Husband and I spent ten days at this property -- plenty of time to make a few notes and explore our surroundings in between vacation adventures.
Great location, right off Hwy 29, five minutes to downtown Napa, but in the middle of 'locals' shopping (Target, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Orchard Hardware Supply, Walgreens, Ulta, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Safeway & Lucky Grocery, Copperfield's Bookstore - awesome!) and eating (Chipotle, Starbucks, Villa Corona, 'fast food' joints, Habit Burger, Squeeze Inn Burgers - both really good for a splurge), which is super-convenient when the expensive restaurants may not be an option one evening (or two). Easy highway access for day trips (we took several). About 75 minutes to San Francisco, one hour to Muir Woods National Park, 45 minutes to Sonoma (small roads), one hour to Calistoga (Hwy 29 traffic north is slow).
Hotel decor is lovely: warm, rich colors (Pottery Barn, I believe), and comfortable. Hotel restaurant is good. We selected the breakfast pkg with our reservation - good value ($13.95/person for unlimited hot breakfast). Starbucks coffee.... Recommend this option! BIG shout-out to our breakfast waitstaff (Billy, Myranda, Michaela, Alycia) and the chef who expertly prepared my requested no butter/oil/cheese egg white scramble each morning..... thank you! Al fresco dining, too..... nice.
We had a King room (jr suite?) with whirlpool.... LOTS of room for two people! His/Hers 3-drawer dressers, two TVs, sitting area, ample bathroom (single sink), adequate closet, and coffee/fridge area. Keurig coffee maker - nice touch, but wasteful (indiv pkging), which is odd in a green-friendly hotel. Tip 1: Request TOP floor if possible. Upstairs guests (our room was changed - my mistake) kept me awake for their three-night visit. Quiet when empty & noisy when occupied again. Ugh! Tip 2: Don't worry about noise at 'front' of property (facing Hwy 29). Not an issue. Tip 3: Bring your favorite coffees for Keurig. Tip 4: Whirlpool room not a good choice for limited mobility guests. Shower is in the whirlpool tub (not separate). Stepping in & out was 'climbing' in/out for my 5'4" frame..... a little tricky after back surgery (or before AM coffee!). Not a problem for 6' husband.
Size: This is a smaller property, maybe 200(?) rooms on three floors, with a small pool & outdoor area. Laundry services & one/washer dryer available...handy for longer visits. Lots of 'community' areas in lobby, with comfortable couches/chairs, and TVs. Limited parking. Starbucks in the lobby. Plenty of hallway noise - kids running, doors slamming.
Front desk and Housekeeping always responsive and efficient. Thank you. Jacquelyn checked us in upon arrival: friendly, welcoming, and professional. Thank you. :)
Fellow runners/walkers: I discovered an easy 3-mile path near the hotel (I run & see where I end up.... Forrest Gump runner! LOL) It was safe, with lovely homes, friendly locals, three schools, two churches, lots of pretty landscaping, and NO dogs. MapMyRun app measured 3.6 miles, with two laps around 1/4 mile track near end of run.
Map: Standing at front of property (facing Hway 29), turn left. Go to light/intersection (Trower). Turn left. Go to Linda Vista. Turn left. Go to Redwood. Turn left. Redwood turns into Trancas at Solano. At Solano, turn left. Continue to hotel.
*Redwood Middle School is about two blocks behind hotel. They have a very nice 1/4 mile track open to the public on nonschool days. Small fitness room on site, too.
Overall, we really liked this property, would recommend, and stay again....but only on top floor! Four stars out of five due to (limited) front desk daily interactions, which I believe will be addressed quickly (not major, but being directed to Guest Services Mgr via email), and hallway/upstairs noise level. Also, while we LOVE the firm Hilton beds, the room furniture is not comfortable for evening relaxation.
Thanks to the @HGINAPA staff for the hospitality. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Napa hotel in Napa, California is one hour from San Francisco (in the heart of Napa Valley Wine Country). Enjoy complimentary WiFi, daily cooked-to-order breakfast in our on-site restaurant, evening room service, a heated outdoor pool/hot tub, complimentary 24-hour fitness room, 24-hour business center, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry and a 100% smoke-free facility. All rooms include microwaves, mini-refrigerators and Keurig(R) coffee machines with tea service. We also have 1,200 sq. ft. of meeting space for your next Napa, CA meeting at our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Napa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Napa Hotel Napa
- Napa Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Napa
- Hilton Garden Inn Napa Napa Valley, CA