“Forget the day, seize their food!”

Carpe Diem Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Carpe Diem Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 297 Restaurants in Napa
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brown Street
Description: Carpe Diem offers a sophisticated, yet casual dining experience in the heart of downtown Napa. Our enthusiastic staff and lively atmosphere bring uniqueness to the table. An ever-changing wine list and family share-plate style menu elevates the dining experience from a mechanical process to a convivial experience. As an innovative restaurant, we modify our menu on the last Friday of every month. Executive Chef Scott Kendall creates original dishes that our guests would not anticipate. Their most enjoyed plates include the ostrich burger with cranberry coriander compote, creamy brie and truffle fries or the housemade burrata which is mozzarella heaven served with cabernet sea salt, basil crystals and grilled bread. The chefs also keep things fresh with the soup of the moment and chef's selection of tacos updated weekly with seasonal ingredients. Guests are invited to personalize the dishes "Carpe style" by adding an organic poached duck egg and crispy pancetta to any plate. Wines and beers are expressly selected to compliment the food, enhancing the culinary experience at Carpe Diem. Our team is constantly searching for new wines and beers that will pleasantly surprise both locals and visiting guests. Carpe Diem Brewing Co. is excited to share our beers exclusively at the restaurant with eight constantly rotating tap handles alongside other local craft brews. Some of our unique wines include Outcast, Rosalynd, and Keever. Our extensive wine list with over twenty wines by the glass entices our guests to sample something new and discover the perfect pairing with their meal.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I sat along the window next to the bar and had one of the Chef's Select dishes and then another of the same, a flatbread with kale and a spicy mixture of toppings. We would have gone for three but had get home. The wines are choice. The staff is super friendly and provide excellent service. We keep going back.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go have dinner there on May 4th on our wedding anniversary has the reviews on Trip Advisor were outstanding. When we walked in, we were sat inches from a couple on our left and same thing on our right. I was actually sitting closer to the other couples then my wife sitting across from me. Not very romantic or intimate for any couples there trying to have a personal meal together. All that being said, our server Rachel was phenomenal and the food was out of this world. We shared the Ostrich burger and the Mowie Howie flat bread. Both amazing especially the Ostrich burger; tender and juicy, one of the best burgers I have had in my life. $13 for flat bread and $18 for the Ostrich, both well priced. The wine was absolutely overpriced, especially considering you are in Wine Country. Cheapest glass is $12. All and all, good location, outstanding service, ridiculous food but very poor atmosphere for a romantic meal.

1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had my first meal at Carpe Diem after meeting the owners in South Africa in 2011. Since then, not only have my wife and I eaten at the restaurant on at least 5 occasions when we visit the area from our home in Texas. I have taken and referred my clients from around the country to Carpe Diem and they are unanimous in their praise for the food, wine and service.

The menu changes based on what's available fresh, but 2 staples and absolute MUSTS are the Mac and Cheese and the House Fries! I also recommended the charcuterie and artisanal cheese selections...they never disappoint. If you get really lucky, you'll eat there when Scott has created his special meatballs! The wine offerings are superb and one of the best in the Napa/Sonoma area.

I strongly suggest that you make reservations since the restaurant is not very large. There is limited seating at the bar, but every time that I have been there, those without reservations had to wait a while for a seat. Even while waiting, the staff makes people feel included and welcomed. Another plus is the free municipal parking lot directly across the street from the location.

The owners, Scott and Stephanie, have done an excellent job of creating a warm and inviting epicurean delight! Can't wait to eat there again in July!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Tried the restaurant because of its rating. Interesting food but portions were small. Tasty but expensive. They were not very flexible in terms of allergies. Asked if they could hold the asparagus in the pasta dish because of an allergy. Answer was no. Other dishes had asparagus. No attempt to accommodate. Waitress asked chef - she tried. Chef said no. Atmosphere was nothing special. Too many other good restaurants in Napa to come back. Won't go back.

2  Thank Roy M
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I ate at this restaurant on 4/29/13 for my going away party. The service and food were simply the best to be had. I had the ostrich burger with truffle fries and it was the best burger I've ever tasted in my life. Our server was great and very personable. I would highly recommend this restaurant and you should make It a point to eat here if you're in the Napa area.