“Not Worth It”

Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 26, 2013

First of all, let me say that this hotel charged me full price when I couldnt make it due to travel related flight issues. Most hotels will not charge if your flight was cancelled, but not this one. You'd better hope your flight isn't cancelled if staying here. Now that that is out of the way, I ended up staying here a week later because I was using Hilton points and none of the other Hilton properties were offering points deals. The lobby was and my room were nice, but the bathroom was a completely different story. It was decaying in parts and sagging in others. I've never had to walk around a bathroom tub to find the level part. There was mildew all over the place. The plug in the tub had come undone so you simply had to remove it from its place or it would block all water from coming through. Then when I got out of the shower I discovered that the tub had leaked everywhere. This hotel has obviously made no attempt to fix this bathroom and all of its problems.

Also, the location is horrible. You would think that it is within walking distance of things to do but that is not the case at all. You pretty much have to drive wherever you want to go. There aren't even really many wineries nearby either. There are about 3 in Napa but you have to drive North to find most of them.

Lastly, the sleeping conditions were pretty bad. The HVAC was making all types of clicks and sounds that made it hard to fall asleep. Then there was a fire alarm directly overhead with a bright green light. We were lucky if we got about 5 hours of sleep the one night that we stayed there.

This hotel is just not worth it. Spend your money elsewhere.

4  Thank CarltonNorthern
scottcurran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Napa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. I also apologize for the initial issue you experienced with your room booking and flight issues. It is always our goal to be as accommodating as possible and I regret you did not experience this. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Recently stayed one night and had an overall pleasant experience. Walls are thin as other reviewers noted, but we only heard noise a few times and we know that all rooms were full. Bed was very comfortable, as are most Hilton beds, and bathroom was enormous. It would have been nice to have a counter in the bathroom next to the sink, as there seems to be plenty of space. We were given a room with special accessibility, so there are probably rules about that.

The next morning we ate breakfast in the restaurant, which was free for Hilton Honors members. Although the menu sounded good, the omelette and homefries were only okay. Service was a little spotty, as we had a bit of trouble flagging down the server both to take our order and bring us the check. Pretty hard to beat the breakfasts available at Napa restaurants, so next time, we would probably choose to eat out, in spite of it being free.

We did use the gym and found it to be small but serviceable. Overall, we had a good experience at this hotel and would stay again if we needed just one night accommodations (not easy to find on a weekend in Napa).

1  Thank InTheory
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Be aware, no toothpaste, floss, or complimentary toothbrush included. Otherwise it is your typical Hilton experience. Fitness center is a little small, but has everything you will need. It may be crowded during typical hours, and with such a small place there are not very many cardio machines.

Breakfast, however is amazing. Extremely high quality for the price. Even though it may seem expensive, it is definitely worth the price. Unlimited amazing food.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacob J
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I were only there for a night and the room smelled, probably from the water which smelled as well. There was hair in the bathroom, which my wife was very upset about. The bed was not confortable. We were celebrating our 24th anniversary and the room did nothing for us. We should have complained and moved to another room but was late for the Napa valley Wine Train tour. We endured due to the limited time in the room - one night. I just started back staying at the Hilton but this stay was not the one. Took wife to Monterey (next stop) and found a nice hotel that she was happy about.

2  Thank Ernie G
scottcurran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Napa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I am so sorry you found your bathroom unacceptable during your anniversary trip. I can assure you that is not the standard in our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room and bathroom clean; my apologies. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great place, helpful workers, 5 star customer service! Have stayed at a lot of hotels before and this one is definitely at the top! The pricing is very good as well. I can't believe trip advisor wants me to write so much lol. It's a great hotel!!!! Stay there!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Napa did not disappoint. The rooms were nice, service was awesome and they have the absolute best breakfast (especially for Hhonors members that get it complementary)!! The selection of food was wonderful with healthy options and everything was cooked to order. It is so much better than more that have a buffet of mushy eggs. The only thing that could be improved is the workout room was pretty small but there was a wonderful running path through the vineyards that one of my friends ran on so ask the front desk how to get there. She got some of the best pictures on that run from our whole trip (I will be doing it with her next time). The restaurant is also very convenient to the town, restaurants and most importantly, wineries.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were surprised at the size of our room (king suite) it was larger than most w/ additional seating (love seat, two chairs, desk and chair). The refrigerator is a bit small, but fit our needs and is a very nice amenity, the double sinks in the bathroom are very nice touch, and the jacuzzi tub is also a very nice amenity! We couldn't have asked for better service from the staff, very friendly and welcoming. We appreciated the gym facility (although it is small) always clean and all the equipment in working order. Overall we had a great experience and highly recommend this hotel, we'll stay her again!

Room Tip: the extra few bucks for the king suite really is worth it!! Next time we'll try the 3rd floor...