“Great Time in Sonoma”

Intimate Wine Tours
Ranked #7 of 230 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a boutique wine tour company, specializing in small and affordable private tours. We have some of the most affordable wine tour rates in the industry. Our staff of concierges has developed close relationships with many wineries and tasting room hosts. Our goal is to provide all our guests with a memorable and exclusive wine tasting experience. Our concierges and hospitality consultants possess years of expert Wine Country experience and are knowledgeable of both Sonoma and Napa County winery appellations.
Guilford, Connecticut
“Great Time in Sonoma”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was my 8th trip to California Wine Country and my second to the Sonoma Valley. We worked with Tom on our first trip and were impressed with his knowledge of both Classic and Boutique Wineries. For this trip which was a special occasion of my wife's Birthday Tom put together the trip of a life time to some great Boutique wineries that I will never forget. His service is very user friendly with Tom showing up at our Hotel every day and driving our SUV. His recommendations on lunches and picnics were helpful and economical.
This trip replaces my all time favorite wine trip to Tuscany because of the venues selected quality of the wine and the service Tom and Team provide.

Visited January 2013
etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Again, thank you as it was entirely our pleasure. We know you have many choices when visiting the Napa and Sonoma wine country and we thank you for choosing Intimate Wine Tours. Moreover, we were excited to be a part of such a special trip celebrating your wife's birthday.

Thank you for the wonderful compliment regarding this wine tour trip being better than your visit to Tuscany. Our specialty is to design and customize your wine tour around boutique wineries and schedule appointments that meet your personal wine preference. We are so elated that you and your family had such a memorable trip and we look forward to planning your next wine tour excursion with Intimate Wine Tours.

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Outstanding Napa Tour!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I, my wife and another couple used Intimate Wine Tours (IWT) for three consecutive days in December 2012. This was our third time in Napa, but the first time for the other couple, and the first time using IWT. Because we had our own SUV, the concierge at the Hotel Andaz recommended IWT as our "designated driver". IWT was fairly priced ($50/hour), and with the concierge's recommendation, we felt IWT was trustworthy. Were we right! Tom, our driver, called us the day before our tour to introduce himself and check in, was waiting for us the next morning and each morning thereafter at the appointed time, and stayed in contact throughout the three days of touring. It was great to receive these communications. Tom was very knowledgeable and a great driver. We felt extremely comfortable with him behind the wheel. Each day, he knew every scheduled stop, exactly where he was going, and called ahead to the next winery if our schedule changed. And, in addition to our restaurant reservations, Tom recognized our "need" for unscheduled food and water, and planned those stops as well. Even more, Tom went above and beyond by making sure were able to get to and fom our dinner reservations each night. Tom was very professional but also enjoyable to speak with. We could not have asked for better service. I would recommend using IWT without reservation to anyone taking or planning a wine tour and/or needing driving support. We will use IWT on our next trip to Napa.

Visited December 2012
etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for such an amazing review! We are more than pleased that you had such a great time as it was thoroughly our pleasure to be a part of your three day wine tour. Moreover, thank you for recognizing our very competitive and fair price point. Our excellent value and price point is truly one of the hallmarks of our company.

One of our paramount responsibilities is being attentive towards all of our clients' needs and requests. Again, we thank you for your business and are so glad that you had such a great time. We look forward to seeing all of you again soon and to provide you with another exceptional wine tour experience with Intimate Wine Tours.
Dallas, Texas
“Great weekend getaway!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a blast with Tom--we called last-minute to book a tour and were totally taken care of! Tom picked us up from our hotel and filled our day with appointments at small production wineries (per our request). We had a memorable experience and will definitely use Intimate WineTours (and Tom) for our next trip.

Visited November 2012
We know you have many options and companies to choose from when selecting a wine tour company and we thank you for selecting Intimate Wine Tours. One of the many advantages is our ability to book appointments at a lot of the boutique and small production wineries.

Again, we thank you for selecting Intimate Wine Tours, we look forward to seeing you again soon and to provide you with another unique wine tour experience.
“Knowledgeable,fun and safe!!!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We hired Intimate Wine Tours for the afternoon!! It could not have been more perfect!! Our tour guide, Chris was fun, knowledgeable and totally made us feel welcomed. We gave him a few hints as to what we wanted and he totally rendered!! He didn't rush us but was totally available to us!! Great Job!!! Everyone concentrates on hotel, good restaurants etc... Hiring Intimate Wine Tour was our best decision of our 3 day weekend.
Gisele and Ryan from Canada

On behalf of Intimate Wine Tours we want to extend our gratitude and thank you for selecting our wine tour company. One of the many advantages of booking with our company is the element of relaxation and not being rushed. We are so happy that you were able to take your time and not feel the pressure of being rushed along from winery to winery.

Chris is a wonderful wine tour driver as all of our clients thoroughly enjoy his hospitable personality. Thank you again for choosing Intimate Wine Tours, we hope to see you again soon and we look forward to providing you with another fantastic wine tour experience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I used Intimate Wine Tours for two consecutive days in Jan 2013. This was my first time in Napa and first time using Intimate. I decided to use Intimate after reading reviews on the internet and speaking to the concierge at our hotel in advance. Intimate was priced higher than some others offering a similar service, but I felt the price was reasonable and this was a company that could be trusted. For a private tour, this is still a great value. We were very happy with our decision.

After speaking to Susan over the phone I received an email confirming all of the details we discussed prior to the trip. It was nice to know that Intimate had the details organized so that I could worry less and enjoy the experience.

Chris, our driver, called me the day before our tour to introduce himself and check in. We were also in touch the morning of. It was nice to receive these communications in advance. We ended up arriving in Napa about 2 hours late. Be sure to allow ample time if renting a car in San Francisco. I was in line at the rental car place for over an hour.

The experience was great. Chris was very knowledgeable and a good driver. I was very comfortable with him behind the wheel. He knew exactly where he was going before we ever got in the car. Very professional but also laid back and enjoyable to talk to. Was early each day to pick us up. Couldn't have asked for better service.

I'd recommend using Intimate to help you decide which wineries to visit. They are very knowledgeable and can help you plan your trip. Also, if renting a car, I'd recommend splurging for the SUV. We were happy we did since it made the experience even better.

Our experience with intimate was excellent and I will be recommending to friends and family and using them again on my next trip.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank C_Alan_B
etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. Moreover, we know you have many choices when booking a wine tour and we thank you again for selecting our company, Intimate Wine Tours. We are so elated that you had such a fantastic experience from start to finish. Susan does an excellent job logistically coordinating your wine tour by not leaving one stone unturned regarding the details of your wine tour. We always get a lot of compliments regarding how great she is to deal with over the phone when booking the wine tour.

Secondly, we are glad that you enjoyed Chris' hospitable and pleasant personality. We also get a lot of compliments regarding Chris and what a great job he does as a wine tour driver.

Again, we thank you for your business and look forward to planning another exceptional wine tour for you with Intimate Wine Tours.