“Fantastic Time!”

Lonnie's Wine Tours & Transportation
Ranked #10 of 248 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour with a local to enhance your wine and culture experience.Have twenty one years experience in limo service, tour guide, concierge and wine educator in the Northern California Bay Area.Specialize visiting small boutique wineries, who produce small amounts of the finest world class wines.The most fun you will have in the Wine Country!
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was our first trip to Napa Valley and Lonnie really helped to make it a most memorable time! He was incredibly accommodating. For example, after he had arranged our itinerary and booked all of the reservations for our wine tour, on the day of the tour we had a late breakfast and weren’t hungry at the time set aside for lunch, so Lonnie stopped by one of the smaller wineries, got us in and we ended up eating later in the afternoon! Lonnie also really worked with us to make sure that the wineries selected would be ones we would enjoy. He is also very knowledgeable of the area and it was great spending the day with him.

I would highly recommend Lonnie, and while the cost is a little more than a group tour, it is completely worth it and we would absolutely book with him again and again!!

1  Thank Nicolle F
in 10 reviews
"gems"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Lonnie is the man. Quite simply, if you don't like Lonnie, you don't like people. Super nice, incredibly helpful, very knowledgeable...He absolutely made our trip to Napa special. Thanks again, Lonnie!

1  Thank Jamie H
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Absolutely fantastic experience! Lonnie was responsive, prompt and helpful in the scheduling process. He made the actual day of the trip smooth and worry free! His recommendations were amazing - I wouldn't have been able to plan such a beautiful and unique tour without him. His knowledge of the valley allowed for us to visit private wineries that I otherwise would have not found on my own. I will be using him again for future trips and will be sure to recommend to all of my friends and family.

2  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Lonnie was very friendly and he definitely made our visit very memorable.

I'm no expert in wine so I won't be able to comment on how knowledgeable he is, but he did take us to a very small winery which we otherwise wouldn't be able to find and that was by far the most interesting stop of our visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sisters and I booked a winery tour with Lonnie, and the day went perfectly. He was incredibly helpful and easy to communicate with before the trip -- giving recommendations and input on locations and lunch options. He drove our SUV for the day, and I was so glad we weren't in another limo or in a bus.

Lonnie is a native to St. Helena, so he knows lots of folks at the Napa wineries and shared great insights about the industry/area. He was low-key but friendly, and we all felt completely at ease during the drive. He picked us up right on time, knew how to get to all three wineries we'd previously booked and had a spot-on recommendation for a last winery stop (Mumm Napa, with an amazing patio). We'll definitely give him a call next time we're in town!

1  Thank laurena893