“Best part of our trip!”

Squire Livery Tours
Ranked #1 of 252 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Squire Livery We love everyone yet our passion is with the small intimate appointment only Winery’s so if you’re planning your special trip to Napa and Sonoma. It’s an important getaway, and you want it—no need it—to be both easy and luxurious. One thing for sure, you don’t want to drive yourself. You want to enjoy the wines safely; you want to be with someone who knows the valley: its wines, its roads, its rhythm… But, you aren’t the “canned tour” type; no cheap box lunch and 45-seat-bus for you. This isn’t a “Girls Gone Wild” stretch-limo kind of occasion. You want understated luxury and personal service. Welcome to Squire Livery. We are a tiny (two car), very personalized transportation and tour company for Napa and Sonoma. We specialize in intimate tours of wine country. We can take you to wineries of your choosing, but we are Particularly known for leading our clients to Hidden gems with Private Appointment Tastings, often times with the wine maker or vintner.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I took my mom to Napa for her birthday in early March. Kent was recommended by a friend of a friend. The private tour with Kent was the best part of our trip. He was very knowledgeable about the are and all of the wineries. He took us to wineries that we would have never found on our own and we got to meet the winery owners at most of the places. Every winery we visited was outstanding and it was a very personal experience. He also took my camera and took loads of fabulous pictures. I loved the candid shots I got with my mom. In additional to the awesome day we spent with Kent he was helpful in providing recommendations prior to us arriving in Napa and was willing to help with any plans we needed to make. I would highly recommend hiring Kent if you are looking for a truly unique and personal experience on your trip to wine country. I can't wait to return for a second trip!

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"personal touch"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Kent was the perfect driver, guide, educater and overall calming presence for our party.

We had a group of six with vastly different tastes and Napa experience. The wineries, the stories, the history, the agriculture and even the science of wine was explained in such a way to entertain and inform all of us. Kent coordinated the day to never rush us but kept us on schedule. Our group was running a bit late and Kent made sure to contact all of our scheduled stops to make the necessary arrangements. This left us a fun, care-free day to concentrate on wine, each others company and some amazing views.

Kent's friendly and helpful demeanor continued after our day had ended. Kent lives near our hotel and made sure we all knew that he could be contacted for any help or advice.

I am excited to return to Napa Valley to once again take advantage of his recommendations, knowledge, and amazing connections with the wineries.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Kent came highly recommended by our daughter, who had experienced Napa with girlfriends twice with Kent as their driver, before we had the privilege this past week. She did not steer us wrong! What a joy to have such an experienced and fun-loving guide to take our cares away and allow us to completely enjoy our day in Napa! We had been to Napa once before and driven ourselves - not recommended, especially if you are staying in San Francisco. We were not interested in a large tour bus where you are always waiting on someone. Kent whisked us away from our San Fran resort and safely delivered us back there after a fun and relaxing day of wine-tasting and visiting with the families of the wineries. Well worth our investment! You are in for a treat if you go with Squire Livery!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I wanted to share our love of the wine country with our friends who had never visited the Napa Valley. As impossible as it seems to have a perfect record in the service industry these days, Kent Higginbotham delivers as advertised. We experienced a leisurely day under his care visiting hidden gems with intimate tastings in winemaker's homes with the owners themselves. He even presented my partner's wife with a nice bottle of champagne and balloons to commemorate her milestone birthday. If you are looking to experience an inside'rs view of the valley, then you owe it to yourself to put yourself and those you care about in the capable hands of Kent and the Squire Livery. Well done, sir!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been touring Napa for many years and Kent and Squire Livery are simply the best! You will only visit places that Kent has researched and he knows will take proper care of you. I have yet to visit a winery with him that isn't amazing. He always takes us to new places and we continually ask him where he finds these places. I just can't imagine anybody knowing the valley better than him. His hospitality, professionalism,and knowledge of the valley, are second to none. It won't take you long to know that Kent is not just your tour guide for the day but your friend looking after you. He's a great professional and a great person and I know he will do everything possible for you to have a great Napa experience.