“The best way to see Napa!”

Lonnie's Wine Tours & Transportation
Ranked #24 of 130 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour with a local to enhance your wine and culture experience.Have twenty one years experience in limo service, tour guide, concierge and wine educator in the Northern California Bay Area.Specialize visiting small boutique wineries, who produce small amounts of the finest world class wines.The most fun you will have in the Wine Country!
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We can't say enough great things about Lonnie. We booked him about two weeks prior (which was relatively last minute) for the Friday during labor day week, and he was one of the few car services that were available. If you've never been to Napa (like us) this is the way to go. He picked us up at our hotel, and a spacious, clean lincoln (early to make sure we made it to the first winery!) and we had him pick our trip based on reading a few of the other reviews. The only winery we really wanted to see was Cakebread, however after getting tours and tastings at some of the other wineries that Lonnie had set up, those experiences blew Cakebread out of the water. We are going to have Lonnie just set up our entire trip next time. The attention, tastings and tours that you get from the wineries Lonnie setup show you a completely different side of the industry- trust me, if you like good wines, these small wineries that Lonnie took us to had some of the best wines I've ever tasted.

Having Lonnie drive you around is simply the best way to see Napa, our tour included a fantastic lunch in the cave of a winery, and Lonnie does an excellent job of explaining and answering questions, while still maintaining the professionalism of being our driver.

We couldn't have asked for a better experience, and we can't wait to go back and hire Lonnie again to see what other places he has to show us!

2  Thank caldierm

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We hired Lonnie to drive the 3 of us on the day we visited wineries. We had already put together our itinerary, but if I could to do it over again, I would have trusted Lonnie to do it all. The sedan was nice and clean, Lonnie was on time, he was very personable and entertaining, born and raised in Napa, he is very knowledgeable about the area, and his prices are very reasonable. What more could you possibly ask for? Be sure and book him, but don't get too crazy, because I want him back the next time I go to Napa! :)

1  Thank Julesl68
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Lonnie was an excellent driver/tour guide. Since he is from the area, he was able to give us tid bits on just about everything dealing with Napa from the history of the area to how wine is made to great places to eat at night. He even was able to get us an impromptu wine tasting at his friend's winery! And that winery was one of my favorites! I definitely will use Lonnie as a driver on my next trip to Napa :)

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Lonnie was recommended by a friend and we were so lucky to get him for both days in Napa! A driver is a must to visit Napa wineries and Lonnie is the best. He organized our itinerary to minimize driving time ahead of time and we were even able to squeez in an extra tasting at a boutique winery. Very helpful with shopping and dining tips, and full of facts about wine and Napa. I would recommend Lonnie to everyone.

1  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Lonnie helped make our Napa trip fantastic! Full of great info about the area and wine, very easy to spend the day with, and full of great suggestions. For three first timers in the wine country, we couldn't have asked for a better guide. Would recommend him to someone who has never been or who has been 100 times!