“There is no other way to go!”
Review of Flex Wine Tours

Flex Wine Tours
Ranked #9 of 47 Transportation in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Flex Private Wine Tours focuses on the total wine country touring experience. Whether a seasoned veteran of wine tasting or beginners wanting to learn, our local Sommelier curated tours has something for everyone. From our ultra-exclusive 'Sommelier for Day' to our first-timers tour, we custom design your day to fit your needs. Don't waste your time or money anywhere else...James at FWT will personally guide you through all aspects of your trip out so you can make the most of your short time here with a complete master plan. We'll also work within any budget and assist on all your activities for the rest of your trip. Relax...you're in wine country. Book us now!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We drink wine all the time and wanted to experience Napa the way we'd always thought it would be - intimate tastings, beautiful scenery, peace and tranquility. James and Diane customized our itinerary to perfection - we just couldn't have asked for better. Diane was an outstanding guide, the car was fantastic and comfortable, and best of all, her relationships with the various vintners made for a truly memorable and personal experience. All I can say is that I will tell everyone I know to book with Flex Wine Tours - there is simply no other way to go.

1  Thank speckielou
Guide2_WC, Owner at Flex Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was fun touring you guys around our beautiful valley and it is especially gratifying to know that you enjoyed your day with us. You specified a more 'eclectic' and 'off the beaten path' type of day and we like knowing we delivered for you. James has a knack for getting you to the not only the right places and good wines, but the people you might enjoy most. Cheers to that and come back soon! - Diane

All reviews
"first stop"
"james"
in 374 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a great time with Flex Wine Tours last week.

An email was sent enquiring about availability weeks before our trip out to Napa. Responses were received promptly, these responses were very clear, informative and helpful. All information including the services offered, the costing, etc was set out in great detail. It was also a simple 'all in' rate which made it much easier to decide on as well.

James also followed up with a query to gauge our level of understanding in wines, our palate, etc and was also very open to ideas. Ultimately, the itinerary that was chosen was a very good mix of our input and what James felt was consistent with our palates. The vineyards that were arranged were of a high standard, and James definitely judged our tastes correctly.
There was a good mix of old established vineyards, young and up and coming ones, as well as a surprise in a small family owned vineyard of very high standard.

On the day itself, James was also very punctual, and he was very accomodating and engaging. James is knowledgeable about not us US wines, were able to have meaningful discussions on wines around the world as well as the ones in Napa. His passion for wine and Napa certainly shows - it must be great doing a job that is also your passion!

James brought us on a driving tour of the area, so we got to see more of the area than expected. We were even able to squeeze in an additional tasting session on the fly. Lunch was also arranged at a quaint and picturesque location. The Flex vehicle was also very comfortable, clean and well stocked with amenities though we didn't make use of those. I pity those people I saw in those low stretch limos that steer like cows - they really do not make sense given the local conditions and you can't see much in them.

Mysteriously, James was also able to settle us in at each vineyard and whisk us off very inobstrusively and quickly.

James also took cameo photos of us and sent us a care package of these photos, I have't looked at them yet but they will no doubt be great keepsakes. (I think he keeps a clone of himself somewhere in the car...)

I would certainly recommend Flex Wine Tours to friends visiting US wine country or going with Flex Wine again in the future. They were very professional, helpful, and a great pleasure to work with.

We were a party of 2 adults with a young child in tow.

As a postscript, I would add that our experience with Flex Wine Tours was the exact opposite of the kind of behaviour I had from another wine tour company I had the misfortune of encountering. Hurrah for Flex Wine!

Guide2_WC, Owner at Flex Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for the extended kind words. Sometimes corresponding only via email as you were in Singapore, it is a challenge to gauge the experience. But you did a good job of thoroughly explaining your wishes along with your wine acumen well. Your family was delightful and we made very good use of our short time. Given the right circumstances, you can see a lot more in shorter periods if the day is logistically well laid out....noted for those on a tight time schedule. See you here again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

What can I say... WOW!!! James- You spoiled me & my sister! I cant see a trip to Napa being done any other way!

I did a lot of research and knew a limo was not the way to go~ too big and bulky to get around in. I came across Flex Wine Tours and was impressed by all the great reviews so I sent James an email. I'm so happy that I did!

The reason for our trip was a "Sister's Weekend Getaway". Neither of us had been to Napa and the only thing we knew about wine is that we like to drink it. James was very helpful from the moment I contacted him. He was very knowledgeable about the area, the wineries and the wine itself.

We visited The Reynolds Family Winery, Regusci Vineyards (one of our fav's- had tons of fun there), Paraduxx, and William Hill Winery (the views here are amazing!). James walked us into each stop and would make sure we were getting the royal treatment. He saved us a few tasting fee's (when we purchased) and made sure we would get tastings of the "good stuff".

The vehicle was very comfortable and smooth riding. There was lost of room for us and the wine we purchased. The Bonus for us was him taking pictures of the trip and sending them after we returned home. (mine would have been horrible after all that wine)

Keeping two Texas Gals on schedule while drinking can be a lil bit like herding cats- He did an amazing job at keeping us on schedule and did it with a smile!

We will be using Flex Wine Tours again for sure!

ROCK ON with your Flex!!!

2  Thank Kristie S

Ah yes, my fellow Texans...what fun you were. I know we had some work to do early on as you got me to rearrange my schedule so I could personally take care of you on my day "off"...but I'm glad I did. Not only were you entertaining, but I learned your little secret of how to handle drinking all day...I will try it soon. Come back any time and we'll show you more of the roads less traveled. Cheers!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

From our initial call with James to the tour planning and then the actual day -- it was nothing short of amazing! We traveled with wife, Diane and again, she was perfect...knowledgeable, but spunky & down-to-earth for us as 1st time Napa visitors. The Flex vehicle itself was extremely pleasant & comfortable, especially considering we had first wanted to go with a private limo experience, but then came across Flex Tours on TripAdvisor. After speaking with James, it was a done deal and wow, what a great decision. We visited Mumm, Frogs Leap, Fontanella & O'Brien wineries, all selected by James based on our conversation about mine and my husband's expectations. They were all unique and positive experiences...Mumm & O'Brien were our personal favorites :) If your considering other tours -- hunt no more | Flex Tours with James & Diane are a sure bet!

1  Thank fourmckeons
Guide2_WC, Owner at Flex Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hi and thank you so much for the great review! I'm so glad it was everything you hoped for and that we were able to give you a taste of Napa which suited your desires and expectations. Touring you guys was great fun for me, too, and I hope you are planning to come back and see us again soon. Cheers!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our group of five from the East coast called Flex upon personal recommendation, best call we could have made. Flex Wine Tours exceeded all our expectations. From the first calls and emails, Flex Wine Tours worked hard to plan a tour that introduced us to the very best of the Valley. We really enjoyed the flexibility and nimbleness of James as we found places we liked.

James' knowledge and passion for Napa is clear and vast. The vehicle was perfect; clean, great A/C, cold beverages and snacks. Best part of the vehicle is the large trunk for the cases of wine, trust me, you will need the room!

Flex Wine Tours came highly recommended and I now, too, recommend them to you.

1  Thank Matthew O
Guide2_WC, Owner at Flex Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thanks for the follow up on the group and the review. It was an honor to be included with your 'special plans' albeit a little on the fly. I'm glad we made it happen for the happy couple and for the rest of the crew as well...great fun me too! I trust all traveled well back home and now you have your guy here for the next time out. Maybe just get you closer to town though. *8-]