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.