“Great location for Napa Valley”

Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
compass_77_USA
“Great location for Napa Valley”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, easy to find and just minutes from the vineyards. The cost is spendy but reasonable for the area. The rooms were clean, quiet, spacious. We will stay here again! Thanks, HGI Napa!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Spent 3 nights here in early August, 2012. Having never been to Napa, I was surprised by the high priced hotels in the area and a little dubious when I saw the price of this place. At $215 per night, it was about $50 to $100 less than lots of other places I searched for online and I was a little nervous about what I would find at arrival. I was also nervous about a Tripadvisor review stating that the customer showed up with a prepaid confirmation late at night and was turned away. Fortunately, all of my concerns were unwarranted. This was a very nice, clean hotel, with a decent breakfast restaurant. It was quiet, comfortable and I slept like a baby every night (might have been the wine). I checked in much later than I had expected to and there was a mechanical issue with my first room and I requested a change. The front desk personnel were very apologetic and were great about moving the room for me. All smiles and very customer service oriented. The location is great for accessing dowtown Napa, as well as Yountville, St. Helena and Calistoga. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Reasonably priced for the area, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The cooked to order breakfast is in line with NAPA cuisine and far exceeds the typical Garden Inn fare. Huervos Rancheros where about the best I've had, and my wife enjoyed her crepes. Room was nice and clean.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank photo999
CA
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is a great selection for the wine country. It is convenient, clean, and modern with a delightful and helpful staff. It had some nice touches during our stay which included a free wine tasting, an upgraded room, a cooked-to-order breakfast, and a library of recent hardcover novels. It is next door to a Marriott, and (I believe, but am not sure) shares some of their spa services, as they were advertised in our room.
This hotel is a short drive to all the wineries, and very close to amenities like a mall which includes a Target and a Trader Joe's and a good pizza place. - even down the highway from a very nice Premium shopping outlet mall. It is also very near to Fume, one of my favorite Napa restaurants.

Room Tip: For an extra $30 per night one can upgrade to a suite, which includes a sitting room with another TV...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fallbrook
Singapore
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel is very much a chain type of property with no particular character but we just wanted a clean comfortable place to stay the night that was child friendly and this place fit the bill well. It is not easy to find accommodation in Napa that accepts young children and can put 4 of us in one room, at a reasonable price.

The hotel is well maintained after and efficiently run. The room was nothing special but clean and comfy with a fridge and microwave etc.

The breakfast was included in the cost and was actually one of the better hotel breakfasts we had on our trip with a good selection of hot and cold dishes and good service.

If you are looking for luxury or somewhere special, then this is not the place for you. But if you want a place where you will get a good nights sleep, everything is well run and the price is reasonable, then this is a great choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank restlessjen
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We spent 5 nights in this little gem of a hotel while visiting the Napa Valley and were very impressed with the helpful and friendly staff and the hotel overall. The hotel was clean and neat and very reasonable in price given it is right at the edge of wine country. It is just off the main highway leading to heart of Napa Valley, we were able to hit all of the wineries we were interested in visiting with just a short drive. The hotel serves a very good breakfast for approximately $12 that was cooked to order. There were a number of restaurants nearby and a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's right across the street. We were a party of 3 couples and all enjoyed our visit. We will certain stay here again when visiting the Wine Country.

Room Tip: I would suggest an upper floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I arrived with my family to the hotel, along with two other parties, to learn that's my reservation had been cancelled. After several minutes of playing with the computer, the front desk agent (Krystal) told me that my reservation had been cancelled by Internet back in March. When I asked her who did it or why I never received a cancellation, she said that they don't send cancellation e-mails. I later learned that his was not true, since Hilton does send cancellation E-mails, whenever you cancel a reservation.

The cancellation of our room got forther implications when Krystal told me that ey were SOLD OUT for the duration of my 3 night stay. Aha called several hotels and found a room at the Quality Inn.

I ended up staying away from our party and traveling into their hotel on a daily basis.

Very disappointed on being left out without a room even though I had a confirmation number. Don't trust Hlton reservation systems anymore since confirmations numbers are not worth anything.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family