“Fine cupcakes, skip their frozen lemonade”
Review of Kara's Cupcakes

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kara's Cupcakes
Ranked #3 of 9 Bakeries in Napa
Raleigh,NC
“Fine cupcakes, skip their frozen lemonade”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

A friend and I stopped in to the Oxbrow for dinner and decided to get some cupcakes to take back to our hotel room. The young gal behind the counter was very knowledgeable about each of the cupcakes without having to refer to a list or chart. We each got two cupcakes (one for the evening, one for a breakfast snack!) and she got a frozen lemonade that seemed to be something Kara's was very proud of. As we walked back to our hotel my friend took a sip and almost spit it out. She said "Try this" and of course I did. It seemed to be pure simple syrup and lemon juice that was then frozen. It was undrinkable. I don't know if they forgot to put water into the mix before freezing it but it was horrible. We let it melt in the hotel room and tried to dilute it with water and ice cubes but ended up just dumping it down the sink drain. We ate our cupcakes and they were fine. Just typical cupcakes that are part of this whole cupcake craze sweeping the country. I did appreciate their special cupcakes that raised money for different charities.

• Visited September 2013

“Not so good”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nothing spectacular, I would save yourself the calories for wine tasting. Tried the peanut butter chocolate cupcake and coconut. The peanut butter cupcake had almost no flavor, and the cake was pretty dense, while I prefer a lighter fluffier style. The coconut was entirely too sweet I could only stomach one bite before I decided it just wasn't worth the calories.

• Visited October 2013
Granville Ohio
“Yummy”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Many different cupcakes. Picked out the gluten free brand for my daughter. They were delicious. Wish they had more choices, but the two they had were great.

Visited September 2013
Carson, California
“Delicious Cupcakes”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Kara's bake goods are not cheap but are always worth every penny. Got to have those yummy cupcakes every time we see the bake shop in places we visit.

Visited September 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Yu-um!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Mini cupcakes are perfect for mid-afternoon! Organic and healthy choices galore. The caramel filled chocolate with fleur de sel sprinkles are amazing as was the raspberry filled dark chocolate.

Visited August 2013