“Lonnie's got connections!!!”

Lonnie's Wine Tours & Transportation
Ranked #24 of 123 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour with a local to enhance your wine and culture experience.Have twenty one years experience in limo service, tour guide, concierge and wine educator in the Northern California Bay Area.Specialize visiting small boutique wineries, who produce small amounts of the finest world class wines.The most fun you will have in the Wine Country!
auburn,ca
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lonnie's got connections!!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

we were guests of another couple that had known Lonnie from before. the places he got us into and the treatment we received were first class!!! plus Lonnie has intimate knowledge of the local area and plenty of stories to recount as you drive up and down the valley. we plan to use Lonnie again in the near future.

Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lonnie made my birthday experience PERFECT”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I wish i knew where to start. I was referred to Lonnie by several people who are wine experts. He was the funniest, most knowledgable, personable, sweet, exciting person i have ever been driven by. He made us Feel like a LOCAL and knew absolutely EVERYONE in napa. I thought he was a celebrity, however, he makes YOU feel like your the celebrity. I was so tired of the wineries forgetting who the customer is... he took us to boutique wineries and we met the owners and had lunch and drank wine with them. It was a trip of a lifetime and I know and expect 5 star. His price is inexpensive and if you ask questions he knows every answer. By the way, he had lunch one day his wife made and perhaps he should have a chef hat too., Dont think about it HIRE LONNIE IF YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY. I feel like family now and thank my friends for the referral. Love love love that Lonnie..... Debbie

1 Thank MexicoDEDE
Chicago, Illinois
“Can't go wrong - Excellent, Very Knowledgable, Service!”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We used Lonnie on our first trip to napa, traveling with two other couples. Lonnie couldn't have been a better tour guide, trip planner, concierge, driver, host, etc., etc. He has endless amounts of local knowledge of the wineries, restaurants, and other must see locations. His stretched limo was very nice and immaculately clean.

He set up all of our tastings and tours and moved them around as needed (you won't even know he is doing it) so we could enjoy ourselves and take as much, or little, time at each place without feeling rushed to get to the next. I would also recommend letting him set up tours to wineries that you have never heard of through his connections, these turn out to be the best. There is no way we could have planned the quality and amount of tours/tastings we could do in a day without him. We will definitely use Lonnie on our next trip. By the way, his wife also makes incredible chocolate chip cookies!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Amazing day in Napa”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We recently returned from Napa and had a wonderful time. Lonnie Smith picked us up in his immaculately clean Ford Expedition and we set out on our personalized itinerary that Lonnie had created for us.
We visited several small boutique wineries and were so impressed with Lonnie. He is second generation Napa and knows everybody and everything about the area. He arranged private wine tastings at every winery we visited. Around noon, He picked out a location at the Reverie Vineyard, under some redwood trees, and set out an enjoyable lunch that his wife had prepared. After lunch, we visited a couple more vineyards and then Lonnie dropped us off at our hotel. Unfortunately, our day went by too fast.
We enjoyed his hospitality and would highly reccommend him to anybody visiting Napa.

1 Thank Rodney D
McKinney, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“If you want the TRUE Napa Valley experience, you have to be with Lonnie Smith.”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have just returned from my umpteenth trip to Napa Valley, and my third trip with Lonnie Smith. I never new what the Real Napa experience was until I took my first trip with Lonnie. To start with, he is just a great human being and someone you will count as a friend by the end of your trip, but most importantly he is a walking encyclopedia of all Things wine and wine country. He has personal relationships with the wineries and winemakers that will open any door you want. He is well organized, thoughtful and very punctual. If you are tired the big box wineries and want a more personal and intimate experience, Lonnie will organize an amazing experience. If you just want to drive up and down the valley,stopping along the way, you won't find anybody better at helping you avoid the bad ones. Thank You Lonnie for helping us make so many new friends. You are the gem of Napa Valley!

1 Thank greatgrapes3350