“Very Nice B&B”

Inn on Randolph
Ranked #5 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at this Bed and Breakfast based on the reviews online and were not disappointed. There is a reason why in this particular case it is ranked as one of the top B&B's in the Napa Valley.
Pros:
- The owners renovated this B&B and opened it up once the renovations were complete. All of the furnishings are new, clean, updated, and very nice. They really did a nice job on it
- The owner (Mrs.) also serves as the innkeeper and is friendly and helpful. She greeted us upon arrival, had restaurant recommendations, showed us around the inn (which is larger than I envisioned online), and served us breakfast the next morning
- The breakfast was gluten-free. While neither myself or my husband normally search for gluten-free products, it was nice to stay at a place where they were health-conscious too. Our breakfast was unique in that it was corn cakes and quinoa with cucumber and tomatoes with yogurt and homemade granola and orange juice
- They provided filter tap water which was also a nice touch
Cons:
- There wasn't a TV in our room. Maybe some of the other rooms have them but ours did not. While we don't go to a B&B to watch TV, it is something nice to have. However, they do have a shared media room if you want to watch TV

Room Tip: We had the Union room which was upstairs. It was quiet and very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rporta
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you loved the renovation, the amenities and the breakfast. Our guests pick their accommodations based on their personal preferences. We have guests that stay at the Inn that do not want TVs in the rooms, and guests that don't want to miss their favorite shows. To try to offer the best of both worlds we have TVs in all the cottage rooms, and in the Neiman event room, and we don't have TVs in the historic building. Again, thanks for all your kind words.
Warmly,
Karen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a few days in Napa at the Inn on Randolph. From start to finish our stay was fabulous! Karen & Dan went overboard to make sure we enjoyed our stay. I was thrilled when Karen offered to help us map out our trip. We were able to enjoy tastings at some of the best wineries. The beds were unbelievably comfy & the breakfast each morning was delicious, We were also able to walk to town for dinner. The Inn had everything you could ask for and more. We will definitely be back next year.

2  Thank Ali G
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just returned from a Napa Valley long weekend to celebrate a friend's 50th. This was the perfect spot. The Inn on Randolph is walkable to town for dinner, shopping etc. The food was creative, fresh and delicious. The rooms are all recently redone, cozy and sophisticated- each with its own fireplace. Best of all was the hospitality. Karen and Dan helped arrange the biking, winery tours and dinners. I would stay here again & again & again! We miss it already!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Keeneh C
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I just returned home after a quick 4-day getaway to Napa and the inn on Randolph. We had researched our trip and read many of the reviews on this site. We were excited for our stay and naturally had high expectations. We chose the "Union" room because it had a balcony overlooking the back yard where we could relax and drink our morning coffee. The beds and sheets were the most comfortable we've ever slept on. We ordered the same sheets for our home while we were there. I would say the accommodations were as advertised. Outstanding. But what really made our trip, were the ideas and resources that Karen and Dan were able to provide. They suggested restaurants and made the reservations. They set up a bike tour that stopped at our favorite wineries. They provided us access to the local health club for our morning workouts. They were also able to get us tastings at private wineries we would never have been able to do on our own. I was very glad we did not wait till we got there to start making our plans because the best things are always booked in advance. Top-notch accommodations + passionate, engaging inn keepers = an unforgetable experience..

2  Thank 800jmac
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Found the Inn on Randolph over the internet. The reviews were excellent and the pictures of the Inn were beautiful. My Husband & I found the reviews to be true and our experience there was Outstanding! We loved it & will return!

We stayed there with two other couples, and we all share the same opinion.

Karen has done a phenomenal job updating this property. You can truly see all the work she has put into it. It’s beautifully decorated with careful attention to details in the interior as well as the exterior of the property. The bed, pillows, & sheets are comfortable and cozy. It is impressively clean and spotless everywhere. Breakfast is presented magnificently and is also delicious. The granola mix with fresh fruits and yogurt are the best I've ever had.

We feel that Karen is an incredible hostess. Her team is superb. They are all very knowledge regarding vineyards, restaurants or any other plans you may have questions. Our stay there was excellent and we highly recommend the Inn on Randolph. The Best B&B Ever!

Karen thanks for making this a truly fabulous experience.

Room Tip: Loved The Hannah Moore. 1st Floor, and very roomy.
2  Thank Vivian L
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I came to Napa with high expectations for the Inn on Randolph and they were blown away by Karen, Dan and their team. This Inn has all the charm and character of a great bed and breakfast, but the accommodations of a luxury hotel. We stayed three nights in the "Laurel Cottage" and it had everything you could want...fireplace, jacuzzi tub, great TV, sitting area, fancy coffee maker, super--comfortable bed with the most amazing sheets I had ever slept in... And all with the sounds of a bubbling fountain outside our door. It is clear the owners take great pride in their Inn and really you feel like you are staying in their private home. I understand the Inn was recently refurbished and it definitely shows--everthing is immaculate and modern but without having lost that bed and breakfast quaintness. I was pleasantly surprised at the breakfast experience. I had expected a simple buffet in the morning, but woke up in the morning to a spread of fresh fruit, yogurt and granola to die for and then a served a hot breakfast that changed every day--my favorite was a home made roast beef hash, with poached eggs. This is my new "go-to"spot in Napa. I highly recommend you try it.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dave M
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm not going to lie I was skeptical because I have never stayed at a B&B before visiting Karen's great property. I could not have been happier from the minute my GF and I walk into their place. We stayed in one of their cottages (Fowler Cottage). This was so amazing. Heated floors in the bathroom, a soaking tub for 2, and an amazing shower with duel shower heads. A romantic fire place and great bed. If you are looking for a B&B feel but also a unique experience go with one of the cottages. I didn't see the rooms in the actual house but we met some girls renting the entire upstairs and they said it was very nice as well.

Food was amazing in the morning, Karen and her husband had wine and some cheese set out in a gathering room for guests on Friday evening. I could continue on and on!

Guys if your worried about the crappy B&B feel, have no fears, this place has a great modern feel, with the upgrades you would expect at a high end hotel, and you can walk to downtown Napa.

2  Thank Chicago_Traveler44