“The Mavericks”

Northern California Winery Tours
Ranked #32 of 195 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Uptown Theatre is Northern California's Premiere Live Music and Entertainment Theater! Nestled in the heart of downtown Napa, this stunningly restored art deco masterpiece from 1937 showcases only the finest acts in music and comedy. A historic landmark, the Uptown offers a phenomenal, intimate live show experience with world class sound and site lines. Distance from the last row to the stage is only 90 feet making every seat truly a great seat! Visit our website for a virtual tour of the stunning interior. This is a must-see hot spot for anyone visiting the Napa Valley and a full schedule of entertainment can be found on our website. New shows are continually added so check back often when planning your trip to Napa! Upcoming Shows Include: Charlie Musselwhite 2/19, Indigo Girls 2/20, The Charlie Daniels Band 2/26, Dana Carvey 3/4, John Hiatt 3/12, Peter Frampton 3/19, David Crosby 3/20, Jackie Greene 3/26, Patty Griffin 3/31, Crystal Bowersox 4/29, David Sedaris 5/5, Los Lonely Boys 5/20
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Mavericks are back and could not have played a better venue. Crowd was sedate and skewed older but by the end they were rockin! Great new renovation and not a bad seat in the house.

1  Thank coastalbrett

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Wow, it was my first time at this venue and it was a treat! The size of the theater is quite small BUT it was so roomy! The cafe was great we had a grilled pesto cheese sandwich and had some beers and wine!
The show was off the hook! People dancing and we were in row G and it was so close!! The sound is terrific and unlike most venues you feel suffocated but at Uptown the air circulation was great!

1  Thank Sammy L
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I just saw Mayer Hawthorne at the Uptown Theater in Napa, CA and what a pleasant surprise!!! I've gone to many concerts in many different places and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at the Uptown Theater. It reminds me of the Fox/Crest theaters back in the day. The sound was great and you had a good seat no matter where you sat!!!! I highly recommend this place for any concerts.

1  Thank FlyingSolo916
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very nice theater.. affordable wines with generous portions. Would definitely return

1  Thank Shaila11
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Beautiful place, nice people - not too crowded, drinks are reasonable. The only problem we had: we were near the front and two drunk ladies & their dates snuck down near us. One was crazy dancing in the aisle and screaming and the other was older and so drunk my husband thought she was going to throw up. Security moved crazy dancer back a little when she got near the stage, but it was really distracting from the show (Jerry Jeff Walker). Our friends had seats higher up and they said she was distracting to them as well. I wish they had done something more about it so we could enjoy the front seats we actually paid for.