“Great Customized Wine Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knight Wine Tours

Knight Wine Tours
Ranked #17 of 113 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Trust our personalized planning and local contacts to guarantee your unforgettable wine country experience! Take the guesswork out of making the most of your visit with our insider tips for discovering extraordinary wineries and magical experiences. Relax while we navigate you through the perfect wine country day you've always imagined, based upon your individual tastes and tempo. Whether you are a first time visitor, wine country veteran, learning more, casual visitor or serious collector, we'll collaborate on an itinerary that hits highlights & introduces you to new gems, friendly locals and elegant wines.
Waunakee, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Customized Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My sister in law researched a number of options for wine tours and settled on Knight Wine Tours. I talked to Stan after receiving his initial itinerary and he was great about explaining his recommendations. I had a few additional requests and he was quick with alternative suggestions.

He also arranged a picnic lunch for us and had us pick our lunch in advance to save time for tastings!

When the day of the tour came, he was attentive, informative, and a great driver. His vehicle was very comfortable, even for two gentlemen over 6 feet tall (one was 6' 6" and sat in the second row!).

His knowledge of the area and his ability to fit the tastings to our requests was top notch.

1 Thank CarrianneB

Irvine, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Royal Treatment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My friends and I had a fantastic trip to Napa planned by Stan. He arrived promptly at our hotel in SF to pick us up and whisked us away for an incredible Napa day. We enjoyed a private tour and tasting at one winery, a special tasting at another winery, a fantastic picnic lunch at a reservation only picnic site (at which Stan had picked up an incredible picnic lunch for us), and another small winery tasting. Stan plans a truly top notch day and is so flexible. His biggest concern is making sure that his clients are happy. I will definitely be using his services in the future!

1 Thank Sara A
Oswego
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Wine Tasting Tour with Stan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you would like an outstanding wine tasting tour in the Napa/Sonoma region, then Stan and Knight Wine Tours should be your first choice!

There were two couples in our group and all 4 of us were very pleased with our wine tasting experience with Stan. He discussed our winery preferences ahead of time and worked with us to customize our itinerary. His recommendations were perfect and led us to a number of smaller out-of-the-way wineries just as we had requested. Stan was very accomodating, took care of all the logistics (including a spectacular "box" lunch at one of the wineries), and even had several recommendations for an extra stop when we were a little ahead of schedule. Throughout the tour he provided interesting descriptions of the area and insights into the wineries and the wine-making industry. His Ford Flex is very comfortable (I'm 6'6" and fit in the rear seat quite comfortably). Everything about our experience with Stan was top-notch. You can be sure we'll call him next time we visit the Napa/Sonoma area.

1 Thank M B
Lake Jackson, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent tour of Napa valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I used Knight wine tours yesterday to tour around Napa and it was a great experience. Stan was prompt at picking us up from our hotel, was extremely cordial and was highly informative of the area. He worked with us before the trip to plan our stops and they were a perfect mix of large popular wineries and small quaint wineries that are appointment only. Our favorite stop was the Von Strasser winery. Stan even prepared a wonderful picnic lunch for us. It was definitely worth the money! We are staying in Napa but from what I understand Stan will even pick up guests staying in the San Francisco area and take them to Napa or Sonoma for the day.

1 Thank dougl42
Athens, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Great Way to See Napa Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I used Knight Wine Tours in the middle of April to show us Napa Valley for a day and we are very glad we did. Our day had been planned by my wife and our concierage months in advance. When we told him we wanted a driver for a day Stan at Knight Wine tours was his first suggestion. Stan was prompt, easy to talk to, and has lived in the area for close to 20 years if I recall correctly.

Stan was able to offer us so much information about all of the wineries we toured before we arrived and others that had historical significance around the area. Another thing I must point out is that he was a great driver with a clean and well maintained car. My wife can easily get car sick from rough rides and being in the car for a while. Not an issue on our tour with Stan.

I would highly recommend him if you are interested in a first class tour in wine country. We will certainly use him again when we return.

Visited April 2013