“Truly lovely wine and company”
Review of Kitchak Cellars

Kitchak Cellars
Ranked #93 of 195 things to do in Napa
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Some friends and I recently spent some time at Kitchak Cellars and it was wonderful. While not usually a fan of blends we were delighted with the complexity and well rounded composition of their Piacere red blend. Just lovely. The company was equally lovely, Peter and his wife were the most gracious hosts with a great take on life and wine. Cheers!

1  Thank MrsTZ

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I hired a car service and guide, James with Flex Wine Tours (reviewed independently), to take us around Napa for 2 days. We toured 8 wineries in two days, 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday.

Our private tasting at Kitchak was the grand finale. Peter so graciously hosted us at his private estate and provided such a memorable experience. We strolled through vines enjoying a nice Rosato and Peter showed us why his grapes were so good, especially the Merlot grapes next to his lake. After tasting the spectacular Vivace (Roussanne, Marsanne, and Chardonnay blend), we enjoyed a tour of the production facility where we did a barrel tasting of the Merlot. We then concluded with a tasting of the fantastic reds.

This truly was a fantastic way to end our trip. We enjoyed Peter's company so much that we stayed an extra hour and missed our reservations at Bouchon. It was worth it. Don't miss this gem on your next trip, but I would not be upset if you did miss it, that just means more for me!

2  Thank wholden