“wine tours for every taste”

Intimate Wine Tours
Ranked #9 of 247 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a boutique wine tour company, specializing in small and affordable private tours. We have some of the most affordable wine tour rates in the industry. Our staff of concierges has developed close relationships with many wineries and tasting room hosts. Our goal is to provide all our guests with a memorable and exclusive wine tasting experience. Our concierges and hospitality consultants possess years of expert Wine Country experience and are knowledgeable of both Sonoma and Napa County winery appellations.
Reviewed November 27, 2012

There seemed to be no problem unsolvable or elegant detail overlooked with Susan and her team at Intimate Wine Tours! Our needs for two tours during our stay in California were extremely different and Susan handled it with aplomb. It was a pleasure to do the planning on the phone and to hear suggestions with one idea leading to another and another. What was the most delightful though, is how Susan took our few comments about our guests and planned a trip perfectly suited to their interests and tastes. We had great fun with our guides, Chris and Jason, who were knowledgeable and also sensitive as to when to “guide” us and when to let us laugh and chatter amongst ourselves. They seemed much more than guides by the end of our tour! One last word on the elegant picnic at the winery, the food was so delicious and presentation of it so special we felt we could have taken the whole tour just for lunch! Thanks for a fantastic time; we’ll be back.

etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Fantastic! Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our company. We are more than pleased on how you enjoyed your wine tour with Intimate Wine Tours. As always, Susan does such a remarkable job regarding her attentiveness and conscientious detail, making sure that not one stone is left unturned as far as exceeding expectations. Moreover, Chris and Josh are excellent drivers regarding their knowledge and courteous professionalism. Furthermore, we are so elated that you enjoyed Susan's gourmet and award winning catered picnic. The gourmet lunch is fantastic and really quite a bargain when you consider that it is a three course food and wine pairing. We are excited to hear that you will be back and we look forward to providing you with another exceptional wine tour with Intimate Wine Tours.

All reviews
in 63 reviews
"russian river valley"
"safe driver"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 14 reviews
in 151 reviews
"itinerary"
in 74 reviews

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Wow! Tom was great as our guide. He melded well with our sense of humor and was very knowledgeable about our trip. Plenty of inside information and kept us on our schedule in a very professional manner. Tom joked with us at times and sometimes stepped away when the 6 of us were tasting. We would definitely would use Tom again.

etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for the positive review and feedback. On behalf of Intimate Wine Tours, we thank you for your business. Moreover, we are thoroughly pleased that you had such a great time. One of the many advantages of booking with our company is to keep you on schedule in order to maximize your wine tasting experience. As the wine tour time progresses throughout the day, we start fighting the clock regarding the schedule of the wineries. One of our jobs is to keep you on schedule within a very polite and courteous manner regarding logistical drive time to the next stop and how many wineries we can fit into the schedule before they close. We look forward to seeing you again soon and to provide you with another exceptional wine tour experience with Intimate Wine Tours.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My fiance and I traveled to Napa and Sonoma in October 2012. Our driver Chris was on-time, courteous and knowledgeable about the vineyards and the area.

This was my second time using Intimate Wine tours (previously on a trip to Sonoma). Relative to other car services available in the area, Intimate Wine Tours provides a more economical and more comfortable solution (use your own car for touring).

etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you again for booking with us a second time at Intimate Wine Tours. We truly appreciate your business as it was entirely our pleasure. Moreover, we are so pleased that you had a great time and enjoyed Chris. Furthermore, thank you for acknowledging one of the numerous advantages of booking with our company regarding our very affordable price point. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and to provide you with another exceptional wine tour experience with Intimate Wine Tours.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was the morning of the day we wanted to look at wineries, and my wife suggested we try a tour. It was close to the end of the season (November), so I went to the front desk of the B&B we were staying at and asked for some recommendations. She suggested Intimate Wine Tours, and gave me their number. I called Susan, and she said she had one driver left for the day. She checked, just to make sure, and then got back with me right away - Chris will be arriving at our B&B within the hour - at the time I had specified in our conversation. He got here, and we toured some smaller botique wineries in Napa (something like what we were starting back in North Georgia). We even got information about one of the winery's Sustainable Practices to help us back home. Chris was very knowledgable about the area, and Susan arranged all the tours. We had a wonderful time, and gained some very useful information from our "Wine Tour Research". Chris recommended a lunch stop - which was delicious. We ate our sandwiches at one of the wineries we toured. I'd recommend Intimate Wine Tours, and Chris to anyone visiting the area!

etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

We know you have many choices when visiting the Napa and Sonoma valley and we thank you for deciding to choose Intimate Wine Tours. Once again, one of the many advantages of booking with our company, based upon our relationships with a lot of the wineries, is that we can often make last minute arrangements. It is not easy, but it can be done under certain circumstances. We are pleased that you enjoyed the company and hospitality of Chris. He always does a fantastic job. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the future and to provide you with another great wine tour experience with Intimate Wine Tours.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We used Intimate Wine Tours for our 2 days of wine adventure in Napa and Sonoma and it was fantastic!!!! Tom was amazing in his knowledge of the region and some of the wineries they suggested were just amazing! The picnic that was arranged was amazing, Susan out did herself, the food and the ambiance were tremendous. My partner surprised me by proposing on our vacation and Intimate Wine Tours went above and beyond to make the event special and memorable and I thank them for this. Susan I only wish I could coax you up to Canada to cater my wedding. Tom and Susan you are amazing, I am telling everyone I know that if they are considering a trip to Napa/Sonoma to book thru you so you better brush up on your Canadian speak. Thanks for the wonderful memories and look forward to booking with you again. Tom, I enjoyed our dialogue of The Godfather, thanks for taking me to "the desk", it was a highlight for me, LOVED IT!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS, on your proposal and getting engaged in the Napa wine country. Everything was entirely our pleasure and we are so elated that we had the opportunity to be a part of your special occasion. Susan truly does a remarkable job regarding her three course gourmet catered picnic lunch with the ambiance and holiday Halloween theme. Thank you for deciding to choose our company, we look forward to seeing all of you again in the near future and to provide you with another exceptional wine tour experience with Intimate Wine Tours. Congratulations on the engagement!