“Clean and Orderly”

Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I do appreciate a good chain hotel like the Hilton, since places like this have standards that you can rely on. A well-appointed room: with attention to details such as the lighting in the bathroom (doesn't cast shadows on your face when you put on your make-up); good writing desk for your laptop with, ergonomic chair and high speed internet access at your fingertips; comfortable bed.

Across the highway from this hotel is Whole Foods and a wonderful independent bookstore called Copperfields with a unique toy selection where we bought gifts for our kids.

Only disappointment was that breakfast was not included. We asked the front desk twice, and each time, it was "11.95/person." For 269/nt, can't they comp or discount breakfast for Hilton Honors guests?

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 10, 2010

The HIlton Garden Inn Napa was great! They had the best package deal offered and very close to dowtown and all the wineries. The only complaint I have is that I was not told about pending costs until they reviewed the room after our stay. Otherwise this was a great place to stay and try their Wine Tour Tasting Package.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Stayed here for two nights while in Napa. The hotel is close to all the wineries. You do need a car however. Room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Staff at front were very friendly and helpful. I would not recommend the restaurant in the hotel. We went for dinner on our first night. We waited five minutes before getting a menu and then another five and then left. Only one young man serving. He seems to do everything including delivering room service. He was very pleasant so I do not fault him. He should have had more help. I can see why the restaurant was not busy. Lots of other restaurant choices nearby so we did not try again. The rooms are not very soundproof, I could hear someone coughing very clearly in the room next to us and could hear walking in the room above us. Because of the location and the price we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I am a Hilton Hhonors member and travel frequently for business. I make it a point to stay at Hiltons whenever I can because I usually know what to expect and they typically offer a quality product.

At this Hilton Garden Inn, I reserved for an upgraded room, with a sitting area and whirlpool tub. No mention was made at check-in of any changes to my reservation . When I got to the room, I found that there was no seating area or whirlpool tub, so I called the front desk. The woman who had checked me in glibly told me that all of the larger rooms had been given out prior to my arrival, and they had downgraded me, but they weren't going to charge me for the larger room. No apology and no attempt to make it right.

The other frustration was the air conditioning unit. It was a window unit, typical to what you would find in a Motel 6 or some other cheaper property. It was noisy and woke me up every time it clicked on during the night. So I'm attending my meetings today with very little sleep and a bad taste in my mouth from this experience, I could have spent half the money to stay at a Motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank trcoc
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We only had a one night stay in Napa so this suited us just fine. It just off of the St. Helena Highway which takes you to the vineyards. If we had had more time I think we would have liked to stay in Yountville but of course the hotels there would be much more expensive and are in a totaly different category.
The Hilton is quite typical, with the covered entrance, restaurant and lobby and seating area when you enter. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Our room had a seating area with pull-out couch when you entered and an open bedroom area by the window with the washroom in the middle. Big enough for the 4 of us. Only complaint is the smell of the room deoderizer lingered in the air and I'm quite sensitive to chemicals and smells in general. Would be nice if they didnt have to use that stuff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Toptraveller4
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Rooms are spacious and clean.
Includes a refrigerator and microwave.
Staff was helpful and friendly.
We booked the Winetrain package and recieved 5 coupons for free tastings at Napa Wineries. We visited all of them and they were the best wineries of all we visited.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Used Diamond force with Q3fn cert to stay over Labor day weekend.
What a great HGI, staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are a bit small for a HGI but well decorated. Great wine and cheese tasting every evening from 5:30 - 6:30.
Got free breakfast and they serve Crepes, Burritos and even Eggs Benedict for breakfast!
Great location to visit the wine country!!! Will be back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple