“Perfect Hospitality in Napa”
Review of Inn on Randolph

Inn on Randolph
Ranked #5 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Perfect Hospitality in Napa”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Karen and all the folks who work here are phenomenal. From the moment you pull up to the inn, it feels like you've arrived home. We got great tips on local wineries and restaurants to try during our stay, so make sure you take advantage of the pool of knowledge. I also feel lucky that we arrived when fresh banana muffins were being pulled out of the oven and got to enjoy them as we were shown the different common areas on our way to our cottage (we stayed in Laurel cottage).

Our room was wonderful. The bed is dressed in Comphy sheets and was so cozy that it did make it hard to get motivated to get up in the morning, especially with the fireplace going. The bathroom is spa like, with the wonderful heated floor, giant shower/bath, and plush towels and robes. I particularly enjoyed having some hot tea in the evenings, which was very easy to do as they provide a self serve station for french press coffee and teapots with easy directions.

The location is great, with downtown Napa being about a 10 minute walk away. If it's raining, there's even a giant umbrella in the room for you to use and a flashlight if you are coming home after dark!

I don't need a gluten free diet, but I loved the breakfast. It was a perfect way to start a day of wine tours and walking.

In all, I don't think I've ever stayed anywhere that made me feel so relaxed and happy. I am already looking at my schedule to figure out when I can come back. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a single bad room, but I did like having the stand alone cottage just...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
West Simsbury, Connecticut
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Inn On Randolph is a terrific place to stay when visiting Napa Valley; especially good for couples or singles, The whole Inn has been recently completely renovated. The new decor is very tasteful, up-to-date and and inviting. The owner, Karen Lynch, has paid great attention to many details that will make for a wonderful stay. Karen really goes out of her way to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. You will find great beds, luxurious bathrooms, gourmet breakfasts, and cheerful and knowledgeable assistance with local activities and meal choices. The Inn is in walking distance to downtown Napa, several good restaurants and Oxbow Market. You will not want to leave the Inn on Randolph.

Room Tip: Touch base with Karen Lynch ahead of your stay so that you can make some reservations for activities...
London
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Location:
In a residential area approx. 10 mins walk from downtown Napa

General:
Beautifully done B&B with several cottages, SPA, TV & entertainment room etc.

Room/Bathroom:
Big room; comfortable bed; good sized bathroom with big shower and good toiletries

Breakfast:
Gluten free, however delicious hot breakfast, nice cereal and fruit, good coffee

Service:
free WiFi; very friendly and helpful inn-keepers who gave us free wine tasting vouchers and lots of suggestions for sightseeing; free coffee and tea

1 Thank aloha75
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Karen is one of the nicest people I have ever dealt with! Seriously, I may have been the most annoying person for her to dela wtih b/c we are a very indecisive group, but Karen was so patient with us! The rooms are all renovated and tastefully decorated. Our bed was super comfortable, but most importnatly, the bathroom was so beautiful! All in, loved it so much that we have gone back AND our friends are going back there next week!

Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
We can't wait to meet your friends! And, you were not annoying. We loved helping you plan your Napa Valley adventure!
Warmly,
Karen
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn on Randolph for three nights last week. We couldn't have had a more enjoyable experience. From the second we arrived, we were immediately greeted, provided a tour of the main house and then brought to our cottage. We were provided with walking directions to town, passes for tasting wine and olive oil and recommendations for dinners and tours. We stayed in the Franklin Cottage and it was stunning. The decor and cleanliness of the entire B&B is beyond words. Breakfast was simply delicious every morning and we were always greeted with a friendly hello and asked about our plans for the day. This was my first experience with a B&B, and I was not at all disappointed with the hospitality. I would highly recommend the Inn on Randolph.

Torrance, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are newly furbished. They had a book comparing how their rooms looked before and the recent renovations look great. Heated floors in the bathroom was great. Breakfast was great. The care takers are very informative and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 6, 2013

It's not my best quality, but I'm really excellent at finding imperfections. To my delight, the Inn on Randolph didn't give me anything to nit-pick. Clean, comfortable, great location, friendly staff, delicious breakfasts, updated everything, AND our room (the Union, located in the main house) felt really private - something that I find rare in a B&B. And, I'm telling you, I have high expectations!

• Stayed April 2013