“Rude slow service”

The Kitchen Door
Ranked #19 of 286 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is in the Ox Bow Market in Napa.
Napa, California
“Rude slow service”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Food is also underwhelming. I don't understand the high ratings for this dive.

With all the alternatives nearby in the Oxbow Market it's a wonder that the Kitchen Door isn't closed.

For the prices they charge I would expect better.

• Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Midwest
“Good Short Ribs”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I shared an order of Korean Style Short Ribs with a soya glaze and mushroom, vegetable & bacon fried rice. It was enough for a light lunch but the short ribs were sliced paper thin and may not be enough for someone with a hearty appetite since there were only three of them. The rice was delicious!

SanAntonio
“Good and bad”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

After reading reviews on this restaurant, I was quite disappointed. First, they did not offer gluten-free products. I ended up having the Mixed vegetables grilled with noodles which was VERY GOOD. I asked for Diet Coke and got some fancy diet soda which cost twice as much and didn't taste as good, but my fault for not sending it back. The real deal breaker was my hubby's hamburger, which was supposed to be medium rare, states that on the menu, but shows up rare. I like my meat on the rare side but it looked like raw hamburger lightly seared. The manager came by to ask how we liked everything. Hubby asked if he thought the burger was medium rare and the guy said yes! Truly irritated hubby.

The flatbread is extremely good. Too bad they didn't have a gluten-free version.

Chicago, Illinois
“s'mores!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Food and service were outstanding!! We arrived very late and were still able to get in a full meal!! Our waitress was super sweet making sure we got all the food we needed before the kitchen closed. I hope they keep that homemade graham cracker s'more on the menu - soooo good!

“Great food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We had the Korean style ribs and the veal sweetbreads both really really good. Service was ok but not great. We would go back and have the same thing.