“Amazing experience!”

Lonnie's Wine Tours & Transportation
Ranked #21 of 116 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour with a local to enhance your wine and culture experience.Have twenty one years experience in limo service, tour guide, concierge and wine educator in the Northern California Bay Area.Specialize visiting small boutique wineries, who produce small amounts of the finest world class wines.The most fun you will have in the Wine Country!
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We visited Napa Valley for the first time on our honeymoon last week. We were interested in visiting some of the winemakers and vineyards that produce the wine that we collect. We were given Lonnie's name by the owners of the bed and breakfast that we stayed at (also an amazing experience!) Lonnie was above and beyond all expectations. He was professional, timely and very informative about the local wine industry. He introduced us to people and wineries that we would not have been able to access without him. It was a excellent introduction to the area and to the wines of Napa. We had a fabulous time and are already planning our next visit, which will include more time with Lonnie. He is a gem!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank KatrinkaBo

Lawrence, Kansas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“An Outstanding day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent a great day with Lonnie touring the Sonoma Valley wineries. Lonnie selected 4 great venues and an even better dining experience. He picked us up at our hotel in San Francisco and provided a very comfortable trip to and from the valley. He is extremely knowledgeable about the wine making process and the wineries. He chose wineries off the beaten path so we felt extra special at these wineries. In fact, at one winery, we were the only people being given the tour. But at most of the wineries, we were in a very small and intimate group. Quite an experience. I highly recommend Lonnie.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Bob M
Washington, DC
“Best Tour Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lonnie is the best! Definitely was able to find me and my wife the wineries which were perfect for us to enjoy on our honeymoon. Without a doubt the highlight of our time in the valley, and something we can't wait to return for on our next visit to the area. Based on your wine interests, budget, time availability, or specific area--I guarantee that Lonnie could find you exactly what you're looking for.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank smm245
Aiken, South Carolina
“Absolutely worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had such an enjoyable day with Lonnie. He is 2nd generation Napa Valley so he provided us with excellent history and insight during our tour. We were also able to go to several boutique wineries because of his personal relationship with the owners/winemakers. He even offered to ship our wine home through Buffalo Shipping company! I cannot say enough good things about him or his service. We really enjoyed spending the day with him and we plan to use him again when we take our next trip!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank BDK2800
Los Angeles
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Can't wait to book our next tour with Lonnie!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our day with Lonnie could not have been more perfect. Any words I write will not do justice to the extraordinary day he gave us. On a very busy Memorial Weekend, he found smaller wineries that hosted just my husband and I. It was a truly special day, and one that we could never have had without Lonnie. We ended up purchasing more wine than we ever thought we would, so Lonnie even stopped by Buffalo Shipping to let us get a shipper box.

It was our first trip to Napa, and prior to our tour, Lonnie and I spoke on the phone to gauge our likes and dislikes. He even sent us an itinerary a week before our trip. I highly suggest taking Lonnie up on his picnic lunch as it was outstanding.

My husband and I are already talking about our next trip to Napa. We don’t know where we will stay or what restaurants we will try, but we know that we’re not visiting any wineries without Lonnie!!!

Visited May 2013