“Nice hotel good breakfast”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Napa Valley
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Napa
california
“Nice hotel good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel was very nice. It has many local stores around as well. The service was great ans the room was clean. Pool was a little small very relaxing.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bay Area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

There are not many hotels in Napa that will allow a 1 night stay during the summer - but this is one of them. With that said, I would not stay here again. I was surprised to see a property with doors facing out. One 1 side is a car dealership - on the other a side an empty auto body shop....not such a nice view.
After using the tub sitting inthe middle of the room, the water pipes dripped in the walls all night long. I was unable to get the room to cool and once the fan turned off, you could here road noise all night long.
I complained at check and the price of the room was reduced to the non-jacuzzi room price , but as far as the rest of the issues - he said I would have to contact the manager.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lexiloo78

Travelers are raving about these Napa hotels

Midlothian, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2008

An ok place to stay. I booked a room with a jacuzzi but the jacuzzi did not work. at first they said they would move us to a new room and were on their way to drop of the keys but then called and said that room was already rented so we were stuck. they did reduce our rate to the same as a room without a jacuzzi.
the hot breakfast was better than I had expected; eggs, potatoes, bacon, coffee, cereal, fruit, muffins, juice.
the room was clean, no frills. much cheaper than some of the other places in Napa. If I had to do it again, I would probably consider John Muir.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank toddkddot
Peoria, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

Your average budget accommodations. I don't particularly like staying at hotels where the entrance to the rooms is on the outside of the bldg. but I was only here for one night. Lovely breakfast buffet incld. in price which is an added bonus. Beds not comfortable, but sleepable. Incld. small fridge, tiny bathroom with toilet and shower and vanity/sink on the outside of bathroom. Carpets need replacing as they are worn. All in all okay for someone not requiring anything luxurious or long term.

• Liked — $$$$
  • Disliked — Needs updating and carpet replacement
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank awright517
Illinois, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

We needed a place in Napa/Sonoma where we could spend a Saturday night. Most of the B&B's we looked at had two-night minimums, so even though we were prepared to spend more than the Hawthorn costs, we weren't able to.

We called Inn at Sonoma and were referred to a phone number, I think called StaySonoma, where supposedly they had access to which hotels had short-notice rooms available. We took the Hawthorn because it was in a decent location (we had a car available) and was $189 (about $205 total = high taxes).

The Hawthorn was acceptable. Room was clean. Bathroom was acceptable, but not great. Service guy was friendly and referred us to a fantastic vegetarian restaurant (Ubuntu) which we much appreciated.

The hotel room entrances are on the outside of the building. Ours faced the parking lot. I would have preferred a hotel with doors inside the building, but didn't realize this in time before we booked. Not exactly my idea of how one should enjoy themselves in wine country, but we managed to spend the money we saved on our room -- and spent it on wine and great food. Copia and Oxbow are both great places to stop.

• Liked — Proximity to downtown Napa (couple mins by car)
  • Disliked — Door faced outside.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelingG123
lakeport, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

this is the second time I stayed here for medical reasons. It is best to stay on the second floor and as far back from the street as possible to avoid traffic noise. We liked our jaccuzzi suite especially since the spa and pool area was crowded in the evening and the next day their spa was cold and couldn't be used so I used the jaccuzzi in the room. I dont know if they turn the spa off during the day or if it was broken. I like this location since it close to shopping and restaurants. Since I live in a rural area (the sticks) shopping and finding a decent restaurant is a treat. The beds seemed fine to me I didnt think they were too hard. I stay here because it is cheap relative to many other hotels in the area, less than $100 for a regular room. Having a refrigerator & microwave is convenient. Orbiz seems to be the only booking service that lists this hotel. You also can earn Hyatt points altho they don't take Hyatt gift cards.

• Liked — in room spa
  • Disliked — traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cobbgirl
Apple Valley, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed 5 nights at this property and were pleased with everything except the beds. They were some of the hardest beds we have every encountered in a hotel. I don't just mean firm, I mean HARD. We have stayed in a lot of hotels and my husband travels for business, so we have a lot to compare in our minds. We are not fans of a soft bed either, but we felt these beds were way off the mark. We did not sleep well the whole trip, woke up with sore backs and hips. Not having good sleep certainly does affect a vacation. I asked the office if they had a foam topper we could use to make it more bareable but that was not available. If you like a really, really firm (hard) bed, you will not have a problem. If you like a comfortable nights rest in a reasonable bed you may want to consider another property. I was so disappointed that I am going to write to Hyatt and tell them I expected more from a well established hospitality company.

Other than the beds, the hotel was great. The extensive complementary breakfast each morning was my favorite part. Not just cereal and toast, but also egg, potatoes, and breakfast meat. Real OJ or apple juice, muffins, toast, bagels, etc, etc...
It was so nice! The room size was comfortable too, and we appreciated having a fridge and microwave. The free wireless interenet reception was not consistent and my husband had to acquire an ethernet cable from the front desk. Nonetheless, the internet was free. The bathroom was good too with the toilet and shower in a separate room from the sink and counter. I always like that. A real closet with plenty of space too and a couch (with reading lamp), coffee table and desk. Located right on the Silverado Trail just minutes from COPIA (a must see at beginning of your wine trip!) and very close to downtown Napa, just across the river.

The price was reasonable for high season and if it weren't for the uncomfortable beds I would return again to this hotel.

Stayed August 2007