“Great restaurant w/ great service!”

Tarla Mediterranean Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarla Mediterranean Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 295 Restaurants in Napa
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our name comes from the Turkish word for "field," and that's where every dish starts for us: in the riches the earth yields. We source our ingredients locally, seasonally, and organically as often as possible to create our Mediterranean fusion dishes. Bringing together Greek and Turkish cuisine, we're proud to serve a unique combination of flavors and styles you won't find anywhere else. Paired with our extensive wine list, craft beer from our microbrewery, or a Turkish coffee, there's no better way to unwind after a day in Napa Valley, or simply treat yourself to something different.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I happened by Tarla when looking for a dinner option in Napa on a Monday (some things are closed on Mondays). We did not have a reservation and did not wait more than a few minutes for a table, but this was a rainy Monday in late May. (I hear reservations are recommended on weekends and busier week nights.) We had the dolma (stuffed grape leaves) and crab, spinach, hearts of palm fondue as an appetizer and both were excellent. I had the barley salad, which was different than I expected, but still excellent and different is good! My husband had the braised beef short ribs with risotto, which I tried and was very, very good. The truffel risotto was the show stopper! The atmosphere was good, not fussy but not too casual. It was modern and fun. I felt like I could have a conversation with privacy, but it wasn't loud either. We each had a glass of good Napa wine and got out there for $75 total with tip, not bad for a great meal in Napa! The staff was polite, attentive without being fussy or intrusive, and overall nice people to casually chat with.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were out walking around downtown Napa on Tuesday night after Memorial Day weekend and stopped to look at the menu posted outside, liked what we saw and went in to try it out.
A good wine list that we ordered from by the glass.
I had the special ( a Rib eye steak that was more then I could eat and cooked perfectly) My wife had the Grilled Chicken Shish Kebab, excellent!
For desert she had a Coconut , cheese creation called Kunefe and they brought her a complementary glass of Moscato desert wine that the waiter said went so well with the desert she just had to have it, they also brought me one too. ( It was excellent)
I didn't order desert but they brought me the Stuffed Turkish Apricots( very good!) at no charge because the waiter felt if my wife had desert then so should I. A great dinner with great hosts. We will be back!

1  Thank John_Cloverdale
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I would be eating here every day if I could. Everything that comes out of this kitchen has superb, rich and fresh flavor. The crab sandwich caused a little tear to slide down my smiling mug. great staff. Noisy inside, but if you can get a table outside, it'd be perfect!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Delicious food, great ambiance and very courteous and friendly staff. Great place to eat in Napa City. Book in advance if possible to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank Kuldeep C
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Couldn't wait to eat here as I love, love Mediterranean food. It was just okay. My husband ended up eating the appetizer for 2 (meze plate) for his dinner as there was nothing that really excited him. He said the hummus was dry. What? No baba ganoush? Less than 1/2 a pita for a platter to serve a couple? I got the stuffed eggplant. HUGE serving of white rice and tiny serving of eggplant.